Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - North West Bus Spotter - 15/07/2023 08:07

(15/07/2023 05:13)M60lad Wrote:  Seems to be a common occurrence that one or more X30s run late and when they do its very hard for the driver to pull the time back and the bus will be late or even get ever later throughout the day.

As for the lad I'm guessing that the drivers know of him and that he tries it on regularly which is why they won't let him on.
Seems like a usual day to be fair but this isn't the only issue on buses with people trying to get on for free

So, there's some lady in Runcorn that usually goes from the Hospital to Halton Lodge and she usually claims she has no money and asks the drivers to let her on, of course, the drivers refuse her because she can't pay but yeah, similar situation to what your talking about M60

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Jack - 15/07/2023 20:40

I've noticed school children doing this too with their smart phone tickets not working and the driver then letting them on anyway, suppose it's harder turning away a kid on their way to school. Whether the phone ticket really wasn't working i'm not sure but it happens most days.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - iMarkeh - 16/07/2023 03:46

(15/07/2023 05:13)M60lad Wrote:  Seems to be a common occurrence that one or more X30s run late and when they do its very hard for the driver to pull the time back and the bus will be late or even get ever later throughout the day.
Depends on traffic though and the specific driver, if they are more confident at taking the risks. Generally though, the X30 is timed rather well in my opinion. For normal circumstances, you can keep going without stopping too long anywhere if it's quiet but not too delayed if you have more passengers. You can catch up about 10 minutes on the full end to end route if you have a good run. The route certainly isn't built for recovering larger delays though.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MTL0201 - 17/07/2023 07:58

Another thing, driver changes on the X30 are taking place at the mini bus station at St Chads School, which is bonkers as the X30 passes outside the Arriva depot, in fact X30 driver changes used to take place inside the depot, same with the 82A too.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - iMarkeh - 17/07/2023 09:57

(17/07/2023 07:58)MTL0201 Wrote:  Another thing, driver changes on the X30 are taking place at the mini bus station at St Chads School, which is bonkers as the X30 passes outside the Arriva depot, in fact X30 driver changes used to take place inside the depot, same with the 82A too.
Sure someone said it was due to a health and safety thing being done and it being deemed not safe to have the buses going into the depot. Not sure what happened for the rules to change but it made so much more sense and saved them on shunt cars which will be costing them more money (and knowing Arriva, they will put that cost against the viability of the X30 and use it as an excuse to cut the X30 back as it's not generating additional revenue to cover the additional costs).

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - B10B6514 - 18/08/2023 07:42

Just read on a Facebook group that the first MAN gas bus been withdrawn, 5007, because of an electrical for. Its engine is being donated to another, 5013 iirc.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MPTE1955 - 18/08/2023 12:39

Lasted well then. A whole 10 years

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - North West Bus Spotter - 18/08/2023 17:45

(18/08/2023 12:39)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Lasted well then. A whole 10 years
10 years too long

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 18/08/2023 18:30

(18/08/2023 12:39)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Lasted well then. A whole 10 years

I’d imagine the BYD’s at Green Lane will also have a rather short lifespan.

There’s already one example that has quite bad structural integrity, the entire rear end shakes violently separately to the main bodyshell (similar to former DAF ALX300 V410ENC) let alone the battery life.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - CUL 73V - 18/08/2023 18:59

Without being too critical, I can politely say the BYDs aren't very good or popular with staff. I'm looking forward to never having to drive one again.