Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 01/09/2018 17:33

Maybe they should have kept those bendy buses on the 500 after all (joke)!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MPTE1955 - 01/09/2018 18:02

Not sure how busy the 82A gets with people going Widnes to Liverpool, but Arriva are playing into Stagecoaches hands with this change. The X5 could do very well from this, but obviously isn't going the airport. We will see soon.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MTL0201 - 01/09/2018 18:18

(01/09/2018 18:02)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Not sure how busy the 82A gets with people going Widnes to Liverpool, but Arriva are playing into Stagecoaches hands with this change. The X5 could do very well from this, but obviously isn't going the airport. We will see soon.

The 82A can be quite full in the Halton area, although most passengers are using it for local journeys to Green Oaks, although Halton have the 62 competing with the 82A in the Widnes area but only as far as Halebank.

Side note is it me, or is the Arriva website dreadful, it can takes an age to load up, or you get the error 504 instead, & sometimes the site won't let you download the timetable, i'm trying to get onto the North West page & i'm getting the error 504, & i have a modern laptop which i brought last year.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - mr t - 01/09/2018 21:45

The 82A quite often loads really well at L One even during the day, as does the 500. Putting 2 into 1 simply wont work,
The 82A is also the only bus now for Brunswick Business Park with the withdrawal of the C4/C5 so around those hours there are loads in the bus stops down Riverside Drive and also seems to get a quite well loaded outside the Brittania Pub, not to mention it is the only bus down the waterfront with lots of housing estates.

I cannot wait for this week so I can go L one an look at the mess, and down the waterfront.
I dont get what Arriva are getting out of it, even the drivers have said it wont work!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MTL0201 - 01/09/2018 23:06

(01/09/2018 21:45)mr t Wrote:  The 82A quite often loads really well at L One even during the day, as does the 500. Putting 2 into 1 simply wont work,
The 82A is also the only bus now for Brunswick Business Park with the withdrawal of the C4/C5 so around those hours there are loads in the bus stops down Riverside Drive and also seems to get a quite well loaded outside the Brittania Pub, not to mention it is the only bus down the waterfront with lots of housing estates.

I cannot wait for this week so I can go L one an look at the mess, and down the waterfront.
I dont get what Arriva are getting out of it, even the drivers have said it wont work!

It wouldn't be so bad if the 500 was still operated by deckers, or the 500 is 15 minutes frequency throughout the route, it's the that the 500 will be operated by single deckers, with seats taken out, & replaced by luggage racks, Arriva are using the it's going to be gas buses spin.

Main reason for the single deck allocation, is the low bridges mostly pedestrian bridges on the Runcorn Busway, most of those bridges could easily be demolished & replaced by a crossing over the Busway, people tend to ignore the Bridges anyway.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - mr t - 02/09/2018 01:41

(01/09/2018 23:06)MTL0201 Wrote:  It wouldn't be so bad if the 500 was still operated by deckers, or the 500 is 15 minutes frequency throughout the route, it's the that the 500 will be operated by single deckers, with seats taken out, & replaced by luggage racks, Arriva are using the it's going to be gas buses spin.

Main reason for the single deck allocation, is the low bridges mostly pedestrian bridges on the Runcorn Busway, most of those bridges could easily be demolished & replaced by a crossing over the Busway, people tend to ignore the Bridges anyway.

Exactly right. The 500 is literally full every Friday afternoon and Monday with people coming to Liverpool for the weekend. At least in its current state extras can be run from the Airport or L one if demand is that high, but will Runcorn even have an inspector at the airport and L One to monitor the route, never mind have a spare bus ready- highly unlikely... I cannot wait for all the complaints to come in from this week, but I really feel for the drivers as they are the ones going to get it in the neck from passengers.
If it was going to be the single decker ran it needs to be every 15 mins for the whole length in my head

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - St Helens Rider - 02/09/2018 06:41

It would have been a better idea to split the service Liverpool - Widnes with a separate service to cover Widnes - Runcorn sections with the main Liverpool - Widnes run with deckers from Speke. This new set up is Arriva's way of reducing costs but maximising profits. It won't work and the only winners will local taxi companies and the company who run the car park in the vacinity.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - wirralbus - 02/09/2018 07:21

How long does the forum give before there is some form of change to the 500 service based on the service running L1 - Runcorn .

St Helens Rider i think your Liverpool - Widnes service with bigger vehicles maybe a better idea , but now its not going to be run from Speke , something tells me those drivers from the old 500 will reallocated somewhere else at Speke .

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Barney - 02/09/2018 07:45

(02/09/2018 07:21)wirralbus Wrote:  How long does the forum give before there is some form of change to the 500 service based on the service running L1 - Runcorn .

St Helens Rider i think your Liverpool - Widnes service with bigger vehicles maybe a better idea , but now its not going to be run from Speke , something tells me those drivers from the old 500 will reallocated somewhere else at Speke .

AFAIK, we are all amateur enthusiasts on this site and would acknowledge that we have little or no experience of how to run a bus company of any size. However, Arriva is a massive, multi-national transport organisation and employs a highly skilled and trained management workforce. Bearing this in mind, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when these changes were being discussed and planned and assume that they were signed off at the highest level.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Barney - 02/09/2018 08:41

(02/09/2018 07:45)Barney Wrote:  AFAIK, we are all amateur enthusiasts on this site and would acknowledge that we have little or no experience of how to run a bus company of any size. However, Arriva is a massive, multi-national transport organisation and employs a highly skilled and trained management workforce. Bearing this in mind, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when these changes were being discussed and planned and assume that they were signed off at the highest level.

The 8.05 from Murdishaw travelling through Aigburth towards Liverpool is running 12 minutes late, according to Arriva's own site. And this is Sunday morning before the shops open. Late running will be easy to spot but overcrowding and leaving passengers at the stop won't be logged anywhere unless there are boots on the ground