Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - SK15 GZG - 06/01/2017 17:57

(06/01/2017 10:47)childwallblues Wrote:  Thank you SD.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. I live on the 18 route and I don't see one on there every day

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - T42 PVM - 09/01/2017 15:33

2471 is on the 18 today, it's just in Queen Square heading to Croxteth Park

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - darthblakey - 12/01/2017 16:01

The two way radio system is now operational here, Speke garage is next.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Barney - 12/01/2017 22:08

(12/01/2017 16:01)darthblakey Wrote:  The two way radio system is now operational here, Speke garage is next.

Is this system operated on a depot basis for it's specific routes and vehicles or is there a central control centre as existed decades ago with the MPTE? The reason why I ask is that if there is a road closure that is used by several different depots does each depot have to relay this information to its own drivers?

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - motormayhem1 - 12/01/2017 22:32

Each depot will will operate its own radio system by having a radio system and a very large screen with the gps map of all the buses on and will only beable to contact there own veicles on there own channel but to be honest i don't think it would be complicated to have access to each depots channels.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - mr t - 13/01/2017 15:07

Seems a bit odd as like Barney says there could be a road or place used by 3 different depots and 1 will get the message if something happens but the other 2 will have to come across it before notifying the other drivers - some examples being Belle Vale (runcorn/Speke/St Helens), Old Swan (Green Lane/Bootle/St Helens) or Aigburth Vale (actually 4 - Green Lane,Speke,Runcorn,Bootle)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - darthblakey - 13/01/2017 21:43

(13/01/2017 15:07)mr t Wrote:  Seems a bit odd as like Barney says there could be a road or place used by 3 different depots and 1 will get the message if something happens but the other 2 will have to come across it before notifying the other drivers - some examples being Belle Vale (runcorn/Speke/St Helens), Old Swan (Green Lane/Bootle/St Helens) or Aigburth Vale (actually 4 - Green Lane,Speke,Runcorn,Bootle)

Each depot supervisor at the end of the radio has to report the incident to a higher manager within that depot, so no depot can make decision for another depot that decision has to come from within each individual depot structure.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - SK15 GZG - 14/01/2017 15:52

4831 and 4833 are here. 3059 now has WiFi

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Barney - 15/01/2017 00:36

(13/01/2017 21:43)darthblakey Wrote:  Each depot supervisor at the end of the radio has to report the incident to a higher manager within that depot, so no depot can make decision for another depot that decision has to come from within each individual depot structure.

I was on a Bootle bus this evening and the bus driver used his mobile phone rather than than the two-way radio system to request a bus exchange. Why have they been fitted?

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - darthblakey - 15/01/2017 01:56

(15/01/2017 00:36)Barney Wrote:  I was on a Bootle bus this evening and the bus driver used his mobile phone rather than than the two-way radio system to request a bus exchange. Why have they been fitted?

Don't forget most drivers with 20 years or less driving experience (or are ex Northwestern or Liverline drivers as they never had two way radios at all) have never used a two way radio system, so this is a new concept which over time all staff will adapt to.

As to why they been fitted is to alert drivers on routes of rtc incidents/road closures or diversions especially in the city centre, and the radio systems are proving their worth already in depots which have gone live.