Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - H101GEV - 29/08/2014 17:48

It isn't madness at all. The 15 is one of several routes at Green Lane that has desperately needed a capacity increase for years.

Let me guess, your post is some sort of judgement on people who use the bus in Huyton. No doubt the buses will be plagued with anti-social behaviour and vandalism from the get-go. Or maybe they won't, like buses in similar areas like Birkenhead, Speke, Clubmoor etc. which regularly see double deckers with little incident. Or throughout the rest of the country for that matter.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - V671 DVU - 29/08/2014 17:53

About time I say...fingers crossed the rumours of the 10/A getting deckers also come true. And regarding vandalism, Toxteth is known as one of the worst area's in Liverpool for anti social behaviour and the B7s which have served the 86 road on there for 8 years now aren't that bad...the odd burnt seat and graffitied seatback but nothing too bad. Lets also hope Green Lane put these to good use on the 26/27 on matchday. Have to say though as a regular passenger on most GL services and resident of Huyton, it's about time our end of Liverpool got some deckers!

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - FC Pictures - 29/08/2014 17:54

(29/08/2014 17:48)507009 Wrote:  It isn't madness at all. The 15 is one of several routes at Green Lane that has desperately needed a capacity increase for years.

Let me guess, your post is some sort of judgement on people who use the bus in Huyton. No doubt the buses will be plagued with anti-social behaviour and vandalism from the get-go. Or maybe they won't, like buses in similar areas like Birkenhead, Speke, Clubmoor etc. which regularly see double deckers with little incident. Or throughout the rest of the country for that matter.

they got rid of declers from Green Lane for all those reasons, why would it now be any different,those areas served haven`t changed,and i know Huyton well having worked around there,the present single deck only allocations are right for the area,and there is a fair bit of upper deck damage on some of Speke`s deckers,wrong for some of the areas they serve as well

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - H101GEV - 29/08/2014 17:59

(29/08/2014 17:54)FC Pictures Wrote:  they got rid of declers from Green Lane for all those reasons, why would it now be any different,those areas served haven`t changed,and i know Huyton well having worked around there,the present single deck only allocations are right for the area,and there is a fair bit of upper deck damage on some of Speke`s deckers,wrong for some of the areas they serve as well

Oh, did they really? Clearly Arriva see it very differently from you hence deckers making a return, and rightly so. The move to single deckers at Green Lane was part of the company's policy to pursue more frequent services with smaller buses which was central to the Lebus branding many routes saw during the 2000s.

Present single deck only allocations are not right for the Huyton area at all. Crowding at peak times is a major issue and the 15 is one of the worst affected at Green Lane. Speke's buses are not particularly bad at all, and most of the trouble at that depot comes from the 699 University route, hence why Geminis are the norm on it in the evenings now due to their better CCTV cameras. I despair if you think Speke's deckers are wrong for the area.

While I disagree with the point about Toxteth which I have passed through on the 86 on a regular basis for years and never once had an issue, it's fair to say Speke district has seen some trouble in years past. Not so now though and the double decker allocation at that depot is thriving and only going to get better still over the years to come.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - V671 DVU - 29/08/2014 18:01

Oh you're the same one who thinks the 10/A doesn't need deckers as well aren't you? As I said to you then got and ride a peak hour bus down this neck of the woods when you see everything going towards South Liverpool with nice deckers where everyone can get a seat. And you're saying because the minority of idiots who vandalise buses we should all suffer? Confused Seriously that's just giving the idiots what they want! Also, Toxteth was the first example off my head but you get the jist of it, Speke's buses haven't exactly lived a stress free life...

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - FC Pictures - 29/08/2014 18:04

(29/08/2014 18:01)V671 DVU Wrote:  Oh you're the same one who thinks the 10/A doesn't need deckers as well aren't you? As I said to you then got and ride a peak hour bus down this neck of the woods when you see everything going towards South Liverpool with nice deckers where everyone can get a seat. And you're saying because the minority of idiots who vandalise buses we should all suffer? Confused Seriously that's just giving the idiots what they want!

funny enough i`ve been using the 10/10A a fair bit lately, and no way does it need deckers and yes it does go through cowboy country (knowsley) one place to keep deckers away from as much as possible,and south Liverpool routes are not all double decked and nor should they be, the 82 and 79 don`t really need them outside of the peaks and as for using a decker on the 76 a solo would be nearer the mark for it`s loadings

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - H101GEV - 29/08/2014 18:05

(29/08/2014 18:01)V671 DVU Wrote:  Oh you're the same one who thinks the 10/A doesn't need deckers as well aren't you? As I said to you then got and ride a peak hour bus down this neck of the woods when you see everything going towards South Liverpool with nice deckers where everyone can get a seat. And you're saying because the minority of idiots who vandalise buses we should all suffer? Confused Seriously that's just giving the idiots what they want! Also, Toxteth was the first example off my head but you get the jist of it, Speke's buses haven't exactly lived a stress free life...

Indeed, and nor have the deckers at Bootle and Birkenhead, but it hasn't stopped those depots retaining and increasing their allocation in more modern examples.

If we bought FC Pictures' logic, the vast majority of buses in cities throughout the country would be single deckers because one or two people vandalise the buses. Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, even London - virtually no deckers there. Imagine that!

(29/08/2014 18:04)FC Pictures Wrote:  funny enough i`ve been using the 10/10A a fair bit lately, and no way does it need deckers and yes it does go through cowboy country (knowsley) one place to keep deckers away from as much as possible,and south Liverpool routes are not all double decked and nor should they be, the 82 and 79 don`t really need them outside of the peaks and as for using a decker on the 76 a solo would be nearer the mark for it`s loadings

Proof if it were needed that you simply do not know the loadings routes like the 10/79/82 get. They are regularly full off-peak and painful to use during the peaks, despite the deckers on the 79 and 82. The Solo statement about the 76 is risible.

As for 'Cowboy country', that's just a sweeping statement deserving contempt about a varied borough with both affluent and deprived areas. Parts of Huyton are lovely, and Knowsley village certainly isn't a bad area.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Barney - 29/08/2014 18:09

(29/08/2014 17:54)FC Pictures Wrote:  they got rid of declers from Green Lane for all those reasons, why would it now be any different,those areas served haven`t changed,and i know Huyton well having worked around there,the present single deck only allocations are right for the area,and there is a fair bit of upper deck damage on some of Speke`s deckers,wrong for some of the areas they serve as well

I think that the potential for vandalism on deckers is still there but very much reduced for one very good reason: modern CCTV. In the past any anti-social activity or vandalism that occurred on public transport, especially buses was never recorded. Whether we like it or not CCTV surveillance is now used to detect and deter crime in many public places and the fact that it is now of such high quality and can be used in evidence in a court of law is a very powerful deterrent to all but those high on drink or drugs. In recent times there have been several occasions when CCTV has been used to convict people of criminal activity.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - V671 DVU - 29/08/2014 18:09

(29/08/2014 18:04)FC Pictures Wrote:  funny enough i`ve been using the 10/10A a fair bit lately, and no way does it need deckers and yes it does go through cowboy country (knowsley) one place to keep deckers away from as much as possible,and south Liverpool routes are not all double decked and nor should they be, the 82 and 79 don`t really need them outside of the peaks and as for using a decker on the 76 a solo would be nearer the mark for it`s loadings

Hahaha you really do act like you're 5 in the head don't you? Cowboy Country? Get a grip. You clearly don't travel through Huyton regularly enough do you? And if you do you seriously need to question your common sense and think a sardine tin-like bus is acceptable in 2014, bareing in mind the sheer amount bus fares actually are now? And Speke obviously agree with you on the 76, because it gets Commanders! Got something right mate.

Exactly 507, telling you, the minority suffer the majority in his mind! Something wrong with society...

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - FC Pictures - 29/08/2014 18:15

(29/08/2014 18:09)V671 DVU Wrote:  Hahaha you really do act like you're 5 in the head don't you? Cowboy Country? Get a grip. You clearly don't travel through Huyton regularly enough do you? And if you do you seriously need to question your common sense and think a sardine tin-like bus is acceptable in 2014, bareing in mind the sheer amount bus fares actually are now? And Speke obviously agree with you on the 76, because it gets Commanders! Got something right mate.

Exactly 507, telling you, the minority suffer the majority in his mind! Something wrong with society...

i think you need to get a grip,and as another point will Green Lane Drivers refuse to drive deckers without a pay increase like they refused to have the ex London Bendys on the 26/27