Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - T42 PVM - 18/06/2016 20:16

I have noticed a couple of the Drivers who used to back GHA up and say they loved working there have left and gone to other firms so it says it all really..

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - solo - 18/06/2016 20:49

This is infact true... people who have worked there years have moved on... and a lot of the ones I speak to on my travels say theyre looking elsewhere.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - M60lad - 19/06/2016 06:51

Friend of mine who now works at Winsford has actually told me that Winsford have actually got some duties on 88s now, think its just on Saturdays though, not to sure

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - wirralbus - 19/06/2016 07:11

At one point people where saying that GHA was going to be the next big player in North East Wales and Cheshire , the more I hear now , the more I think it will become a takeover target in its own right , but who by we all wonder .

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 19/06/2016 10:03

(19/06/2016 07:11)wirralbus Wrote:  At one point people where saying that GHA was going to be the next big player in North East Wales and Cheshire , the more I hear now , the more I think it will become a takeover target in its own right , but who by we all wonder .

Given the size of the operation I've thought for a while some larger companies could be interested in buying the operator. There's been rumours Stagecoach are interested in buying GHA and while people make a valid point that GHA have routes Stagecoach probably wouldn't be interested in, they could do a Yorkshire Traction style takeover whereby they purchased the company for it's Sheffield and South Yorkshire area operations and then sold off the Huddersfield and West Yorkshire operations to a Centrebus/Arriva consortium. It also allowed them to do a fleet reorganisation to get the buses they wanted to keep based in Barnsley and the ones they wanted to off-load based in Huddersfield.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 19/06/2016 10:11

(18/06/2016 13:56)wirralbus Wrote:  Somebody senior at GHA needs to get a grip of what is going on before the TC gets her mits on the company .

They are really shooting themselves in the foot with their customer services approach. Emails are going unanswered, some people who have been banned from their Facebook page after posting complaints on it, the telephone isn't always answered etc. I don't think they understand if they fail to deal with passenger complaints in a satisfactory manner, it won't just go away as the passenger will quite often complain to their local council. Some local councils have apparently already submitted complaints to the TC due to getting complaints about commercial services not operating.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - 33109 - 19/06/2016 10:11

Strange as around the macclesfield area the 19/27/87 & 130 sun duty all seem to run perfectly.

It's not looking too hopeful though, services get dropped left right & centre. Yet D&G who many consider a lesser company are doing well for themselves.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Mayneway - 19/06/2016 10:13

(19/06/2016 07:11)wirralbus Wrote:  At one point people where saying that GHA was going to be the next big player in North East Wales and Cheshire , the more I hear now , the more I think it will become a takeover target in its own right , but who by we all wonder .

At times they do come across as a good clever operator, I think their expansion into Warrington last year looked promising but as is often the case with GHA they seem to suddenly loose interest in an area and the decent buses get moved somewhere else and suddenly anything and everything gets allocated or journeys or even full services dont run at all.

As for takeovers I carnt see that stagecoach being interested in the whole operation and to be honest as time goes on I carnt see them wanting to lay huge amounts of money for what looks like a slowly sinking ship.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 19/06/2016 10:27

(19/06/2016 10:13)Mayneway Wrote:  As for takeovers I carnt see that stagecoach being interested in the whole operation and to be honest as time goes on I carnt see them wanting to lay huge amounts of money for what looks like a slowly sinking ship.

If GHA look vulnerable could another big operator already in the area start registering duplicate routes in an attempt to acquire more routes and passengers?

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - motormayhem1 - 19/06/2016 12:36

Would it be to big and in the wrong places for someone like rotala.