Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North East - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Bus Scene: Elsewhere (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East (/showthread.php?tid=37)

RE: Arriva North East - sndriver - 22/07/2012 18:04

The swap should have taken place, as the 93 should have 4 of it's 7 boards double decked tomorrow for the start of the school holidays. They will remain until last day of double deck operation currently planned as 1st September.

Also of note, keep your eyes on VOSA website as apparently the X1/X2 are to split from 16th Sept... unconfirmed as of yet, but reliable source!!! including around 50+ registrations for a massive Northumbria network review. Seems Arriva have been busy...

RE: Arriva North East - kuyoyo - 22/07/2012 18:16

(22/07/2012 18:04)sndriver Wrote:  The swap should have taken place, as the 93 should have 4 of it's 7 boards double decked tomorrow for the start of the school holidays. They will remain until last day of double deck operation currently planned as 1st September.

Also of note, keep your eyes on VOSA website as apparently the X1/X2 are to split from 16th Sept... unconfirmed as of yet, but reliable source!!! including around 50+ registrations for a massive Northumbria network review. Seems Arriva have been busy...

That's the thing to watch then. I assume the deckers won't have a fixed board operate ie both of Redcar's boards and the 2 Whitby boards that finish the day as Redcar boards.

As for this rumour X1/X2 split, I can't realisically see how that would work.

RE: Arriva North East - sndriver - 22/07/2012 18:19

(22/07/2012 18:16)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 18:04)sndriver Wrote:  The swap should have taken place, as the 93 should have 4 of it's 7 boards double decked tomorrow for the start of the school holidays. They will remain until last day of double deck operation currently planned as 1st September.

That's the thing to watch then. I assume the deckers won't have a fixed board operate ie both of Redcar's boards and the 2 Whitby boards that finish the day as Redcar boards.

The X1 and X2 are planned to get brand new timetables from that date - so they could standalone (presumably 5 boards on the X1 and 4 on the X2). The rumour also suggests an hourly evening service all year round, rather than the current half hourly term time.

RE: Arriva North East - kuyoyo - 22/07/2012 18:24

(22/07/2012 18:19)sndriver Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 18:16)kuyoyo Wrote:  

The X1 and X2 are planned to get brand new timetables from that date - so they could standalone (presumably 5 boards on the X1 and 4 on the X2). The rumour also suggests an hourly evening service all year round, rather than the current half hourly term time.

An improved all-year round evening (and presumably Sunday as well) service I think is a good idea. I'd assume here that a split would involve the depot operation also being split, with Durham only operating the X2 and Stockton only operating the X1.

RE: Arriva North East - sndriver - 22/07/2012 18:49

(22/07/2012 18:24)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 18:19)sndriver Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 18:16)kuyoyo Wrote:  That's the thing to watch then. I assume the deckers won't have a fixed board operate ie both of Redcar's boards and the 2 Whitby boards that finish the day as Redcar boards.

An improved all-year round evening (and presumably Sunday as well) service I think is a good idea. I'd assume here that a split would involve the depot operation also being split, with Durham only operating the X2 and Stockton only operating the X1.

Not sure of the detail. Just a case of waiting to see, but today is the 8 weeks cut off for 16th Sept for registration, so if it is happening, it should appear on the vosa site over the next week.

RE: Arriva North East - tyresmoke - 22/07/2012 18:59

Changes to the X1/X2 sound interesting. No doubt the date is linked to Durham Uni?
Typical that they can't leave the Northumbria network alone so soon after changing them!

RE: Arriva North East - sndriver - 22/07/2012 19:46

(22/07/2012 18:59)tyresmoke Wrote:  Changes to the X1/X2 sound interesting. No doubt the date is linked to Durham Uni?
Typical that they can't leave the Northumbria network alone so soon after changing them!

Not quite sure, considering the university doesn't go back until October?

RE: Arriva North East - kuyoyo - 22/07/2012 20:22

The Enviro400s that have arrived at Redcar/Whitby for the summer X93 are 7501/3/4 (NK57 DXX/Z/YA).

RE: Arriva North East - Metroline1511 - 22/07/2012 20:54

I was directed to some north east buses on Flickr, and there seems to be quite a contrast on Arriva routes north of Newcastle. I saw pix of an Enviro400, a Pulsar 2 and believe there are some Gemini integrals in the area, but then saw a P reg Olympian-NC II on route X21! I had already decided to ride this route this coming Wednesday or Thursday.

RE: Arriva North East - W179 SCU - 22/07/2012 20:56

(22/07/2012 20:54)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I was directed to some north east buses on Flickr, and there seems to be quite a contrast on Arriva routes north of Newcastle. I saw pix of an Enviro400, a Pulsar 2 and believe there are some Gemini integrals in the area, but then saw a P reg Olympian-NC II on route X21! I had already decided to ride this route this coming Wednesday or Thursday.

Yes - You get a mix of buses on the X20/X21/X22! Lowlanders (I wouldn't ride these!) Olympians (R and P reg), Pulsars and Enviro400's.