Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - RedPanda - 07/12/2015 21:47

(07/12/2015 21:32)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The fact that st helens already has cadets is neither nor there really, they are not the only ones to have some, if SH got some what would they be replacing as other than the Ble's there is nothing. So in that respect St Helens is not really a good place for them.

Wales and Bolton to replace the MPD's?

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - SK15 GZG - 07/12/2015 23:30

(07/12/2015 21:08)MX12 KVM Wrote:  I wasn't trying to say the cadets would be suitable replacements for renowns, I meant that St. Helens would be a suitable destination for them as St. Helens already has a number of cadets! I think commanders/pulsars would be better replacements for the renowns. I was expecting the renowns to be replaced first due to them being X/Y plated!

As MPTE1955 has said - what would Cadets replace at St Helens exactly? The only buses due for replacement at St Helens in the near future are the Renowns. Darts 2211 and 2236 will be withdrawn a few months before any stock is available for transfer between depots - so I'd be surprised to see any Cadets end up at St Helens the next few months. However it's already been stated by Motormayhem that some Pulsars will be transferring from Green Lane to St Helens to partially replace the Renowns - with the remainder being replaced by new stock (Enviro400s) for the 89 service

I can see any Cadets released from Runcorn going to Chester, Bolton and Winsford

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - T42 PVM - 08/12/2015 01:16

(07/12/2015 23:30)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  As MPTE1955 has said - what would Cadets replace at St Helens exactly? The only buses due for replacement at St Helens in the near future are the Renowns. Darts 2211 and 2236 will be withdrawn a few months before any stock is available for transfer between depots - so I'd be surprised to see any Cadets end up at St Helens the next few months. However it's already been stated by Motormayhem that some Pulsars will be transferring from Green Lane to St Helens to partially replace the Renowns - with the remainder being replaced by new stock (Enviro400s) for the 89 service

I can see any Cadets released from Runcorn going to Chester, Bolton and Winsford

Wheres the new Enviro 400s for St Helens come from? Bolton dont need Cadets to replace anything as theres only 2565 on a Y reg and thats due of very soon anyway

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - SK15 GZG - 08/12/2015 01:48

(08/12/2015 01:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  Wheres the new Enviro 400s for St Helens come from? Bolton dont need Cadets to replace anything as theres only 2565 on a Y reg and thats due of very soon anyway

Motormayhem said here a few months ago that St Helens depot is due 10 new double deckers next year. I was suggesting that Bolton could have a few Cadets to replace the three MPDs as (I think - I'm not entirely sure how old they are) they will be coming up for withdrawal in the next 12 months or so. We'll have to wait and see anyway

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - CX54 DKD - 08/12/2015 04:26

(07/12/2015 20:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  They were re-freshed around 2010/11. Most received new seat cushions, repaint and LED's
The St Helens examples? LEDs yes but new seat cushions and repaints, no. It's quite evident they haven't been replaced on particular examples and the smell from them is horrendous. Even the couple that were repainted weren't re-done internally. The only refreshed seat covers and cushions seem to be on very specific seats and tend to be toward the rest of the buses so presumably as a result of vandalism.

I used the vehicles whilst on the 89 daily from 2007-2014 and in 7 years their condition did not improve.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 08/12/2015 08:20

(08/12/2015 04:26)CX54 DKD Wrote:  The St Helens examples? LEDs yes but new seat cushions and repaints, no. It's quite evident they haven't been replaced on particular examples and the smell from them is horrendous. Even the couple that were repainted weren't re-done internally. The only refreshed seat covers and cushions seem to be on very specific seats and tend to be toward the rest of the buses so presumably as a result of vandalism.

I used the vehicles whilst on the 89 daily from 2007-2014 and in 7 years their condition did not improve.

They definitely did improve, I lived on the route myself until very recently. Seat cushions were also definitely replaced as the bases were not the originals and had more surface tension compared to the originals (Admittedly there is atleast two that aren't towards the later series) but the rest of the batch were definitely refreshed.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - sth77 - 08/12/2015 10:06

(08/12/2015 01:48)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Motormayhem said here a few months ago that St Helens depot is due 10 new double deckers next year. I was suggesting that Bolton could have a few Cadets to replace the three MPDs as (I think - I'm not entirely sure how old they are) they will be coming up for withdrawal in the next 12 months or so. We'll have to wait and see anyway

I think the MPDs at Bolton are X and W reg

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - T42 PVM - 08/12/2015 10:30

The MPD's at Bolton are 51/02 Reg, Yes the Addition Enviro 400s was mentioned a few months ago but since then it was said that Single Deckers would be due instead, no order has been confirmed for either at the moment but i will ask Arriva on their Facebook Page now as hopefully they can clear things up

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Penny Return - 08/12/2015 10:37

(08/12/2015 10:30)T42 PVM Wrote:  The MPD's at Bolton are 51/02 Reg, Yes the Addition Enviro 400s was mentioned a few months ago but since then it was said that Single Deckers would be due instead, no order has been confirmed for either at the moment but i will ask Arriva on their Facebook Page now as hopefully they can clear things up

Nothing to do with Green Lane this.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - T42 PVM - 08/12/2015 10:43

(08/12/2015 10:37)Penny Return Wrote:  Nothing to do with Green Lane this.

My comment was in reply to Post 1958 but yes your right, we have gone of topic in this Feed