Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MPTE1955 - 02/03/2013 20:21

(02/03/2013 18:28)Arriva3137 Wrote:  
(02/03/2013 18:07)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Nice new buses and a brick thrown already, utter disgrace.

A car hit one on the 82A!

I seen that as well, but didnt feel the need to comment on it

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - DVL418 - 02/03/2013 21:20

Had a chance to check out the gas buses earlier in the week at Beechwood depot.

Line-up HERE.

Also got some interior shots that I''l post on Flickr when I get time.

Was busy stuck in a meeting in Runcorn all Friday afternoon so only managed one decent shot of 5006 from the multi-storey car park as I went back to my car at teatime.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - J654UHN - 02/03/2013 22:51

No Doubt Ray will Confirm this but I was told they were for Busway and Chesters only and Not to be used on other routes.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - CX54 DKD - 02/03/2013 23:06

That's what's been said for ages J654. Like was said previously though, likely out for a few runs on the 79C/82A purely for publicity purposes! Those Eco-Citys will certainly attract attention for, if nothing else, that mighty big roof pod!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - SNL 824 - 02/03/2013 23:45

The roof pods are ugly. Could they not do something stylish like on Leyland Nationals. I know the National pod wasn't about fuel but they looked good.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - J654UHN - 02/03/2013 23:51

Publicity was yesterday. Due to them not having a a filling point yet the buses are being fuelled every 2 days from a temp pump in the depot. Thats why they should only be on Busways for the weekend. General Manager at Runcorn even said they are not to go on any other routes

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - CX54 DKD - 03/03/2013 00:02

Publicity is hardly a single day process though. They'd have attracted a significant amount of attention doing just a couple of trips on busy routes such as the 79C and 82A.

If the GM had specified so strictly for them to not to have been out on other routes though, I doubt they'd have been out there. Even if they'd been put out by an uninformed allocator/supervisor, all that suggests is that the GM isn't immensely bothered else they'd have ensured the message was fully passed down to those members of staff. Hadn't the GM also said that the X1 Pulsars shouldn't be out on the 79C? They've been reported on there on a number of occasions recently. Operational needs always need to come first anyway and if there's a number of Cadets which had been confined to the local routes as opposed to the longer Liverpool routes which still haven't seen attention, it may have been a case of them not having a choice but to place an Eco-City out on there instead. Especially if they've had 2 Cadets and the ex-Wythenshawe Pulsars off the road today in preparation for transfer this evening/tomorrow.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - K853 MTJ - 03/03/2013 00:06

Publicity aside, it looks bad if they run an old Cadet on a route that was supposed to receive brand new buses to enter service on the day before, while the new buses are going out on routes they arent supposed to. Clearly after today, theyve paid the price in the form of a new bus with a nice car shaped dent in the back of it!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - CX54 DKD - 03/03/2013 00:14

(03/03/2013 00:06)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Publicity aside, it looks bad if they run an old Cadet on a route that was supposed to receive brand new buses to enter service on the day before, while the new buses are going out on routes they arent supposed to. Clearly after today, theyve paid the price in the form of a new bus with a nice car shaped dent in the back of it!
Have they actually been publicising that they'll be for the Busway routes? I can't find anything on their Facebook page but as a user of the Runcorn fleet, you'll know better than me if they've had notices on the buses etc. If not, I don't see an issue but otherwise, I'd agree with you, it looks shoddy.

Interesting to note on the Facebook page that they're already receiving complaints about the narrow doorways (and buggy areas?) from parents with double prams. Not a great start to their operation with, as you say, one enduring a rear shunt, another facing a brick attack and the public complaining about their design!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Wright Eclipse - 03/03/2013 00:18

(03/03/2013 00:14)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(03/03/2013 00:06)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Publicity aside, it looks bad if they run an old Cadet on a route that was supposed to receive brand new buses to enter service on the day before, while the new buses are going out on routes they arent supposed to. Clearly after today, theyve paid the price in the form of a new bus with a nice car shaped dent in the back of it!
Have they actually been publicising that they'll be for the Busway routes? I can't find anything on their Facebook page but as a user of the Runcorn fleet, you'll know better than me if they've had notices on the buses etc. If not, I don't see an issue but otherwise, I'd agree with you, it looks shoddy.

Interesting to note on the Facebook page that they're already receiving complaints about the narrow doorways (and buggy areas?) from parents with double prams. Not a great start to their operation with, as you say, one enduring a rear shunt, another facing a brick attack and the public complaining about their design!

but at least on plus side the green peace,tree hugging people that go on & on & on about greener buses will be over moon at these buses LOL