Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Ultralow - 15/07/2012 11:48

2419 was on the 82A yesterday as i left airport on the 501Angry!

runcorn - alfie162 - 15/07/2012 20:14

i,ve just been looking at some photos of the M.A.N. eco buses that arriva have ordered for runcorn depot has anyone thought with the gas tanks on the roof they might not go under some of the foot bridges on the busway ???? (just a thought )

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - wirralbus - 15/07/2012 22:30

I am sure that even with gas tanks on the roof the roofline wont be that tall to impede the buses on the bus way .

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - motormayhem - 16/07/2012 06:47

i think they would of looked into that before the order was placed

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - K853 MTJ - 16/07/2012 11:35

They did look into that, apparently they fitted fine underneath, although I'd imagine thats only in theory, as far as I'm aware, one was never tested on the bus way, never mind demonstrated to passengers there.

(15/07/2012 11:48)Ultralow Wrote:  2419 was on the 82A yesterday as i left airport on the 501Angry!

Get off, it managed 2 days in service?! Makes a change!

On another note, I've passed Arriva Runcorn depot twice in 2 days while on my way back from an event in Manchester, only got a quick glimpse, but both times I've seen about 2 or 3 new Pulsars parked up at the fence with what I'd assume to be 8223. Would I be far wrong in thinking the rest of the may be getting branded inside the building and getting prepped for service?

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - CX54 DKD - 16/07/2012 12:10

(16/07/2012 11:35)K853 MTJ Wrote:  On another note, I've passed Arriva Runcorn depot twice in 2 days while on my way back from an event in Manchester, only got a quick glimpse, but both times I've seen about 2 or 3 new Pulsars parked up at the fence with what I'd assume to be 8223. Would I be far wrong in thinking the rest of the may be getting branded inside the building and getting prepped for service?
Along with the fitting of CCTV, PDIs if they've not already been done etc. Yeah, I'd say you're thinking will be correct!

Have to say, I'm looking forward to seeing these entering service being high spec. Let's just hope that the users of the Runcorn network take care of them!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - K853 MTJ - 16/07/2012 12:33

Can't be too long now I reckon, although no reports of 3137 yet?
LOL! Didn't have down as a comedian CX54 xD I don't doubt that half of the seats will be in Tyne Bridge moquette in a few months!

EDIT: Saying that, the same people who I often heard complain about the withdrawal of X1 lates and Sundays, I'm sure they will appreciate the upgrade!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 17/07/2012 00:10

(16/07/2012 12:33)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Can't be too long now I reckon, although no reports of 3137 yet?
LOL! Didn't have down as a comedian CX54 xD I don't doubt that half of the seats will be in Tyne Bridge moquette in a few months!

EDIT: Saying that, the same people who I often heard complain about the withdrawal of X1 lates and Sundays, I'm sure they will appreciate the upgrade!

And this mysterious X1a being another feature some time in the future too!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - M113 YKC - 17/07/2012 00:20

(17/07/2012 00:10)Valandil Wrote:  
(16/07/2012 12:33)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Can't be too long now I reckon, although no reports of 3137 yet?

And this mysterious X1a being another feature some time in the future too!
I asked a reliable source at Runcorn about that X1A - he asked the management team within the depot about it and they didn't have any knowledge of it! Wherever that rumour has come from, it's clearly not true and so it should be put to bed (if there's no significant source of information available for it, that is).

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Matrix - 17/07/2012 06:32

Hope this link works....it's a PDF file featuring Halton council plans for local bus services...inculding X1A route.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.halton.gov.uk%2Flgnl%2Fpolicyandresources%2Fpolicypla​nningtransportation%2F192324%2FHalton_Better_Bus_Fund_2012_Application.pdf&ei=IgUFUIi3GqKt0QWmpOD8Bw&usg=AFQjCNFiUzq5uGoqJOAfHl51I5BAe1b__Q