Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - BenWilks88 - 26/02/2021 21:37

(14/02/2021 11:20)Busway_Bob Wrote:  The only Cadet working off Runcorn Depot is, 2539

Make that 2 because 2546 was tracking on the 1 (if it was even it), unsure tho

After seeing multiple replacements on the 1 today i think 2546 has been out.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - iMarkeh - 26/02/2021 23:10

(26/02/2021 19:09)trixmax2000 Wrote:  The Runcorn Silver Jubilee Bridge was opened today Friday at 3pm but buses will not be reverting to it yet for a few weeks owing the routes registration changes so will continue using the Gateway Bridge.
Looks like it's all down to Halton Council not been able to confirm any opening dates and the bus companies have to give several weeks notice to the traffic commissioner the change the routes
So long as no bus stops are being missed out, I can't see an issue really from the TC.

It's also worth noting that registrations dont need notice anymore do they, they can be changed with almost no notice at the minute. If the notice period was reintroduced, Halton Council could give a short notice registration attachment thing to the bus operators so then the change can go through quicker.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Liamkennedy2231 - 27/02/2021 02:45

(26/02/2021 19:09)trixmax2000 Wrote:  The Runcorn Silver Jubilee Bridge was opened today Friday at 3pm but buses will not be reverting to it yet for a few weeks owing the routes registration changes so will continue using the Gateway Bridge.
Looks like it's all down to Halton Council not been able to confirm any opening dates and the bus companies have to give several weeks notice to the traffic commissioner the change the routes

The lack of communication is appalling

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Busway_Bob - 27/02/2021 13:27

(26/02/2021 21:37)BenWilks88 Wrote:  Make that 2 because 2546 was tracking on the 1 (if it was even it), unsure tho

After seeing multiple replacements on the 1 today i think 2546 has been out.

I'm waiting until there next in service for a pic's

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - BenWilks88 - 27/02/2021 17:58

(27/02/2021 13:27)Busway_Bob Wrote:  I'm waiting until there next in service for a pic's

Let's hope so as it is one of my favorites.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - trixmax2000 - 28/02/2021 20:20

(27/02/2021 02:45)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  The lack of communication is appalling

Talking to a driver this afternoon he was saying it will be 4 weeks before they start using the SJB as all the running boards have to be redone plus the timings have to been adjusted owing to the added running times that were added with the Mersey Gateway been longer.
Wonder what will happen with the 61 as Halton Transport sent it via Halton Rd in Runcorn then the Gateway as all routes have to reverts to the SJB otherwise they will be changes on the Gateway

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - iMarkeh - 28/02/2021 22:04

(28/02/2021 20:20)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Talking to a driver this afternoon he was saying it will be 4 weeks before they start using the SJB as all the running boards have to be redone plus the timings have to been adjusted owing to the added running times that were added with the Mersey Gateway been longer.
Wonder what will happen with the 61 as Halton Transport sent it via Halton Rd in Runcorn then the Gateway as all routes have to reverts to the SJB otherwise they will be changes on the Gateway
If Arriva are changing timetables, it makes sense why they are holding back before changing routes. That said, heading southbound (so into Runcorn), there should be no issues with any route really since you would just sit the time at the Old Town. Heading northbound it could cause issues on the 82A & 110 due to no timing point at the town hall/Vicarage Road but they could just ask drivers to wait there. Other routes northbound you just say 'wait time'. The only affected stops would be those on Victoria Road which could have buses pass at wildly different times to those on the bus stop/journey planners

Suppose they must be happy to keep wasting fuel on the current routing somewhat needlessly.

Point being I think that they could change things quicker, it's just they want to do one big change rather than the route change (which has no impact for anyone, operations nor passengers) and then to do the timetable changes.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - LT10 - 04/03/2021 05:23

Can confirm that 2546 has been back in service here last week, however it and 2539 are only used when there are vehicle shortages, hence both have been parked up for the last week or so.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - BD51 YCT - 04/03/2021 07:24

2541 should also be service too, was on the 3C on Monday

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Busway_Bob - 06/03/2021 01:00

(04/03/2021 07:24)ScottDeclan224 Wrote:  2541 should also be service too, was on the 3C on Monday

2541 have been V.O.R now