Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - solo - 20/01/2013 01:16

CA07GHA was involved in an RTA earlier in the week.
BAO4GHA is likely to be used on the 36s on Monday.

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - DLG817 - 27/01/2013 21:56

Latest to be acquired is M401EFD - a third Scania N113CRL / East Lancs - B42F which will join sisters M403EFD and M404EFD (now UYM551). The latter is currently experiencing undiagnosed engine problems and has been off the road for sometime.

Whist initial indications are M401EFD has been purchased for spares - as is usual with this company we will have to wait and see what occurs.

Also R457KWT - (DAF SB220 / Alexander ALX300) in GHA livery has now been internally refurbished and being prepared for service

Ron

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - DLG817 - 28/01/2013 20:57

GHA Fleetlist

Following the takeover of Dobsons Buses I have amended the GHA Group fleetlist to incorporate the buses transferred. Having considered it carefully I have decided to keep the fleetlist in one table instead of the various elements of the group. I will show for each vehicle which company / status it belongs (e.g. Vale Travel, Not in Service, Dobsons, Bryn Melyn, GHA Coaches etc.).

I have previously had comments that the fleetlist should be shown by vehicle type - which goes away from the standard used on this website. I will continue to show the list in registration number order but anyone is welcome to cut and paste the list into a spreadsheet and sort it in the way that may be more convenient.

I would welcome any comments, corrections, amendments or suggestions.

Whilst I am making my announcement - I hope to post soon in the Fleetlist section other North East Wales operator fleetlists. I have also been sorting my FLIKR sites and for those interested - there is photos of virtually all the GHA Group fleet and also photos of almost all of the fleets of the Wrexham and Flintshire area operators - which are on separate Flikr sites - the links are below.

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - DVL418 - 30/01/2013 11:05

(28/01/2013 20:57)DLG817 Wrote:  GHA Fleetlist

Following the takeover of Dobsons Buses I have amended the GHA Group fleetlist to incorporate the buses transferred. Having considered it carefully I have decided to keep the fleetlist in one table instead of the various elements of the group. I will show for each vehicle which company / status it belongs (e.g. Vale Travel, Not in Service, Dobsons, Bryn Melyn, GHA Coaches etc.).

I have previously had comments that the fleetlist should be shown by vehicle type - which goes away from the standard used on this website. I will continue to show the list in registration number order but anyone is welcome to cut and paste the list into a spreadsheet and sort it in the way that may be more convenient.

I would welcome any comments, corrections, amendments or suggestions.

Whilst I am making my announcement - I hope to post soon in the Fleetlist section other North East Wales operator fleetlists. I have also been sorting my FLIKR sites and for those interested - there is photos of virtually all the GHA Group fleet and also photos of almost all of the fleets of the Wrexham and Flintshire area operators - which are on separate Flikr sites - the links are below.

A small word of caution on the Dobson take-over.

There are currently three 'live' licences held by members of the Dobson family, and I understand that one may not be included in the take-over by GHA.

However, all will become clearer in due course.

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - DLG817 - 30/01/2013 18:51

(30/01/2013 11:05)DVL418 Wrote:  A small word of caution on the Dobson take-over.

There are currently three 'live' licences held by members of the Dobson family, and I understand that one may not be included in the take-over by GHA.

My understanding having spoken to Ian Dobson is that one of the 'live' licences namely that of Dobsons Buses Limited was transferred to the GHA Group. ( 8 vehicles). The licence of Mr Dobson's father has been surrended (4 vehicles) and Ian Dobson is retaining his own licence - but at this moment he has no serviceable vehicles and no immediate plans to operate.

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - DVL418 - 30/01/2013 20:17

(30/01/2013 18:51)DLG817 Wrote:  
(30/01/2013 11:05)DVL418 Wrote:  A small word of caution on the Dobson take-over.

My understanding having spoken to Ian Dobson is that one of the 'live' licences namely that of Dobsons Buses Limited was transferred to the GHA Group. ( 8 vehicles). The licence of Mr Dobson's father has been surrended (4 vehicles) and Ian Dobson is retaining his own licence - but at this moment he has no serviceable vehicles and no immediate plans to operate.

Thanks for clarifying the position.

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - SNL 824 - 02/02/2013 16:26

Dee Bee Solo YJ59 GFY on the 272 this afternoon

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - Garsty - 08/02/2013 12:22

GHA have 2 ex-Dobsons vehicles for sale on Ebay

N263 FMA
M561 SRE

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - SNL 824 - 10/02/2013 22:28

I took a ride on GHA's 272 yesterday before it finishes. It was the usual 59 reg Optare GHF. I was well impressed - smart uniformed driver and smart clean bus, albeit with quite a crack in the windscreen. It would be good to see more of GHA in the Wirral.

RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel) - wirralbus - 10/02/2013 23:02

Being honest there isnt that many markets open to independents on the Wirral.

Avon and Impera have filled the independent roles very well alongside the two major operators.

The best that could possibly happen is getting emergency contracts when other operators throw things in.