Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cumfybus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cumfybus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

RE: Cumfybus - wimdebusse - 01/08/2018 19:38

Noted on Southport Park and Ride today were YJ13GUH in a red and cream livery lettered for Park & Ride, also on the service today was Yellow liveried YJ61JJL

RE: Cumfybus - Olympian2100 - 01/08/2018 21:53

(01/08/2018 15:16)mr t Wrote:  I said in Liverpool

The 133 does not operate anywhere near Liverpool. Technically it operates between Knowsley and Sefton, without entering the City of Liverpool.

RE: Cumfybus - dca529x - 02/08/2018 07:22

(01/08/2018 19:38)wimdebusse Wrote:  Noted on Southport Park and Ride today were YJ13GUH in a red and cream livery lettered for Park & Ride, also on the service today was Yellow liveried YJ61JJL

GUG is the other red/cream repaint.

RE: Cumfybus - wimdebusse - 03/08/2018 07:31

(02/08/2018 07:22)dca529x Wrote:  GUG is the other red/cream repaint.

Thanks for that, though it hasn't arrived at Southport yet, my pal saw it on Wednesday at Old Roan, but didn't get the reg.

RE: Cumfybus - dca529x - 03/08/2018 15:57

(03/08/2018 07:31)wimdebusse Wrote:  Thanks for that, though it hasn't arrived at Southport yet, my pal saw it on Wednesday at Old Roan, but didn't get the reg.

Both red/cream ones were out on the first day. Although reports suggests one of them failed at some point and was replaced by yellow JJL around midday.

RE: Cumfybus - wimdebusse - 03/08/2018 19:17

(03/08/2018 15:57)dca529x Wrote:  Both red/cream ones were out on the first day. Although reports suggests one of them failed at some point and was replaced by yellow JJL around midday.

JUL was out before 7.45 so started service, maybe GUG failed before entering service.
Regsrfd Keverne

RE: Cumfybus - mikey - 15/08/2018 14:23

Service 139, Liverpool - Prescot is to be withdrawn in early September. After hearing rumours I contacted them and they replied.

'We are very sorry that we have had to withdraw the 139 service. It has been losing money for a long time and we have tried absolutely everything to try to make it work, we have altered the timetable, re-routed the service and put newer buses on but unfortunately we have not been able to make it pay for itself.

To maintain the service would require a significant increase to the level of subsidy that Merseytravel provide to support the service and unfortunately due to budgetary constraints Merseytravel are unable to increase that support and so we have no alternative but to withdraw the service

We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.'

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 15/08/2018 16:56

(15/08/2018 14:23)mikey Wrote:  Service 139, Liverpool - Prescot is to be withdrawn in early September. After hearing rumours I contacted them and they replied.

'We are very sorry that we have had to withdraw the 139 service. It has been losing money for a long time and we have tried absolutely everything to try to make it work, we have altered the timetable, re-routed the service and put newer buses on but unfortunately we have not been able to make it pay for itself.

To maintain the service would require a significant increase to the level of subsidy that Merseytravel provide to support the service and unfortunately due to budgetary constraints Merseytravel are unable to increase that support and so we have no alternative but to withdraw the service

We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.'

Whenever i see the 139 it still seems to do well so i fail to understand why its all of a sudden losing money, I am also interested in what they will use the Hybrids on as a lot of their remaining work goes into tight areas which would not be suitable

RE: Cumfybus - MPTE1955 - 15/08/2018 17:03

Unfortunately a full bus does not mean profit if a lot of the people using it are pensioners. Its tough for smaller firms to make money on commercial services, problem with 139 is a lot of the route competes with the big two except for the odd part.

RE: Cumfybus - T42 PVM - 15/08/2018 17:13

(15/08/2018 17:03)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Unfortunately a full bus does not mean profit if a lot of the people using it are pensioners. Its tough for smaller firms to make money on commercial services, problem with 139 is a lot of the route competes with the big two except for the odd part.

It does get a mix of Paying Passengers and OAP Passes, I think all the 139 route is covered except Wavertree Tech Park which will need something to be routed that way