Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
HTL Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HTL Buses (/showthread.php?tid=51)

RE: HTL Buses - DEM777Y - 19/04/2023 07:01

(19/04/2023 01:56)N271CKB Wrote:  Incident on the 258 reported by Liverpool Echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/yob-throws-concrete-slab-through-26728697

Obviously a shocking incident and I hope that the thug responsible is caught quickly and dealt with harshly. However, a quick check online reveals that this bus is not insured, and the details cannot be found for the VED check site. Surely this can't be the case?

RE: HTL Buses - Scania1996 - 19/04/2023 10:27

(19/04/2023 07:01)DEM777Y Wrote:  Obviously a shocking incident and I hope that the thug responsible is caught quickly and dealt with harshly. However, a quick check online reveals that this bus is not insured, and the details cannot be found for the VED check site. Surely this can't be the case?

On the Facebook post the registration of the vehicle involved shows as YJ71 OJK. I'm assuming this is what you have searched instead of YX71 OJK?

RE: HTL Buses - DEM777Y - 19/04/2023 14:46

(19/04/2023 10:27)Scania1996 Wrote:  On the Facebook post the registration of the vehicle involved shows as YJ71 OJK. I'm assuming this is what you have searched instead of YX71 OJK?

I searched YJ71 as that was the number on the info stamp of the CCTV image. IF HTL can't programme their systems correctly...

RE: HTL Buses - CX06 EBK - 20/04/2023 00:56

The CCTV is looked after by an outside source, so it will be an error on their behalf so not HTLs doing really - it will just be a mix up on a given list of registrations.

RE: HTL Buses - NathanR - 10/05/2023 10:13

Although withdrawn from service when HTL lost various tenders DK08 AYV has a new MOT, is something happening to this vehicle or is it due to leave the HTL fleet for pastures new? TIA.

RE: HTL Buses - T42 PVM - 10/05/2023 10:26

(10/05/2023 10:13)NathanR Wrote:  Although withdrawn from service when HTL lost various tenders DK08 AYV has a new MOT, is something happening to this vehicle or is it due to leave the HTL fleet for pastures new? TIA.

A driver i know mentioned to me a couple of months ago they where considering reinstating it, Since its got a new MOT it sounds like this is happening

RE: HTL Buses - RyanL385 - 21/05/2023 21:05

Maybe sounds a bit of a weird question but,

Have any members of the HTL fleet never been repainted in their lives with the company?

Whether this be one of the 16 plate Solos for example that have been with the company since new or, one of the many 2nd hand buses.

Thanks In Advance

RE: HTL Buses - NathanR - 21/05/2023 21:40

(21/05/2023 21:05)RyanL385 Wrote:  Maybe sounds a bit of a weird question but,

Have any members of the HTL fleet never been repainted in their lives with the company?

Whether this be one of the 16 plate Solos for example that have been with the company since new or, one of the many 2nd hand buses.

Thanks In Advance

This was something I wanted to ask myself when HTL received OSA/D which were delivered white, I'd say the reason why second-hand acquisitions don't get repainted is probably down to money and vehicle availability/conditions, and maybe even age depending on how long HTL will keep a second-hand acquisition but these are obviously speculations and probably not exactly correct.

RE: HTL Buses - Raawwwrrr! - 21/05/2023 23:48

(21/05/2023 21:40)NathanR Wrote:  This was something I wanted to ask myself when HTL received OSA/D which were delivered white

They’re white because they’re dealership buses, which is why HTL were able to obtain them fairly quickly. I also believe they’re leased rather than owned (but happy to be corrected).

Essentially a dealership such as Mistral orders X amount of new buses, and either sells them off or leases them to various operators in and around the UK. It’s also why they feature the ‘standard’ dealership interior of the blue smart seats, USB ports in the lower section and white Hanover LED that can also be seen on the Hattons and Link Network versions.

RE: HTL Buses - CX06 EBK - 22/05/2023 00:31

Pretty much correct but they have Mobitec destinations, not Hanovers. They did used to get buses painted when acquired but that hasn't been the case for a long time now.