Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - gka472l - 20/06/2012 18:01

Though 7561-7571 were all new to Speke? might be wrong though!

(20/06/2012 16:20)K101HUM Wrote:  7570 & 7571 were new to St Helens rather than Huyton, both moved to Huyton from St Helens for a stint before returning to their home turf in the said year of 2006.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - CX54 DKD - 20/06/2012 19:00

7570 & 7571 were definitely new to St Helens.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - K853 MTJ - 20/06/2012 19:11

7557 was indeed out today, allbeit very briefly! I was in Liverpool ONE about 12 when I was surprised to see it come in on a 26 (Give Green Lane a clap for the destinations ladies and gents, it was Sheil Road Circular cut out of an old blind and placed in front of the Birkenhead blinds it still actually retains!). 2 hours later when I returned at quarter past 2, it was broken down in the alighting stop in Liverpool ONE with a cone behind it to symbolise it was a dud! It was still there when I left about an hour later!
It did cause a few problems for vehicles letting off passengers, as well as causing problems for vehicles turning around (Most notably a Prestige which had to stop and reverse before being able to get around the central reservation successfully!
I got a picture of it laid up in L1 which I'll post later Smile

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - V671 DVU - 20/06/2012 19:13

That's ridiculous, surely a few spare blinds are lying around? Makes it that bit harder for me to find now as well, which is just great!

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - K853 MTJ - 20/06/2012 19:19

I dont know what it was but it stuck out like a sore thumb for me! I just heard a Pointer coming into the station, disregarded it to get a picture, looked at it and it seemed a bit scruffy, too scruffy for an X-ANC. Look again, and theres 7557! Theres something about it which makes it obvious to me! :P

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Vbg111v - 20/06/2012 21:20

I'm not sure which thread to put this in, but Green Lane seems as good as any!

There was a large open air meeting today on the corner of Muirhead & Queens Drive at about 2pm. Present were representatives from Arriva, Stagecoach, Merseytravel & another non transport company. All in hi-vis jackets correctly branded they spent over an hour there taking pictures, talking & just hanging out. A little odd, but obviously something being planned.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - MPTE1955 - 21/06/2012 08:04

It is probably something to do with the roadworks that are going to cause big delays when the start on Queens Drive on the 1st July and maybe they are thinking of a way round them.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Vbg111v - 21/06/2012 11:45

Yes more than likely. That will cause some problems I expect.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - M113 YKC - 21/06/2012 11:50

(20/06/2012 19:11)K853 MTJ Wrote:  7557 was indeed out today, allbeit very briefly! I was in Liverpool ONE about 12 when I was surprised to see it come in on a 26 (Give Green Lane a clap for the destinations ladies and gents, it was Sheil Road Circular cut out of an old blind and placed in front of the Birkenhead blinds it still actually retains!). 2 hours later when I returned at quarter past 2, it was broken down in the alighting stop in Liverpool ONE with a cone behind it to symbolise it was a dud! It was still there when I left about an hour later!
Whatever happened to it yesterday mustn't have been too bad because I've just seen a photo of it on Facebook; it seems to be on the 27 today. It still has that awful "SHEIL ROAD/CIRCULAR" board in the destination area; Dart KU52 RYG (7904) had that type of destination when it was here on loan last year.

Also on Facebook, Plaxton Pointer 2 X208 ANC (2208) has apparently broken down today and, apparently, so has Pulsar 2 MX61 DCZ (3061), which was on the 10B at the time.

(Credit - "Sources on Facebook")

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - V671 DVU - 21/06/2012 15:19

7672 appeared to be driving around this morning with it's bonnet open, don't know why but a few of these Marshall's do it every now and then. It was on the 8 when I saw it, but it appeared to have been booked off only to itself book off 2203 later in the day! It took up 2203's duty on the 9.