Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Phil - 30/06/2013 08:20

(30/06/2013 06:47)M60lad Wrote:  7670 didn't last the full day unfortunately as it broke down in the afternoon at Widnes Green Oaks and had to be towed back to depot and also heard from a friend of mine a couple of other Cadets had broken down as well and he reckoned there was a queue for the tow truck to come and tow them back to Depot

Infact Runcorn for some reason seem to be going through a bad spell of breakdowns as a Cadet broke down while on stand in Warrington Bus Station on Friday afternoon which required towing back to depot

Those cadets are a load of cack with the exception of a select few.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - T42 PVM - 30/06/2013 08:27

7670 when at green lane was a good bus, not to sure now, 2261 again at st helens was a good bus, i remember when their got their hands on 2298 from st helens, that came back with a black thing hanging of the roof and a rattly pole

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - RSTurbo50 - 30/06/2013 08:43

Having driven a number of these Runcorn Cadets, I can confirm that they are not the best. In comparison to Network Warringtons Cadets which are absolutely excellent, Runcorns feel old and neglcted in comparison..

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Arriva3137 - 30/06/2013 09:01

I know a cadet broke down on the 82A but unsure which one

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - T42 PVM - 01/07/2013 08:55

just been reading down arrivas facebook page and theres a number of complaints against the 79C and 110 services saying they never turned up then arriva getting on saying they had broken down, is it a regular thing at runcorn now?

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 01/07/2013 11:29

(01/07/2013 08:55)bolton bus basher Wrote:  just been reading down arrivas facebook page and theres a number of complaints against the 79C and 110 services saying they never turned up then arriva getting on saying they had broken down, is it a regular thing at runcorn now?

As someone who lives near the 110 route, I can say that it frequently does not turn up on time.
Many journeys seem to run so late that it's impossible to tell whether it is in fact very late running, or whether in fact a journey has been missed (due to breakdown et c.).

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - wirralbus - 01/07/2013 11:49

Management should be getting to the bottom of the breakdowns as when vehicles dont turn up the confidence of the general public is broken and eventually they will find an alternative to get to there destination .

There does seem to be a lot of breakdowns on the routes here .

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 01/07/2013 16:25

(01/07/2013 11:49)wirralbus Wrote:  Management should be getting to the bottom of the breakdowns as when vehicles dont turn up the confidence of the general public is broken and eventually they will find an alternative to get to there destination

Perhaps the flurry of new vehicles at Runcorn could be in part due to a wish to improve public perceptions.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - wirralbus - 01/07/2013 18:24

Its more the break downs on the services to destinations off the Bus way that is so disconcerting to passengers , the passengers on the busway know that buses come quite regular .

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - RSTurbo50 - 01/07/2013 21:15

As someone whom has driven the 110, although only on two occassions, I have to say that it is extremely tight indeed and is a very busy service. This with the extremely heavy Warrington traffic can make reaching timing points near on impossible....

As a driver (well maybe I am speaking for myself here) I am always aware of whether or not I am running to time and for me, I hate being late and it puts additional pressure on you.

Maybe Runcorn need to look at more 'realistic' timing points to improve reliability....

As for the 79C, this is even worse....get stuck in the lights around Queen Square and your constantly fighting to make progress on your journey..