Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 10/08/2015 08:04

(10/08/2015 07:53)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  There is a layby at the hospital Valanfi..

I can see one from Google street view just before the inbound bus stop, but it has 'POLICE' markings around it.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Katie - 10/08/2015 08:08

(09/08/2015 21:05)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Iv heard the 32 is making a return as well?

VOSA. 30/31/32/32a EFFECTIVE FROM 1ST SEPT 2015 to AMEND ROUTES AND TIMETABLES.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 11/08/2015 18:25

(09/08/2015 21:05)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Iv heard the 32 is making a return as well?

Turns out that the 31 is getting axed and the 32 isn't coming back, though some 32A's will miss out the southern Penketh estate, effectively operating the 30 in reverse, assumedly due to schools.
Interestingly the 9 is going to see an increased service after its recent culling, going from 1 to 3 trips, with an extra return journey being provided just after noon.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RSTurbo50 - 11/08/2015 21:29

I'm assuming the 32A's that are missing out parts of the Penketh estates is due to it being absolute mayhem during morning and afternoon school start/finish times. Very very difficult to get through double parked cars, cars parked on double yellow lines etc...

31 being dropped wont be missed either but interesting about the 9 service..

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 11/08/2015 22:14

(11/08/2015 21:29)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I'm assuming the 32A's that are missing out parts of the Penketh estates is due to it being absolute mayhem during morning and afternoon school start/finish times. Very very difficult to get through double parked cars, cars parked on double yellow lines etc...

Yep, it's only the two trips which would go around the estate around 8:40am and 3pm, Monday to Friday only, so definitely school opening/closing times.
No doubt some drivers will be on autopilot and serve the estate anyway, then kick themselves for forgetting not to when they see the gaps they have to squeeze through!

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 13/08/2015 07:50

It's quite clever what Warrington is doing with the 16's, giving them 6 minutes' layover at Harrison Square, making the full return trip take over half an hour (34 mins) -- that way the competition won't be able to run a few mins ahead as they work on the principle that they have to do the return trip in well under 30 mins so they can be out, back and ready to take up the next trip after that half-hour.
On the flipside, it will take up more of Warrington's resources, as their 16's already seem to come back early when they're given 30 mins for the return trip.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RSTurbo50 - 13/08/2015 09:15

Yep. The majority of the time when I'm in a 16, as I'm heading up long shaw street, GHA is ahead of me with pretty much nobody on board and Fairbrothers are passing me on the inbound journey. GHA leave Harrison Square empty and I leave a few minutes behind him. I still pick a fair few up with passes, day rovers etc..

RE: WBT Network Warrington - knutstransport - 13/08/2015 13:12

New Network Warrington route for the 46 route will be Higher Wincham to Northwich Station to Northwich to Barnton to Comberbach to Stretton to Warrington. The 46 route will be hourly, Network Warrington won't run any 45 services. Warrington bound departures will generally leave Northwich 9 minutes before the GHA service. In the return direction Network Warrington buses will generally leave Warrington Interchange 5 minutes before the GHA service.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Katie - 13/08/2015 17:00

(13/08/2015 13:12)knutstransport Wrote:  New Network Warrington route for the 46 route will be Higher Wincham to Northwich Station to Northwich to Barnton to Comberbach to Stretton to Warrington. The 46 route will be hourly, Network Warrington won't run any 45 services. Warrington bound departures will generally leave Northwich 9 minutes before the GHA service. In the return direction Network Warrington buses will generally leave Warrington Interchange 5 minutes before the GHA service.

I am sorry to disagree with you but Warrington bound departures will generally leave Northwich four minutes before GHA Coaches. Network Warrington buses will generally leave Warrington Interchange on the hour which is twenty five minutes after GHA Coaches service. Only three of Network Warrington's 13 daily hourly trips to Northwich will leave Warrington Interchange five minutes before GHA Coaches. However there will be an 8.30 number 46 which is also five minutes before GHA Coaches but the NW service will curtail at the Cat & Lion at Stretton.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 13/08/2015 17:43

(13/08/2015 17:00)Katie Wrote:  I am sorry to disagree with you but Warrington bound departures will generally leave Northwich four minutes before GHA Coaches. Network Warrington buses will generally leave Warrington Interchange on the hour which is twenty five minutes after GHA Coaches service. Only three of Network Warrington's 13 daily hourly trips to Northwich will leave Warrington Interchange five minutes before GHA Coaches. However there will be an 8.30 number 46 which is also five minutes before GHA Coaches but the NW service will curtail at the Cat & Lion at Stretton.

knutstransport may be thinking of the time of arrival at Northwich before heading on to Warrington perhaps? As this will generally be 9 minutes before GHA's 45 departs for Warrington. This is because the 46 will generally have 5 minutes' stand time at Northwich in this direction (much greater than the 2 minutes it gets in the other direction and the 0 minutes at the Wincham terminus no doubt because they want the 46 to run the 4-5 minutes ahead of GHA's 45 on the Wincham-Northwich stretch).
I think it's a little disappointing that Network Warrington is withdrawing completely from Antrobus -- would have been nice to reroute the 46's through there like what happened when the 6's no longer operated through to Lymm and the 5 was rerouted through Statham -- though I appreciate that there probably aren't that many passengers to be found there and it might take a minute or two longer to divert through there.

I also think it's interesting that they're calling the short journey to Stretton a 46 rather than a 9.
It will almost be possible to link up with the 8A to Hatton or the 8 from Hatton if travelling towards Warrington -- they miss each other by just a couple of minutes.