Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Aaron's Transport Pictures - 08/04/2015 08:22

Makes a change from the Solo's M&H operated on the 76 Wink

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 08/04/2015 10:24

(04/04/2015 19:55)DVL418 Wrote:  Over the Easter weekend [3-5 April 2015] GHA started to re-locate its Macclesfield out station from the cramped yard on Heapy Street to larger premises off Moss Lane, next door to Henshaw's Waste Transfer Depot.

Photo HERE

As of yet the yard has no facilities.

Five Optare Solo's were still at the Heapy Street yard at the time of this photograph.

So what will be the eventual allocation of buses for public services at Macclesfield?

I gather it will include Enviro 200s: YX64 VRF, YX64 VRG, YX64 VRJ, YX64 VRK and Solos: YM52 TPV, YJ54 ZYA, YJ54 ZYB, YJ54 ZYC, YJ54 ZYD, YJ54 ZYE and YJ54 ZYF from previous posts.

Will it also include SN03 DZZ which has vinyls for the 27 route and AA02 GHA the other Dart in Cheshire Connect colours?

Also what will happen when the Enviro 200s need servicing if there's no servicing facilities at Macclesfield?

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 08/04/2015 10:31

(30/03/2015 22:33)DLG817 Wrote:  I must admit - I was led to believe they would have the new GHA livery but they have the same base colours as the Enviro's that have been vinyled GOLD.

Photo

We should see later this week if they will end up 'GOLD'

I noticed from the interior photo the headrests say GHA not GHA Gold, even though it's GHA Gold base colours.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - fordsonmajor2012 - 08/04/2015 15:49

YJ09 EZK operated the 76 today ideal size especially around the back roads around Llangwyhafal! One of the versa's was on the X50/X52 I think KZE not too sure!

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 08/04/2015 18:05

(08/04/2015 10:24)knutstransport Wrote:  Also what will happen when the Enviro 200s need servicing if there's no servicing facilities at Macclesfield?

To answer my own question in part, it looks like they'll use Cheshire Connect Solos to fill in based on what was running the 17:50 Knutsford to Altrincham service today, which probably won't be popular with passengers. If they use the lower capacity Solo on the quietest services when a Enviro 200 is unavailable it'll mean the passengers who usually travel on those services won't be very happy, while if they rotate which services don't get the Enviro 200 when one's unavailable it'll mean some peak services will be very crowded.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DVL418 - 09/04/2015 07:33

(08/04/2015 10:24)knutstransport Wrote:  So what will be the eventual allocation of buses for public services at Macclesfield?

I gather it will include Enviro 200s: YX64 VRF, YX64 VRG, YX64 VRJ, YX64 VRK and Solos: YM52 TPV, YJ54 ZYA, YJ54 ZYB, YJ54 ZYC, YJ54 ZYD, YJ54 ZYE and YJ54 ZYF from previous posts.

Will it also include SN03 DZZ which has vinyls for the 27 route and AA02 GHA the other Dart in Cheshire Connect colours?

Also what will happen when the Enviro 200s need servicing if there's no servicing facilities at Macclesfield?

Don't forget the three 'deckers and six single dockers for schools & college services.

As with any out station with limited facilities I presume buses rotate to main depot for programmed servicing and inspection.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 09/04/2015 11:08

(09/04/2015 07:33)DVL418 Wrote:  As with any out station with limited facilities I presume buses rotate to main depot for programmed servicing and inspection.

I can see GHA easily rotating Solos and 8.8m Darts as they have plenty of them. However, they have a very limited number of Enviro 200s which are all route branded for specific routes which are advertised as having high quality interiors with wi-fi, leather seats and on some routes tables.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 10/04/2015 10:16

Good News - In addition to the new GHA buses entering service the new fleet numbers have started to appear on other GHA buses. The first seen sporting the fleet number 2101 was the T3 Traws Cumbria liveried Scania - YR14HLU - photo link

Bad News - This was not the number expected - the new GHA fleetlist (as published on my website) suggests it should have been 2102. 2101 was allocated to the Bryn Melyn liveried Scania YN03UWL.

I am awaiting a response to ascertain if this was a mistake or whether further changes are being made to the list I have published.

Apologies if I have published incorrect information.

Ron

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - fordsonmajor2012 - 11/04/2015 16:00

Anyone know when the T3 Scania Deckers and the Enviro200 are expected, hopefully soon due to the weird workings recently!

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - trawscymru27 - 11/04/2015 18:40

A couple of observations from today;

The new service numbers in Wrexham/Denbighshire do not seem to be in full use - I have seen buses displaying '2v' rather than '5C' and 'X5' rather than '55'.

Bryn Melyn's Versa MX58AAU has lost its Bryn Melyn logos on the sides - possibly a sign that it will be transferred within GHA or re-liveried soon??