Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - CX54 DKD - 11/10/2012 21:13

Interesting that they've re-painted 999 as I thought its purchase and operation were part funded with a specification for the livery it did wear! Thanks for those though MM.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem - 11/10/2012 21:59

its kept its leather seats but looks really smart painted and think st helens missed out they would of been better suited to our depot than the solo SR's.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - CX54 DKD - 11/10/2012 22:22

I absolutely agree, probably the £20K price difference per bus that put them off though!!

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem - 11/10/2012 22:44

yeah think ur correct there,everything comes down to the last penny as all the drivers are coplaining that the solo sr are too small especially when the pvr drops after 10:00 untill 14:00 as the 33 is leaving people due to being fully loaded by the time they are at the bottom of elephant lane,plenty of complaints by both drivers and passengers.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - M60lad - 12/10/2012 06:19

I must say I was quite surprised when I actually saw how small these Solo SRs St Helens got, certainly smaller than what they have meant to have replaced, in my opinion maybe St Helens should have got some long Versa's instead which seat similar to a single decker although maybe the odd seat less

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem - 12/10/2012 07:03

well if these solo sr replaced scania paladins id hate to see what there gonna replace the dennis darts with when its time to replace them,maybe some small solos like what HTL have got or maybe some mercedes sprinters lol.....;p

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem - 12/10/2012 10:22

it looks rather smart now i think,and deffo more suited to st helens operations instead of these solo Sr.
I think they should replace the darts with either versas or tempo SR.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - sth77 - 12/10/2012 10:32

Seen 999 leaving the depot this morning I presume heading back to Chester. I agree with previous comments it looks very smart indeed.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - cx04axy - 01/11/2012 00:21

Any Welsh buses in for refurbs here?

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem - 01/11/2012 05:59

il try have a look,i know 2510 is still in awaiting maintenance,theres a plaxton centro having maintenance,theres a DLA with an all over student advert but unsure why its here.