Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem1 - 17/07/2016 08:35

Not noticed any but not had chance to grab a proper look but i shall when im next in.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Metroline1511 - 30/07/2016 21:29

As so many Arriva services in Liverpool are frequent, I wish some could be branded as MAX or even Sapphire. At present it is just the X1.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Raawwwrrr! - 30/07/2016 22:07

(30/07/2016 21:29)Metroline1511 Wrote:  As so many Arriva services in Liverpool are frequent, I wish some could be branded as MAX or even Sapphire. At present it is just the X1.

The 'max' specification is something that will be redundant within Merseyside. Similar to how 'le bus' for low floor services is no longer in use
All new buses come with wifi, leather seating, charging points and CCTV screens as standard.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Metroline1511 - 31/07/2016 19:45

(30/07/2016 22:07)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The 'max' specification is something that will be redundant within Merseyside. Similar to how 'le bus' for low floor services is no longer in use
All new buses come with wifi, leather seating, charging points and CCTV screens as standard.

I have heard the standard spec for new Arriva buses described as MAX-lite. So maybe MAX will only be used for routes gaining full batches of refurbished stock. It would be great if Liverpool - Southport were to go over to Sapphire!

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - H101GEV - 31/07/2016 19:55

(31/07/2016 19:45)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have heard the standard spec for new Arriva buses described as MAX-lite. So maybe MAX will only be used for routes gaining full batches of refurbished stock. It would be great if Liverpool - Southport were to go over to Sapphire!

If memory serves, posts elsewhere suggest that the MAX specification has been abandoned completely. If Sapphire continues, and given its apparent success you'd expect it to, surely the 47 can't continue to be ignored when it's the perfect candidate?

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem1 - 31/07/2016 22:36

I would say the X30 warrington-runcorn-chester would be ideal for sapphire conversion as the northwest as a few routes that would be good candidates.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - mr t - 01/08/2016 00:39

(31/07/2016 19:55)507009 Wrote:  If memory serves, posts elsewhere suggest that the MAX specification has been abandoned completely. If Sapphire continues, and given its apparent success you'd expect it to, surely the 47 can't continue to be ignored when it's the perfect candidate?

The thing about the 47 is firstly its chronic reliability and punctuality due to the gridlock every day in Thornton Waterloo Crosby and Formby, its unpredictable most days, and Sapphire is meant to guarantee timings and reliability so its not suitable. Also it mirrors the train for most of the route so trying to inrease patronage by X amount simply wont happen as most people travelling longer distances will just use the train far more reliable.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Barney - 01/08/2016 09:37

(01/08/2016 00:39)mr t Wrote:  The thing about the 47 is firstly its chronic reliability and punctuality due to the gridlock every day in Thornton Waterloo Crosby and Formby, its unpredictable most days, and Sapphire is meant to guarantee timings and reliability so its not suitable. Also it mirrors the train for most of the route so trying to inrease patronage by X amount simply wont happen as most people travelling longer distances will just use the train far more reliable.

I agree that the 47 suffers badly from reliability issues which, ironically, have only worsened since the opening of the new link to Switch Island at Thornton. Also, the Formby by-pass is often closed due to all-too-frequent RTC's and there is no alternative diversion. As for the argument that the route parallels the train service I would disagree. At most points on the route, the 47 doesn't come within a reasonable walking distance of any rail station.

The 47's main competitor is Stagecoach's X2 which initially began as an hourly service using mid-life coaches but is now every 30 minutes using Scania DD's bought new for the route and rumours now abound that the X2 is being considered for upgrade to Gold standard.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Raawwwrrr! - 01/08/2016 17:15

(01/08/2016 09:37)Barney Wrote:  The 47's main competitor is Stagecoach's X2 which initially began as an hourly service using mid-life coaches but is now every 30 minutes using Scania DD's bought new for the route and rumours now abound that the X2 is being considered for upgrade to Gold standard.

Go back even further and it was half-hourly 284's and a two-hourly X59 Laugh

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - MX12 KVM - 06/08/2016 09:48

Does anyone know if Runcorns 3136 is here? It's been missing from there for quite a while now. I know it was involved in an accident a couple of months ago?