Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - J654UHN - 21/09/2012 10:18

The guy we spoke to said 10 enviros were being ordered. The hybrids have all kinds of faults so are always off the road

RE: Cumfybus - DEM777Y - 21/09/2012 22:59

(20/09/2012 18:59)First Class Wrote:  Optare Solos IMO are one of the worst buses going, so I would be glad to see them replaced by something bigger and better quality! That said, like Class 142 trains, would the routes they serve have remained viable without them?

I know that it's your opinion, but I really disagree. I've driven a fair few in my time and some (Cumfybus MX04 VLU, SM&SL PX07 HBJ) have been superb to drive. It all depends on whether you're looking at it from a driver's or a passenger's point of view. Also, there is no denying that the Solo was a superbly innovative design when it first appeared in 1997. When you compare it to the Metrorider that it replaced, a truly horrible bus, then it was light years ahead.

You make a very valid point with your comparison with Pacers. However, if the Solo had not been conceived then surely another manufacturer would have stepped in to produce something similar.

RE: Cumfybus - J654UHN - 22/09/2012 16:11

enviro is out on the 193 today with a piece of paper in the window

RE: Cumfybus - CX54 DKD - 22/09/2012 17:55

Did you manage to catch a full or partial reg J654? Be interested to see if it's the ex-Ace one (MX60 BWY I think it was?) as if so, I think it'll be the first time it's been off of the 152.

RE: Cumfybus - J654UHN - 22/09/2012 18:25

Know the full reg mate was on it in the depot on thursday. YX62 EEY fresh from Falkirk as the floor was still covered paper

RE: Cumfybus - CX54 DKD - 22/09/2012 18:30

Cheers for that mate! Don't suppose you know whether that ex-Ace Travel one is owned by Cumfybus as there was some suggestion it may have just been a demo?

RE: Cumfybus - J654UHN - 22/09/2012 19:03

that was the only one in the depot but the operations manager did say they are most prob getting more. Kirkby and City Centre depot are now both closed and all operations moved to Aintree. Southport is closing shortly and will be moving to there as well with the others being used to store withdrawn buses. Obviously the Blackpool Depot has to remain open for the blackpool stuff but they will go to the main depot for work and MOTs so we will see them more often. Aintree is more or less the HQ for Cumfybus now with it having Pits start of the art wash and MOT Facilities

RE: Cumfybus - CX54 DKD - 22/09/2012 19:07

Thank again for that info J654!

RE: Cumfybus - buses7675 - 22/09/2012 19:08

(22/09/2012 18:25)J654UHN Wrote:  Know the full reg mate was on it in the depot on thursday. YX62 EEY fresh from Falkirk as the floor was still covered paper

I'd have thought that would be a Plaxton built one if it has a Yorkshire plate, as far as I know more Enviro200s are built in Scarborough than Falkirk now as it is cheaper to built them there - They even assemble the chassis at Scarborough now from kits prepared by Dennis in Guildford!

I've never found any definitive way of working out Falkirk built bodies against Scarborough built ones (though some Scarborough built ones do handily have Plaxton registration plates, like the Eazibus ones!) though from what I've seen (though unconfirmed) Falkirk built bodies seem to have the body plates attached to the front dash under the windscreen, Plaxton built ones have it on the front side of the front wheelarch! If anyone can confirm or deny my theory I would be grateful!

RE: Cumfybus - J654UHN - 22/09/2012 19:20

Never got an interior shot by K853 did so its down to him for the answer unless someone rides it first