Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 06/07/2023 13:06

The Cat5 is to be re-routed back through Warburton from 23rd July, when the emergency contract for the Belle Vue 280 ends.

Also it seems WOB will be running the Manchester Airport to Altrincham service, as an extension of the X5.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - SF07 - 06/07/2023 19:59

(06/07/2023 13:06)knutstransport Wrote:  The Cat5 is to be re-routed back through Warburton from 23rd July, when the emergency contract for the Belle Vue 280 ends.

Also it seems WOB will be running the Manchester Airport to Altrincham service, as an extension of the X5.

Going off the route description listed on TfGM's website, it looks like that the Cat5 is extended to run via Sale, mainly along the existing 280 route but re-routed via Grosvenor Road and Glebelands Road, replacing service 18, before heading into Altrincham along the 263 route.

Evening and Sunday journeys will run every hour between Warrington and Lymm via the Cat5 route before extending every 2 hours to Altrincham via Partington and Sale as Cat5 or to Manchester Airport via Bowdon and Altrincham as X5.

Quote:Monday to Saturday daytime and alternate daytime journeys on Sundays and public holidays are rerouted between Warburton/Partington and Altrincham to run via Manchester Road, Carrington Lane, Ashton Lane, Grosvenor Road Glebelands Road, Cross Street, Washway Road, Manchester Road and Barrington Road. Evening journeys running between Warrington and Lymm are alternately extended via the new daytime route above or via the X5 route to Altrincham and Manchester Airport. Sunday journeys not running via the daytime route above will also run as Cat5 between Warrington and Lymm then as the X5 to Altrincham and Manchester Airport.

Also, the X5 is re-routed in Bowdon to replace service 287 in Bowdon Vale, as well as the extension to Manchester Airport.

Quote:Extended to Manchester Airport via Hale Barns replacing bus 288. The route will also change in Bowdon to serve Bow Green Road, Bow Lane, Priory Road and Vicarage Lane, replacing bus 287. Evening, Sunday and public holiday journeys are also introduced running as Cat5 between Warrington and Lymm then as X5 to/from Altrincham and Manchester Airport.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - M60lad - 07/07/2023 05:21

Will any extra vehicles be needed for both CAT5 & X5 extensions and if so where will they come from?

Unless anything else is changing in/around Warrington on the same date won't this stretch them vehicle wise especially during the week, I know they've got plenty of spare vehicles on Saturdays as they don't like the deckers playing out at weekends.

When will timetables be out for the above services as while TfGM have mentioned about the service changes there's nothing mentioned yet on Warringtons Own Website?

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Nwales Bus - 07/07/2023 07:11

(07/07/2023 05:21)M60lad Wrote:  Will any extra vehicles be needed for both CAT5 & X5 extensions and if so where will they come from?

Unless anything else is changing in/around Warrington on the same date won't this stretch them vehicle wise especially during the week, I know they've got plenty of spare vehicles on Saturdays as they don't like the deckers playing out at weekends.

When will timetables be out for the above services as while TfGM have mentioned about the service changes there's nothing mentioned yet on Warringtons Own Website?

These changes coincide with the start of the School holidays, so should have enough spare vehciles around to cover. In September there will be extra vehicles available in the fleet as the Wigan local services will pass to Diamond

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 07/07/2023 09:59

In reality it shouldn't be too hard for WOB to acquire another 2 x Enviros if needed. They've already acquired a number of second hand ones to cover the gap between Cadets being withdrawn and the electric vehicles being delivered.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - djb - 07/07/2023 11:11

I think both of these are positive changes, with some new links.

Although unless it’s for trafford college I’m not convinced the run up the a56 between sale and altrincham is good resource use. The service could have just finished in sale?

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 07/07/2023 11:14

(07/07/2023 11:11)djb Wrote:  I think both of these are positive changes, with some new links.

Although unless it’s for trafford college I’m not convinced the run up the a56 between sale and altrincham is good resource use. The service could have just finished in sale?

Yeah, could be popular if it continued to Manchester instead.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 07/07/2023 13:52

(07/07/2023 11:11)djb Wrote:  I think both of these are positive changes, with some new links.

I think we need to see the timetables before drawing any conclusions. Currently the 288 is hourly before 9am but the X5 isn't, so it's not clear how it'll work.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 07/07/2023 13:59

(07/07/2023 13:52)knutstransport Wrote:  I think we need to see the timetables before drawing any conclusions. Currently the 288 is hourly before 9am but the X5 isn't, so it's not clear how it'll work.

Yes, hopefully that will be sorted with earlier departures, at least from Altrincham towards Manchester Airport, but hopefully starting from Warrington too.
Depending on how the Cheshire Cat timetables are recast, shorts to and from Lymm in the morning/afternoon peak running off/onto Lymm High school runs would be welcome too.

I think the X5 was a bit of an experiment, which is maybe why the service didn't offer peak morning journeys before, but it seems to have been working well so far, and with the changes coming, hopefully a full timetable will be offered now.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - djb - 07/07/2023 16:23

(07/07/2023 13:52)knutstransport Wrote:  I think we need to see the timetables before drawing any conclusions. Currently the 288 is hourly before 9am but the X5 isn't, so it's not clear how it'll work.

Agreed. The available info suggests there is going to be changes to the x5 (extensions of the existing lymm shorts in the evenings, and conversion of some Sunday cat5s to x5). But no mention of early extras, unless the extra resource is going to just run airport shorts in the morning.