Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Nwales Bus - 18/12/2015 20:51

(18/12/2015 20:41)knutstransport Wrote:  Yep so they cancel it at any time if they want, they just need to give 8 weeks notice to the Traffic Commissioner.

Correct they can ditch it at any time, or attempt to go to the council and ask for support

The problem that GHA have now is wether or not they wish their competitors to enter the market, Routemaster Buses are growing in the Crewe, Nantwich area and D&G Bus currently operate in Macclesfield, would a reduction in Macclesfield allow the competition to grow and compete on other services???

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 19/12/2015 11:15

(18/12/2015 20:51)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The problem that GHA have now is wether or not they wish their competitors to enter the market, Routemaster Buses are growing in the Crewe, Nantwich area and D&G Bus currently operate in Macclesfield, would a reduction in Macclesfield allow the competition to grow and compete on other services???

It's hard to predict what GHA or D&G will do in Cheshire.

It was surprising that D&G registered the 300 Knutsford Circular daytime service commercially after High Peak withdrew the service, given D&G had no other bus routes in Knutsford. They do now run the D&G Little Bus flexible service in the Knutsford area.

However, when Cheshire East put the Friday/Saturday evening Macclesfield services out to tender (which D&G had acquired as a result of buying Bakerbus) GHA were the only operator to put in a bid.

GHA no longer operate the Holmes Chapel-Sandbach or the Northwich-Frodsham services. I don't know if that was a case of GHA not being interested in those routes (which are infrequent with low patronage) or a case of whether smaller operators offered to run the services for lower subsides. I think the 289 service comes up for renewal next year, it'll be interesting to see what happens with that.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 19/12/2015 11:20

(18/12/2015 09:29)DLG817 Wrote:  I understand that GHA will be closing their Macclesfield depot this weekend.

Just noticed that new contracts for Poynton High School services start in January. The contracts have been awarded to Belle Vue (1 service), Bullocks (3 services) and Holmeswood (2 services.) I wonder if that's a contributing factor to the GHA/Vale Macclesfield outstation closing.

http://england.unitedkingdom-tenders.co.uk/96793_Tender_Phase_2_2016_-_Transport_Services_Poynton_High_School_2015_Crewe

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Jack - 19/12/2015 14:13

Who operates the Northwich-Frodsham service now?

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - motormayhem1 - 19/12/2015 14:19

(19/12/2015 14:13)jcksmnr Wrote:  Who operates the Northwich-Frodsham service now?

Howards/springfeilds operate it now.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Jack - 19/12/2015 14:26

Cheers MM.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - motormayhem1 - 19/12/2015 14:39

No probs jcksmnr

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 20/12/2015 11:48

(19/12/2015 11:15)knutstransport Wrote:  It's hard to predict what GHA or D&G will do in Cheshire.

It was surprising that D&G registered the 300 Knutsford Circular daytime service commercially after High Peak withdrew the service, given D&G had no other bus routes in Knutsford. They do now run the D&G Little Bus flexible service in the Knutsford area.

However, when Cheshire East put the Friday/Saturday evening Macclesfield services out to tender (which D&G had acquired as a result of buying Bakerbus) GHA were the only operator to put in a bid.

GHA no longer operate the Holmes Chapel-Sandbach or the Northwich-Frodsham services. I don't know if that was a case of GHA not being interested in those routes (which are infrequent with low patronage) or a case of whether smaller operators offered to run the services for lower subsides. I think the 289 service comes up for renewal next year, it'll be interesting to see what happens with that.

I'd imagine that GHA would want to keep hold of the 289, always seems to have decent loadings. It could probably run on a higher frequency as I've heard a lot of people moaning about it being infrequent.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Valandil - 20/12/2015 15:07

(20/12/2015 11:48)Lynx Wrote:  I'd imagine that GHA would want to keep hold of the 289, always seems to have decent loadings. It could probably run on a higher frequency as I've heard a lot of people moaning about it being infrequent.

I thought the 289 was a contract due to low patronage.
It can get good loadings between Lostock Gralam and Northwich, but that's about it as far as I've seen Confused

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 20/12/2015 17:07

(20/12/2015 15:07)Valandil Wrote:  I thought the 289 was a contract due to low patronage.
It can get good loadings between Lostock Gralam and Northwich, but that's about it as far as I've seen Confused

It is but from what I've seen its usual got a half decent load on the 2-3 times I've done it. Has a good load from Northwich - Lostock Gralam then its steady after that, had about 12 people when it got to Knutsford the first time I used it and about 9 people got back on at Knutsford on the way back.