Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 31/10/2016 05:03

Saw a Cadet running around with 'Go On Get On' on its dests the other day ... the irony being that the only person on board was the driver!

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - RedPanda - 31/10/2016 16:17

(31/10/2016 05:03)Valandil Wrote:  Saw a Cadet running around with 'Go On Get On' on its dests the other day ... the irony being that the only person on board was the driver!

We need a like button LOL

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 31/10/2016 19:27

There was a Sapphire vehicle on the Chesters today again, and I spotted a Cadet on the busway circulars again too ... I'm with St Helens Rider on the Sapphire point, as the whole idea is that the route gets a full upgrade, with the spare bus covering vehicles that are taken off for whatever reason ... the case in which the spare could be used on other services is if there really are no alternative vehicles available to cover the other routes, but then this has been happening for such a long time, and surely there isn't such a huge problem as this with a shortage of vehicles at Runcorn.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MX12 KVM - 31/10/2016 19:39

The 1/2 has been worked by cadets for the past week.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - motormayhem1 - 31/10/2016 19:45

Runcorn seem to be short of veichles quite a lot as there hardly tends to be a spare veichle.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Lynx - 31/10/2016 20:34

(31/10/2016 19:45)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Runcorn seem to be short of veichles quite a lot as there hardly tends to be a spare veichle.

Runcorn would definitely benefit from an extra 2 or 3 vehicles. More often than not when drivers request to swap out a vehicle for whatever reason they quite frequently aren't able to due to there being nothing spare, it's the same with breakdowns.

Whilst I agree with Valandil and SHR about trying to keep Sapphire buses on Sapphire routes, like I said in my last post, the fact is it isn't really practically possible unless 3137 is actually sat idle in the depot. Like I say I agree, but in reality its not possible.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - LT10 - 31/10/2016 22:06

The spare Sapphire only really comes into play when an X1 branded one is off the road from first thing and 3137 can be allocated straight onto a duty. I think if an X1 bus needs to be swapped during the day, an effort is made to use 3137, even if it means swapping a few buses to make this happen, but i imagine it isnt always possible.
Spare vehicles are so scarce across the NW at the moment, it wouldnt be possible, even if it was as simple as giving Runcorn an extra 2 or 3 buses.
Cadets have been on the bus way over the halloween and mischief night period as was the case last year too due to problems with vandalism (it costs much less to replace a Cadet window rather than a gas bus one).

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - MX12 KVM - 01/11/2016 08:21

They should never have taken the 09 Plate Pulsars 2s from Runcorn and it should have been cadets released to depots that have routes more suitable for them. The Eco-cities are not the most reliable of buses either hence why cadets and 3137 are always substituting for them.

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - Valandil - 01/11/2016 17:54

(31/10/2016 22:06)LT10 Wrote:  Cadets have been on the bus way over the halloween and mischief night period as was the case last year too due to problems with vandalism (it costs much less to replace a Cadet window rather than a gas bus one).

I noticed and was thinking yesterday about how the windows on the gas buses all (or mostly) seem to be different sizes to each other.
One of them in particular is absolutely huge (half way down the vehicle, on the left side if you're sitting down inside).

RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot - chris-s - 02/11/2016 19:42

Was wondering when the 4 pulsars got converted to Sapphire spec, why does the rear full length destination blinds only show X1 and not the full destination like the front do. Other busses that been converted do.