Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - K853 MTJ - 25/07/2012 18:17

(25/07/2012 15:56)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(25/07/2012 15:41)Penny Return Wrote:  Being honest though with JS getting all those new solos GL is being left behind as the

local depot with the most Junk Confused
Really? I seem to remember a nice new batch of 61 plate Pulsars not so long ago to replace high floor vehicles which Jackson Street still operate at this current moment. That in addition to the Pulsars that Green Lane managed to get at every other delivery (58, 09, 59, 10)... Green Lane being left behind? I don't think so.

Spot on! This is one of those things I have tried to get across for a long time!

As for Darts being unsuitable, I'd disagree with that. They are ideal for the 8/9, the 68 (whether its permanently at GL or not remains to be seen) and also, from what I have seen the 6/7, I think its only the reliability of Darts that is the only thing stopping that being a regular occurrence on there. However a Renown also disgraced itself this week along with 7671, lets hope it doesn't make a habit of it!

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - V671 DVU - 25/07/2012 18:22

I do apologise, yeah they're quite good for the 8/9 providing the 8/9 aren't the first buses down Prescot Road as if it is people tend to cram onto what ever comes first. I think the 68 could do with the odd DAF on there at times, particularly with the summer timetable kicking in very soon.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - K853 MTJ - 25/07/2012 18:33

I think thats inevitable with any route mate, depending on what order they leave town or whatever, they can get quite busy with people just looking to get any bus just up the road for whatever reason!
Summer timetables puzzle me if I'm honest, kids out of school and people looking to get into town to spend the afternoon out, therefore it makes perfect sense to put less buses on the road! Never understood it myself! :P

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - M113 YKC - 25/07/2012 18:39

(25/07/2012 17:07)Harryn9000 Wrote:  i wish bootle would get rid of the darts completely and get new buses in same as stagecoach buses would be perfect for bootle or even same deckers as well
I replied to your post in the Bootle thread to avoid going off-topic in this thread.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - MPTE1955 - 25/07/2012 20:09

Had 7657 on the 9 late this afternoon with the seemingly obligatory hold up not long before Green Lane, this thing is a heap with the suspension sounding dodgy. However, despite it being a terrible ride this thing can shift a bit as the driver obviously knew he was going to end up late and floored it before and after the hold up. This was my second marshall of the day as I had Bootle's 7662 on the 61 this morning, this is also a bone-shaking heap but 7657 was just about better.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Neoplan N4009 - 25/07/2012 23:28

Tbh GL are not the worst depot for getting junk but Darts are not suitable for most GL routes , it's easy saying we've got 61 plate Pulsars , what difference does that make? Most routes Darts are on get a standing load , and as for The irony of the old Le-Bus slogans high quality, high frequency , there's nothing high quality on getting an X-ANC Dart on route 6 to Warrington. More B10B's would be much better for GL as a whole anyway Darts should be getting fazed out soon so I'll leave it at that

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - M113 YKC - 26/07/2012 09:33

(25/07/2012 23:28)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Tbh GL are not the worst depot for getting junk but Darts are not suitable for most GL routes , it's easy saying we've got 61 plate Pulsars , what difference does that make? Most routes Darts are on get a standing load , and as for The irony of the old Le-Bus slogans high quality, high frequency , there's nothing high quality on getting an X-ANC Dart on route 6 to Warrington. More B10B's would be much better for GL as a whole anyway Darts should be getting fazed out soon so I'll leave it at that
To be honest, if I was part of the ANW management team and I looked at the state of most 58-plated Pulsars and most 09-plated and 59-plated Pulsar 2s (of which, most of them are in the famous "slow mode" - obviously something wrong with maintenance), I'd think, "What the hell are we investing our money here for?"... Green Lane are one of the busiest depots within the ANW division, however, disappointingly, their services definitely run in some of the roughest areas in Merseyside. So, when people wonder why investment isn't coming as fast as expected, take that into consideration. Also, ANW are a business - if they can gain profit from running older buses in service until they're 15 years old, there are no doubts in my mind that that's what they'll do!

(This post isn't directed specifically at you - more of my say on the whole subject.)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Neoplan N4009 - 26/07/2012 10:34

(26/07/2012 09:33)27701 Wrote:  
(25/07/2012 23:28)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Tbh GL are not the worst depot for getting junk but Darts are not suitable for most GL routes , it's easy saying we've got 61 plate Pulsars , what difference does that make? Most routes Darts are on get a standing load , and as for The irony of the old Le-Bus slogans high quality, high frequency , there's nothing high quality on getting an X-ANC Dart on route 6 to Warrington. More B10B's would be much better for GL as a whole anyway Darts should be getting fazed out soon so I'll leave it at that
To be honest, if I was part of the ANW management team and I looked at the state of most 58-plated Pulsars and most 09-plated and 59-plated Pulsar 2s (of which, most of them are in the famous "slow mode" - obviously something wrong with maintenance), I'd think, "What the hell are we investing our money here for?"... Green Lane are one of the busiest depots within the ANW division, however, disappointingly, their services definitely run in some of the roughest areas in Merseyside. So, when people wonder why investment isn't coming as fast as expected, take that into consideration. Also, ANW are a business - if they can gain profit from running older buses in service until they're 15 years old, there are no doubts in my mind that that's what they'll do!

(This post isn't directed specifically at you - more of my say on the whole subject.)

Tbh with you I agree with most of what your saying , I Unfortunatley look at it from
Your average passenger perspective , the on main problem with GL is highlighted from what you said about rough areas, but back in the early arriva days it didn't stop them from using the N-TPKs or further back with the early Atlanteans on the routes. With Doubles you would make more money specially in Green lane but downsides are running costs an idiots who make a misery and aim missiles at the buses , though hopefully once the Enviro 400's come from Laird Street in early 2013 (hopefully) then it will be much better for them tbh

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - M113 YKC - 26/07/2012 10:44

(26/07/2012 10:34)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  hopefully once the Enviro 400's come from Laird Street in early 2013 (hopefully) then it will be much better for them tbh
Well, the story that I've heard regarding the destination of those Enviro400s seems to be more substantial than them going to Green Lane! For so many reasons, I'd never believe an unlikely RUMOUR like that until I see them in service with my own eyes!

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Neoplan N4009 - 26/07/2012 11:01

(26/07/2012 10:44)27701 Wrote:  
(26/07/2012 10:34)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  hopefully once the Enviro 400's come from Laird Street in early 2013 (hopefully) then it will be much better for them tbh
Well, the story that I've heard regarding the destination of those Enviro400s seems to be more substantial than them going to Green Lane! For so many reasons, I'd never believe an unlikely RUMOUR like that until I see them in service with my own eyes!

Hmm you're right there, bit like the media! Can't really believe everything I here from certain sources