Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Cheshire Show buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cheshire Show buses (/showthread.php?tid=1804)

Cheshire Show buses - knutstransport - 06/06/2024 17:52

Does anyone know which operator(s) have been contracted to run the Cheshire Show shuttle buses this year? The Cheshire Show website says they are "arranged by ANSA". I've seen Aintree Coachline operating one in previous years.

I think there's 4 vehicles required in total - one to run the shuttle to/from Knutsford station, two to run the services to/from Hartford station and one to run to/from Altrincham Interchange.

RE: Cheshire Show buses - K10K11 - 19/06/2024 17:49

(06/06/2024 17:52)knutstransport Wrote:  Does anyone know which operator(s) have been contracted to run the Cheshire Show shuttle buses this year? The Cheshire Show website says they are "arranged by ANSA". I've seen Aintree Coachline operating one in previous years.

I think there's 4 vehicles required in total - one to run the shuttle to/from Knutsford station, two to run the services to/from Hartford station and one to run to/from Altrincham Interchange.

It was Aintree - first time I've been to the show, and we caught the shuttle bus in Northwich.

RE: Cheshire Show buses - knutstransport - 19/06/2024 18:00

I looked at going but didn't in the end. Only time I've been is when I was at primary school - a long time ago now.

I saw one person post on Facebook that no bus turned up at Knutsford station. I don't know if that was an isolated incident or not.

RE: Cheshire Show buses - Citibus - 20/06/2024 10:18

I saw an Aintree Coachline bus parked in Altrincham yesterday and that makes sense now.

RE: Cheshire Show buses - K10K11 - 21/06/2024 19:23

I know the driver of our bus commented on Wednesday morning on arriving at the showground, that there should've been two double deckers on the Northwich/Hartford route, but he didn't know where the other one was.

At 3 o clock when the first return departures left, 3 buses left and there was a coach standing by for the next run, though where to I've no idea - presumably Northwich/Hartford being the longest run.

The Cheshire Show is one of those events I've always wanted to go to, and it was enjoyable, but I doubt I'd go again though.

RE: Cheshire Show buses - knutstransport - 22/06/2024 10:37

(21/06/2024 19:23)K10K11 Wrote:  At 3 o clock when the first return departures left, 3 buses left and there was a coach standing by for the next run, though where to I've no idea - presumably Northwich/Hartford being the longest run.

The vague timetable did show two buses in the morning for Hartford. For Knutsford it suggested after the first departure, all subsequent departures would depend on traffic conditions until a final departure time.

https://www.royalcheshireshow.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/Cheshire-Show-Shuttle-Bus-Timetable-2024-v2.pdf

I would have guessed the plan was Knutsford using one bus roughly every 45 minutes. For a non-local (passenger or driver) the bus stops for Knutsford station might not be in the most obvious place. The station bus stops (on Adams Hill) are the closest to the Chester bound platform, but for the Manchester bound platform it's probably the same distance to the A50 stop at the Church Hill junction.

Similar with Northwich, is it going to pull into the station car park (like Rail Replacement Buses are supposed to) or use the official bus stops near Tesco that the 89/Cat9 services use?

RE: Cheshire Show buses - K10K11 - 24/06/2024 17:38

(22/06/2024 10:37)knutstransport Wrote:  Similar with Northwich, is it going to pull into the station car park (like Rail Replacement Buses are supposed to) or use the official bus stops near Tesco that the 89/Cat9 services use?

Yeah, at Northwich station it used the main bus stop on Manchester Road opposite Tesco. I know in Northwich town centre, there was no indication that a shuttle bus for the show was going from stand B, so I'd assume there was nothing to direct anyone at the train station either. There was half a dozen people who got on our bus at the train station, as opposed to the 3 of us who got on in town.