Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North East - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Bus Scene: Elsewhere (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: Arriva North East - Tango - 02/01/2013 14:11

Hi all, I know I've asked this question before but don't think I got any answer last time, my question is regarding 3007 arrivas last remaining prisma that was recently withdrawn, has any attempt been launched to save this vehicle from the cutting torch and be moved to preservation by any individual/ organisation/ group, I notice this vehicle is still languishing in the yard at Redcar depot and personally believe it would be a crying shame for it to be scrapped, what would the cost of such a vehicle be and also would it be viable to preserve it ie. is the vehicle mechanically sound and are spare parts available from its scrapped sisters at Barnsley

RE: Arriva North East - NK07 FZG - 02/01/2013 15:32

I'm not aware of any preservation group saving it, yes it's a shame but I think it may be unlikely as many simply dont have time and money to preserve a vehicle unless a larger group preserve it...

RE: Arriva North East - kuyoyo - 02/01/2013 19:48

Sadly, it's unlikely 3007 will be preserved. There is simply not enough time for anyone to raise the money to buy it (plus, unlike the other Teesside Preservation Target, Stagecoach's 21037, no price is known), plus there's the reason for its untimely demise - the brake problem, which is either too serious for Arriva to repair or they've simply chose not to due to its age.

RE: Arriva North East - Tango - 03/01/2013 00:45

Thanks for the reply fellas I totally agree it will be a shame to see this beauty leave the road forever, we will have to hope my numbers come up on the lottery on saturday :-)

RE: Arriva North East - tyresmoke - 03/01/2013 01:10

I imagine, it being a reserve vehicle, Arriva were unwilling to spend money on it

RE: Arriva North East - Metroline1511 - 05/01/2013 06:15

With these EcoCities coming to Darlington, I reckon on coming by train to Darlington then riding an EcoCity, then route X66 to Middlesbrough, followed by a leather-seated OmniCity and a Temsa Avenue. I'm beginning to realise that it may be hard to do all this on the same day, even if I catch the 8.26 from Manchester to Darlington!

RE: Arriva North East - NK07 FZG - 05/01/2013 12:45

Getting an EcoCity, then X66 and then an Avenue doesn't sound to hard but finding a leather-seated Omni is just luck if I'm honest.

Although, I managed to have a ride on the Weardale Railway to Stanhope, then travel all the way to Saltburn through Bishop Auckland, Darlington and Middlesbrough all in one day so it might not be as hard as you think.

RE: Arriva North East - kuyoyo - 05/01/2013 18:48

MPD 1711 made an appearance on the X1 yesterday evening.

Also today, on what is the last day of such, Hospital Link Solo 2836 operated a round trip on the X1 between Faverdale-Darlington-Crook-Faverdale while the Tindale Creasent Outstation fleet was refuelled at Darlington Depot - due to Garnetts Christmas Break this has been a regular happening since the 21st December.

RE: Arriva North East - Metroline1511 - 05/01/2013 21:09

(05/01/2013 12:45)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Getting an EcoCity, then X66 and then an Avenue doesn't sound to hard but finding a leather-seated Omni is just luck if I'm honest.

Although, I managed to have a ride on the Weardale Railway to Stanhope, then travel all the way to Saltburn through Bishop Auckland, Darlington and Middlesbrough all in one day so it might not be as hard as you think.

Thank you for preparing me NK07. On the Sunday I would travel to Richmond via Darlington, to connect with the DalesBus route 830/31/32 to Lancaster at around 3pm (which I shall check nearer the time). So I might have time to ride the EcoCity on the Sunday, freeing up a bit more time to track down a leather OmniCity. I understand their usual haunts are routes 5/5a.

RE: Arriva North East - tyresmoke - 05/01/2013 21:16

I understand there's likely to be a few changes with service 5 this weekend so might be a case of wait and see.