Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 03/08/2016 15:47

(03/08/2016 15:38)Mayneway Wrote:  I've been reading some interesting comments on another site suggesting administrators are keen to re-establish a smaller 'Phoenix' GHA on one of the dormant licences. I think the Vale Travel licence.
Surly this isn't going to happen if all assets are being auctioned off??

They won't have any services to operate initially without creating duplicate services* or getting new GHA to bid for contracts which old GHA had.

* Of course creating a duplicate service on a contracted route sees the subsidy to the contracted operator withdrawn.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - solo - 03/08/2016 16:00

There s a lot a buzzing round at the moment... I wouldn't be suprised if something new did rise from the ashes.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Mayneway - 03/08/2016 16:06

(03/08/2016 15:47)knutstransport Wrote:  They won't have any services to operate initially without creating duplicate services* or getting new GHA to bid for contracts which old GHA had.

* Of course creating a duplicate service on a contracted route sees the subsidy to the contracted operator withdrawn.

I just carnt see it happening.
Surly if the directors knew what was coming weeks/months ago then if this had been an option then it would have made sense to keep perhaps one depots services on a seperate licence so when GHA got wound up the directors could still trade on the smaller licence, but wasn't it the general manager who applied to increase the VA on the main GHA licence and re-register everything under one umbrella to 'tidy things up'.

Surly any attempt to register any former GHA services on one of the dormant smaller licences would attract attention from the TC?

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 03/08/2016 16:17

(03/08/2016 16:06)Mayneway Wrote:  but wasn't it the general manager who applied to increase the VA on the main GHA licence and re-register everything under one umbrella to 'tidy things up'.

Indeed. A few years ago they could have switched a couple of GHA services to Vale Travel licences and put up the entire Cheshire East operations up for sale if they'd wanted. However, they moved the Vale Travel services to GHA licences and put the new services they acquired on GHA licences.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Garsty - 03/08/2016 18:02

(03/08/2016 15:01)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  I have been informed that Arriva shall find out by the end of the week if they have gained the 40 and 146, it will be ran from Wrexham depot.
Route 40 does not appear to have gone out to tender, deadline is 5pm Friday with the contracts lasting until 31st March 2017.

In terms of the T3 vehicles the tender had 3 options:
Quote:Option 1: Timetable and specification as provided – operator to provide
vehicles as per specification (fixed / full cost)
Option 2: Timetables as provided – Welsh Government to provide vehicles
(fixed / full cost)
Option 3: Operator to provide alternative timetable and service specification
to meet broad specification of contract. (fixed / full cost)

It would appear GHA won the tender with either Option 1 or 3, hence the vehicles have not passed onto Lloyds Coaches. The tender decision was split 70% cost and 30% quality. So it looks like GHA won the tender based on the lowest overall cost including them purchasing the vehicles, rather than the Welsh Government.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - chester285 - 03/08/2016 18:04

(03/08/2016 10:47)knutstransport Wrote:  Well Cheshire West's website not only doesn't give you links to timetables, they say Arriva or Stagecoach have taken over all the former GHA services even where they haven't e.g. the 289 route: http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/transport_and_roads/public-transport/bus-timetables-route-maps/bus-service-timetables.aspx

It wouldn't be so bad if the information was correct

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Nicholas - 04/08/2016 19:19

(03/08/2016 15:38)Mayneway Wrote:  I've been reading some interesting comments on another site suggesting administrators are keen to re-establish a smaller 'Phoenix' GHA on one of the dormant licences. I think the Vale Travel licence.
Surly this isn't going to happen if all assets are being auctioned off??

The Vale licence had already been surrendered to the OTC:

PC1038734 SI
(2694)
Licence surrendered WEF 06 July 2016
THE VALE OF LLANGOLLEN TRAVEL LTD T/A VALE OF LLANGOLLEN TRAVEL LTD
Director(s): ARWYN LLOYD-DAVIES, GARETH LLOYD-DAVIES.
UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON WREXHAM LL14 6HD
Registered Bus Services running under this licence have also been surrendered with immediate effect.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Depotosw - 04/08/2016 19:30

Noted on the A5 between Oswestry and Shrewsbury 18:10 this evening heading eastbound were Volvo B12M FN03 DXM and one of the YJ54 plate Cheshire Connect Solos, sorry didn't clock which one the Solos was.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Mayneway - 04/08/2016 21:55

(04/08/2016 19:19)Nicholas Wrote:  The Vale licence had already been surrendered to the OTC:

PC1038734 SI
(2694)
Licence surrendered WEF 06 July 2016
THE VALE OF LLANGOLLEN TRAVEL LTD T/A VALE OF LLANGOLLEN TRAVEL LTD
Director(s): ARWYN LLOYD-DAVIES, GARETH LLOYD-DAVIES.
UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON WREXHAM LL14 6HD
Registered Bus Services running under this licence have also been surrendered with immediate effect.

It would seem the guy behind the unofficial 'GHA complaints' page on Facebook is adamant the collapse of GHA is a minor hick up and all drivers and ancillary staff have been told that GHA will be back very soon LOL!

Sadly myself and several others have been blocked from the page because we pointed out that it wouldn't be that easy for directors to just pick up and start again.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - 33109 - 05/08/2016 07:30

It's well & truly properly dead & buried. On another note, driver mate of mine from arriva mac says they're keeping the 87 contract until october.

Also apparently that's when they get a pay cut so arriva might keep it if they can run it on the cheap. Drivers seem to actually enjoy the route as it's sumat different but only allocated 30 mins each way macc-congleton which is a bit tight timetable wise.