Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Fairbrother's of Warrington - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fairbrother's of Warrington (/showthread.php?tid=316)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - mikestone - 30/12/2016 16:18

There have been other PIs where the commissioners have required that all operations are on one licence. To my mind their ought to be a blanket restriction on having more than one licence in a traffic area unless the VA exceeds a certain level.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - Mayneway - 30/12/2016 21:44

(30/12/2016 16:18)mikestone Wrote:  There have been other PIs where the commissioners have required that all operations are on one licence. To my mind their ought to be a blanket restriction on having more than one licence in a traffic area unless the VA exceeds a certain level.

I have said this for a while. If a licence hasn't been used for 6 months it should automatically be revoked. Far too many operators are summons to a PI have thier licence reduced or even revoked and just carry on on a secondary licence or one that's been acquired from another operator.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - T42 PVM - 05/01/2017 00:14

How many licenses did Fairbrothers have as another has shown up as being Revoked following a Public Enquiry

Public Inquiry (72711) held at The Public Inquiry Room, Suite 4, Stone Cross Place, Stone
Cross Lane North, Golborne, Warrington, WA3 2SH, on 30 November 2016 commenced at
10:00 (Previous Publication:(2734)) Previous hearing on 02 September 2016 was adjourned.
PC0003782 SN
DAVID FAIRBROTHER
DAVID FAIRBROTHER
3 BRATHAY CLOSE, ORFORD, WARRINGTON, WA2 9UY
S17 - Licence revoked with immediate effect

EDIT: David Fairbrother himself has been infront of a Transport Managers Enquiry

TM Public Inquiry (Case ID: 399430, Public Inquiry ID: 82453) for DAVID FAIRBROTHER to be
held at The Public Inquiry Room (Warrington), WA3 2SH, Suite 4, Stone Cross Place, Stone Cross
Lane North, Golborne, Warrington,
on 30 November 2016 commencing at 10:00 (Previous Publication:(2734))
Article 6 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - Valandil - 05/01/2017 08:14

I don't know the answer to your question unfortunately, but if (as I suspect) there were only 2, this is a shame for many passengers, especially schools who may be suddenly without a bus service.
In the latter case, I hope another can step in e.g. Network Warrington can get a few of their Olympians back into service pronto and cover for them until a more permanent fixture can be found.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - quahogbuscompany - 05/01/2017 08:49

There would be no passengers inconvenienced, as there were no services registered on the licence that has been revoked. The Limited licence has a va of 7 which covers the current PVR. They have just moved depot to a smaller place, so with all that has gone on he may be taking up any slack and concentrating on his core business. Network Warrington wouldn't be able to put their Olympians back on the road due to new DDA requirements that came in on 1st January.

(05/01/2017 08:14)Valandil Wrote:  I don't know the answer to your question unfortunately, but if (as I suspect) there were only 2, this is a shame for many passengers, especially schools who may be suddenly without a bus service.
In the latter case, I hope another can step in e.g. Network Warrington can get a few of their Olympians back into service pronto and cover for them until a more permanent fixture can be found.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - Mayneway - 05/01/2017 11:38

(05/01/2017 08:49)quahogbuscompany Wrote:  There would be no passengers inconvenienced, as there were no services registered on the licence that has been revoked. The Limited licence has a va of 7 which covers the current PVR. They have just moved depot to a smaller place, so with all that has gone on he may be taking up any slack and concentrating on his core business. Network Warrington wouldn't be able to put their Olympians back on the road due to new DDA requirements that came in on 1st January.

Still it dosen't give him much scope for expansion does it? Plus if there's issues over him being a transport manager potentially the second licence could be revoked or reduced in the future.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - mikestone - 05/01/2017 13:56

Presumably the whole point is to prevent him from expanding beyond his capabilities.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - Raawwwrrr! - 05/01/2017 15:03

(05/01/2017 13:56)mikestone Wrote:  Presumably the whole point is to prevent him from expanding beyond his capabilities.

and from a business point of view this is probably the best way in order to stop another independent from folding due to economic and financial problems, as is all too common lately.

If wanting to expand, Fairbrothers are still able too, they just have to supply means and evidence to the T/C in order to gain a license increase just as any other company would have to do. Usually on the lines of "We want in increase to run this proposed service (map, service times and full details enclosed), we have the following resources to do so: £x, X drivers, X spare buses, X demand etc.."

Removing 'dead' licenses stops independents from doing a GHA or Classic Bus NW from doing a musical chairs approach whereby when your license is about to be revoked you simply move all your services from one to another. It's much easier to acquire an existing license than it is to apply for a new one, so the best option for both the government, the T/C and regular passengers is to revoke dormant ones.

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - Valandil - 05/01/2017 18:06

So how many licences has he got left then? Is it 1 now?

RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington - Mayneway - 05/01/2017 19:59

(05/01/2017 15:03)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  and from a business point of view this is probably the best way in order to stop another independent from folding due to economic and financial problems, as is all too common lately.

If wanting to expand, Fairbrothers are still able too, they just have to supply means and evidence to the T/C in order to gain a license increase just as any other company would have to do. Usually on the lines of "We want in increase to run this proposed service (map, service times and full details enclosed), we have the following resources to do so: £x, X drivers, X spare buses, X demand etc.."

Removing 'dead' licenses stops independents from doing a GHA or Classic Bus NW from doing a musical chairs approach whereby when your license is about to be revoked you simply move all your services from one to another. It's much easier to acquire an existing license than it is to apply for a new one, so the best option for both the government, the T/C and regular passengers is to revoke dormant ones.

I understand that and it does make sense but why have other operators slipped under the radar. The obvious example being catch 22. It's well reported that he's got a dormant licence he acquired last year so at the recent PI his main licence was revoked to shut him down yet there was no mention of the dormant licence.
Another example is Warrington Coachways. Didn't they have thier licence revoked a couple of years back but just contined on another licence.