Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RSTurbo50 - 14/01/2015 12:24

A number of the services offered in the day will still run in the evening. However many services will be dropped from the evening and new runs put in place. Its necessary due to failing passenger numbers in the evening but I think there will be quite a few unhappy people as a result of services not serving their particular area in the evening...

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 15/01/2015 12:53

The changes are now available on the website here:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/big-bus-service-changes-from-2nd-june

Some things which I find noteworthy:
○ Hatton will not be served during the inter-peak period and there will only be one 9 per day
○ Services 10 and 10X will be withdrawn
○ Some journeys along Wilderspool Causeway get more running time around 1pm than at other times during the inter-peak period
○ 21E, 26E and 27E will be the Orford evening services; there will be no 20/20A/21/21A in the evening
○ The extra running time means that the 25 and 23(A) will have to interwork with something else
○ I also can't immediately work out what the 28 will now interwork with
○ The 28E will serve Locking Stumps before Birchwood and will then continue to Gorse Covert before resuming the 28 route
○ 26E and 22E will visit Orford Park in the evening
○ 26E and 27E generally switch at the Cinnamon Brow terminus
○ 26E and 27E will not always depart Warrington at the same number of minutes past the hour
○ Cinnamon Brow goes from a 2-hourly service to an half-hourly service in the evening
○ There will be no evening service on the 19
○ 5, 35, 8 and 45/46 look like they will interwork and 45/46 will no longer have extremely long layover in Northwich
○ Lymm gets an evening service again, roughly every 2 hours
○ The network map has not been redone for this set of changes

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RSTurbo50 - 16/01/2015 10:26

Necessary changes in my opinion if this great company is to survive. I was driving the 10's and 10X's last night and only picked up a handful of passengers all evening so needs must.

Things to note:

Chester Rd and Gainsborough Rd will no longer have an evening service.
The 1 and 2 will be replaced by the 1E which is identical to Fairbrothers 1C
The 18E will be the same as the old 18A serving Europa Boulevard

Sure there is more but I cant remember now ;-)

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 16/01/2015 10:56

(16/01/2015 10:26)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Necessary changes in my opinion if this great company is to survive. I was driving the 10's and 10X's last night and only picked up a handful of passengers all evening so needs must.

Things to note:

Chester Rd and Gainsborough Rd will no longer have an evening service.
The 1 and 2 will be replaced by the 1E which is identical to Fairbrothers 1C
The 18E will be the same as the old 18A serving Europa Boulevard

Sure there is more but I cant remember now ;-)

I definitely agree that lots of the changes seem to improve the efficiency of the evening service.
I do worry that some of these changes are really quite confusing though and that this may put a few people off. I'm thinking particularly of the 21E, 26E and 27E.

Btw, do you know why the current 10/10X has all of those quirks in the timetable, e.g. departing Warrington at different minutes past the hour and having about quarter of an hour off at the Interchange at one point?
It looks to me like there would be time to just simply run 10's every hour.
I think I'm right in saying that, after doing the last 9 of the day back from Hatton, that board then does the final 32A?

RE: WBT Network Warrington - JimmyMac - 16/01/2015 14:45

It seems a pity that the 1E and 3E do not interwork so that Westy can retain a through service to points along Manchester Road. (I'd perhaps also route the 1E the other way around the Westy loop so that it was the same way as the main daytime service along Knutsford Road.) Plus it'd be nice to run that last 5E to Lymm back in service at least as far as Wilderspool (and possibly Warrington on demand - though that would extend driver hours.)

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 16/01/2015 19:03

One other interesting thing is that the 'last buses' will no longer mostly leave together.
From a quick scan through, it looks like the last departure will be on the 15 at 2328.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RSTurbo50 - 16/01/2015 23:59

Valandi, the 10 and 10X do indeed have a fair bit of layover at the end of each run. Not exactly sure why but I was on them Thursday evening and passengers numbers you could count of one hand, pointless running them IMHO as your losing money on them. The 10 will be replaced by the 8E, just means Chester Rd and Gainsborough Rd will miss out by again you only pick up maybe one or two passengers at most here and more often than not there are no passengers at all here.

And yes when you do the last number 9 from Hatton you finish off your duty by doing the 32A....

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 17/01/2015 06:50

(16/01/2015 23:59)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Valandi, the 10 and 10X do indeed have a fair bit of layover at the end of each run. Not exactly sure why but I was on them Thursday evening and passengers numbers you could count of one hand, pointless running them IMHO as your losing money on them. The 10 will be replaced by the 8E, just means Chester Rd and Gainsborough Rd will miss out by again you only pick up maybe one or two passengers at most here and more often than not there are no passengers at all here.

And yes when you do the last number 9 from Hatton you finish off your duty by doing the 32A....

Until just a few years back, the evening 8/8X (not serving Chester Road and Gainsborough Road) used to run on Fridays and Saturdays only.
I was quite surprised when they were modified and made to run six evenings per week as 10/10X but imagined that that must have been due to some kind of funding ... ?

We'll see how well the 5E/8E arrangement goes.
I really hope it does work well (I'll be a happy 5E customer!), but wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years they decide to run 6C's every hour instead unless there is funding (maybe renumbered 6E).

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 25/01/2015 17:11

If anyone notices what the 23(A), 25 and 28 interwork with under tomorrow's new timetables, I'd really appreciate it if you let us know!
I'm thinking possibly the 23 goes onto a 1 then either 19 -> 22 -> 2 or 18out -> 13in, but that's just pure guesswork.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 30/01/2015 18:59

Bit of a confused article on the Guardian website which tries to explain why people are against some of the recent changes:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/11760640.Travellers_hit_out_following_Network_Warrington_bus_service_change​s/