Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot (/showthread.php?tid=5)

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Valandil - 05/03/2014 07:05

(05/03/2014 04:06)mr t Wrote:  Just think this time next year there may be no Darts left with Arriva in Liverpool Smile

Alas, Liverpool may become the Pulsar capital of the North!

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - H101GEV - 05/03/2014 07:21

(05/03/2014 07:05)Valandil Wrote:  Alas, Liverpool may become the Pulsar capital of the North!

I'm afraid Liverpool already is the Pulsar capital of the North and probably of the entire UK in fairness. Bootle and Green Lane depots with clear majority Pulsar allocations and St Helens, Southport, Birkenhead and Runcorn depots all using Pulsars daily on Liverpool routes.

It's been said before, but it's an absolute disgrace that Green Lane depot has no double deckers at all. Were it managed by Stagecoach Manchester for example, at the very least, the 10B, 12/13, 14, 15, 18 and 26/27 would all be served by deckers. You see severe overcrowding on all of these routes on a daily basis, both during and outside peak times. Obviously the problem isn't limited to Green Lane depot, but it's one of the clearest offenders.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - MPTE1955 - 05/03/2014 08:22

Indeed, I'm sure that Liverpool is the pulsar capital of the whole country and it is only likely to get more, the only depot that you can really be sure that you won't get a pulsar is Speke (except for when there is a loan one) and I'm sure that will change at some time.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - MPTE1955 - 05/03/2014 18:43

Had first ride on the new pulsar 3163 today on the 7, nothing unusual other than just being another pulsar. Still has that new smell that you get and hardly any rattles, I'm sure that will change soon though. Also, unusually 2718 was on 15 this afternoon, and pulsar 3054 was replaced by a dart on 14's this morning, didn't see what dart though.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - turbo777 - 06/03/2014 00:38

Apart from Arriva who else operates Pulsars? I know Fishwicks up in Preston have 4-5 but of the top of my head I can't think of anybody else.

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Wright Eclipse - 06/03/2014 00:50

(06/03/2014 00:38)turbo777 Wrote:  Apart from Arriva who else operates Pulsars? I know Fishwicks up in Preston have 4-5 but of the top of my head I can't think of anybody else.

Richard Bro`s in Wales,Clarabels West Midlands & didnt First London have some like hybrid versions on Route RV1?

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - M60lad - 06/03/2014 07:18

If you look at Fishwicks single deck fleet these days it virtually resembles a standard Arriva fleet with Pulsar's and Commanders and the odd Centro in the fleet and any new single deck bus added to the fleet is usually has been a Pulsar recently due to the fact that Fishwicks get most of their vehicles from Arriva Bus & Coach at Gomersal

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - N271CKB - 06/03/2014 17:35

There's 2 X reg darts on the 15 today, and 1 on the 10B

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - Sprinterdriver - 06/03/2014 19:20

Except that it's usually much better presented!

SD.

(06/03/2014 07:18)M60lad Wrote:  If you look at Fishwicks single deck fleet these days it virtually resembles a standard Arriva fleet with Pulsar's and Commanders and the odd Centro in the fleet and any new single deck bus added to the fleet is usually has been a Pulsar recently due to the fact that Fishwicks get most of their vehicles from Arriva Bus & Coach at Gomersal

RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - turbo777 - 07/03/2014 00:04

Yes Wright Ecilpse forgot about those, I think they are gas buses they all passed over to Tower Transit