Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
HTL Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HTL Buses (/showthread.php?tid=51)

RE: HTL Buses - mathias - 10/01/2013 16:38

(BF62 JZT) Sprinter/Evobus 'Breadvan' was on the 209-BOOTLE CIRCULAR last night.
Well you've gotta ride it haven't you?Wink

The doors fascinate me, open like a gull-wing (I think they're called Outward Sliding Doors), the floor is low and four tip-up seats are located near the driver's cab. Seventeen seats in all, all trimmed in a red moquette.
A digital clock with red numbers is fitted near the front of the bus, and red safety hammers are latched-onto the windows as they're classed as Emergency Exits.

A very quiet bus, but God! THE RIDE IS TERRIBLE!
VERY firm suspension bashes into potholes! Not nice.

I can't help but think this is a cut-price bus, and I thought the 'Breadvan' died-out in the '90s?Sad

RE: HTL Buses - MPTE1955 - 10/01/2013 17:01

Doesnt matter what they put in those sprinters, they will always just be a van to me and nothing else.

RE: HTL Buses - V671 DVU - 10/01/2013 17:19

(10/01/2013 16:38)mathias Wrote:  (BF62 JZT) Sprinter/Evobus 'Breadvan' was on the 209-BOOTLE CIRCULAR last night.

The doors fascinate me, open like a gull-wing (I think they're called Outward Sliding Doors), the floor is low and four tip-up seats are located near the driver's cab. Seventeen seats in all, all trimmed in a red moquette.
A digital clock with red numbers is fitted near the front of the bus, and red safety hammers are latched-onto the windows as they're classed as Emergency Exits.

I can't help but think this is a cut-price bus, and I thought the 'Breadvan' died-out in the '90s?Sad

Couldn't agree any more! Rode JZW on it's second day out on the 898 a few weeks back and the driver was having to crawl over the bumps in Croxteth at about 5 MPH it was that bad. Absolutely awful vans (they're not buses, you can stick seats and windows in it all you want but it's still a van!) which really need their suspension fixing and soon.

RE: HTL Buses - MPTE1955 - 10/01/2013 17:28

Don't get me wrong, as vans Sprinters are very good and I like driving them as vans, but as a bus I just wouldnt fancy it.

RE: HTL Buses - Ultralow - 10/01/2013 18:18

(10/01/2013 17:19)V671 DVU Wrote:  
(10/01/2013 16:38)mathias Wrote:  (BF62 JZT) Sprinter/Evobus 'Breadvan' was on the 209-BOOTLE CIRCULAR last night.

Couldn't agree any more! Rode JZW on it's second day out on the 898 a few weeks back and the driver was having to crawl over the bumps in Croxteth at about 5 MPH it was that bad. Absolutely awful vans (they're not buses, you can stick seats and windows in it all you want but it's still a van!) which really need their suspension fixing and soon.

Then Bread Vans are the worst things iv ever seen and been on iv only been on one on the 883 about 4 months ago and im going to make it my last . i thought the selwyns smart eco buses were bad in St Helens but nothing can be worse than a bread van or a sprinter van.

RE: HTL Buses - M113 YKC - 10/01/2013 18:37

(10/01/2013 18:18)Ultralow Wrote:  
(10/01/2013 17:19)V671 DVU Wrote:  

Then Bread Vans are the worst things iv ever seen and been on iv only been on one on the 883 about 4 months ago and im going to make it my last . i thought the selwyns smart eco buses were bad in St Helens but nothing can be worse than a bread van or a sprinter van.
To echo other comments... I had BX12 DZG on the 236 once - absolutely awful ride! Each speed-bump was painful and I was very, very, very glad to get off in Maghull! The bus had so much technology on it, too - what a shame. I will NOT be riding on one of those again if I get a choice.

RE: HTL Buses - mathias - 12/01/2013 12:40

I think we're agreed then.
These new Sprinters are a pain in the ar**
Literally!LOL

RE: HTL Buses - wirralbus - 12/01/2013 14:54

What was the main reason for those bread vans in the first place , can only be a matter of time before things start falling off if the suspension is that stiff.

RE: HTL Buses - buses7675 - 12/01/2013 19:59

They are ideal, capcity wise, for low quieter routes such as Joblink 883/897/898/899.

They comply with Merseytravel specification and given the last set (the 52/03 reg ones) lasted 10 years, albeit with various bits of work done to them, they can't be THAT bad. Ride quality in the older ones wasn't the best really so it seems that is just a general problem with van based minibuses.

RE: HTL Buses - MX12CFE - 16/01/2013 07:33

One of the new 62 reg sprinters broke down on the 236 yesterday its doors failed driver said he could not drive with one door open and the other closed so he took it out of service the passengers wernt happy at all.