Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 25/03/2015 17:07

In addition to the new vehicles reported as arriving the following Solo has also joined the fleet.

CN07FSO - Optare M710SL - B21F - new June 2007 to Bebb, ex Veolia (40264), ex Peaks Town and Country Bus

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 25/03/2015 17:20

New fleetlist numbering system

At the following LINK you can find a full GHA fleetlist with the new fleet numbering system.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 26/03/2015 11:18

(25/03/2015 17:20)DLG817 Wrote:  .
New fleetlist numbering system

At the following LINK you can find a full GHA fleetlist with the new fleet numbering system.

Very comprehensive list.

One observation is you say SN03 DZZ is owned by Cheshire East council. Although the bus in it's modified Cheshire Connect livery says near the front "Owned and Operated by Vale Travel" The livery doesn't include a Cheshire East council logo and is branded for the 27 route now which operates as a commercial service opposed to a council contract.

On the other hand AA02 GHA just says "Operated by GHA Coaches" and has the Cheshire East council logo on the back and sides of the bus. Although, maybe with changing the registration plate to a GHA one it means ownership of that bus has transferred as well.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 26/03/2015 11:26

(26/03/2015 11:18)knutstransport Wrote:  Very comprehensive list.

One observation is you say SN03 DZZ is owned by Cheshire East council. Although the bus in it's modified Cheshire Connect livery says near the front "Owned and Operated by Vale Travel" The livery doesn't include a Cheshire East council logo and is branded for the 27 route now which operates as a commercial service opposed to a council contract.

On the other hand AA02 GHA just says "Operated by GHA Coaches" and has the Cheshire East council logo on the back and sides of the bus. Although, maybe with changing the registration plate to a GHA one it means ownership of that bus has transferred as well.

I am aware of the recent transfer of ownership of a number of former East Cheshire Solos. It is probable that I have not brought myself up to date with any transfers in ownership of these two vehicles that I understood once belonged to the Local Authority. I have to admit in the priorty of things happening currently it was not that an important point to question. I will try and address it in due course.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - trawscymru27 - 26/03/2015 13:13

Ron, on your fleetlist, Solo YM52TPY is given number 1324 and YM52TPX 1325. As X comes before Y in the alphabet, one might reasonably expect these to be reversed, i.e. TPY to be 1325 and TPX to be 1324. Is this an error or intentional?

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - J200ABW - 26/03/2015 13:38

Be very interesting to see how Arriva respond to the changes on the 5/2v.

Obviously still the same number of buses per hour on the main stretch between Wrexham and Plas Madoc but if GHA have a flat 10 minute frequency you'd expect them to pick up a larger number of passengers than they do presently because of the added convenience opposed to Arriva's 15 min flat frequency.

Better for passengers too, particularly those going to Cefn as Vale and Arriva timed their services very close to one another, then leaving a 25ish minute gap between services.

Bus war ahead?

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 26/03/2015 13:40

(26/03/2015 13:13)trawscymru27 Wrote:  Ron, on your fleetlist, Solo YM52TPY is given number 1324 and YM52TPX 1325. As X comes before Y in the alphabet, one might reasonably expect these to be reversed, i.e. TPY to be 1325 and TPX to be 1324. Is this an error or intentional?

I have just - with a little anxiety - checked the list as given to me by the company and I can report that I am not in error (this time!!). It therefore appears this was intentional - but I cannot see - at the moment - the reason. Another question on my list.

I could, of course, be clever and suggest that alphabet used was the welsh one and as there is no 'x' in the welsh alphabet this was put at the end. However - this theory falls down - as it was devised by an englishman - Stephen Bryce.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - T42 PVM - 26/03/2015 16:10

On VOSA today

PG1073209/128 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: WREXHAM
Finish Point: WREXHAM
Via:
Service Number: REAL ALE TRAIL
Service Type: Circular
Effective Date: 18-APR-2015
Other Details: Saturday 18th April 2015 only

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 26/03/2015 16:24

If it's true about the GHA Gold Enviros for the 88 route all going to be allocated to Macclesfield then maybe GHA could operate some of the positioning moves in passenger service?

I'm thinking they could run a 06:00 Macclesfield to Knutsford and a 19:20 Knutsford to Macclesfield service on the 27 route so that buses aren't running empty between Macclesfield and Knutsford.

Also they could run some earlier/later services on the 88 route between Altrincham and Wilmslow as part of moving buses between Altrincham and Macclesfield. I'm not suggesting running buses in service between Wilmslow and Macclesfield because GHA don't operate any services between those two towns on the days the 88 bus runs.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 26/03/2015 17:03

(26/03/2015 16:24)knutstransport Wrote:  If it's true about the GHA Gold Enviros for the 88 route all going to be allocated to Macclesfield

Yes - I understand it was always the plan to have them allocated to Macclesfield. I believe two of them have been working from Macclesfield for the last week or two and that the other two will move over shortly (after Easter).

The current depot at Macclesfield is in Heapy Street. This depot will move to a larger premises within the Henshaw's Yard in Moss Lane, Macclesfield. I understand that thsi will happen at Easter.