Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 09/03/2016 15:37

(09/03/2016 15:18)33109 Wrote:  Aye but the cheshire connect branded 27 darts that are used on the knutsford route, they sorely need updating QUICK. Inside they look pretty scruffy, also think GHA could do with some newer ticket machines.

Well yes.

With GHA making the 88 route half-hourly and introducing new buses with, leather seats, wi-fi and a table of four it makes the 27 route (with old buses and not even a full hourly service on weekdays) look like a poor sister of the 88. When I saw a yellow decker on the 27 on Saturday I thought that'll remind some people of Stevensons operating yellow buses around the Macclesfield area in the 90s.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - SK15 GZG - 09/03/2016 15:40

(07/03/2016 16:48)R557 ABA Wrote:  Can't even read that GHA Coaches logo, a very poor colour choice in my opinion.

Agreed. Personally I don't think the bright green blends with with the base colour very well. I think that a much darker shade of green would have been better

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DK09 GXY - 12/03/2016 12:16

Saw YJ04 BVB on the 9 just now, are one of the 9-branded Eclipses off the road? Saw this and one of the Renown's the other day on the 9.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 12/03/2016 14:35

The Scania Euro 6 Irizar 3 YP64WVW has had a break from working the 84 today. It made a trip back to Wales and is currently working the Ruthin - Mold corridor. I understand that it will be back in Tarvin tonight and will continue to work the 84 next week. Perhaps an explanation for the reason for its change of route is that today it is being driven by the General Manager himself.

A description of the interior has been offered as a 'Ski Jump' Now that I have had a ride on it I can see why.

LINK TO PHOTO IN MOLD

LINK TO PHOTO OF INTERIOR

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - solo - 15/03/2016 10:24

Do GHA still do as many Schools in the Cheshire Area as they used to? I used to see a lot of their buses heading out from or returning to Tarvin on my travels. Tarporley Boards in the screen.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 15/03/2016 10:52

(15/03/2016 10:24)solo Wrote:  Do GHA still do as many Schools in the Cheshire Area as they used to? I used to see a lot of their buses heading out from or returning to Tarvin on my travels. Tarporley Boards in the screen.

I don't know the status of all the school services in Cheshire but I know they surrendered their Poynton High School services last December and stop running some of the St Nicholas High School services at the end of the last academic year but it seems they still have Helsby-St Nicholas High School. I'm not sure on the status of Mid-Cheshire/John Deanes College services. I imagine they have a few Reaseheath College services given they've branded some of their deckers for them.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - solo - 15/03/2016 19:47

Saw R638MNU on the X52 in Glan Clwyd this afternoon.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DK09 GXY - 15/03/2016 19:51

(15/03/2016 19:47)solo Wrote:  Saw R638MNU on the X52 in Glan Clwyd this afternoon.

I also saw it coming out of Rhyl around 5 ish.

Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016 00:17

Its been Confirmed by Stephen Bruce (GHA General Manager) on Facebook that GHA Will Commence Operation of the Following Services for Shropshire County Council

21/23/26 - Shrewsbury Town Services
511 - Shrewsbury - Whitchurch

The Peak Vehicle Requirements will be for 6 Single Deck Vehicles under 5 year old from the Start of The Contract.

I Wonder if this is why the 2 Warrington Branded MetroCities are Moving to Shropshire???

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 17/03/2016 10:51

Someone's posted on Facebook that GHA are to scale back their Cheshire operations and run them all from the Tarvin depot. Is there any truth in that?