Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - mikestone - 19/09/2019 19:00

Do they do half a day on the 48 and the other half of the drivers turn on local work?

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 19/09/2019 20:06

(19/09/2019 19:00)mikestone Wrote:  Do they do half a day on the 48 and the other half of the drivers turn on local work?

A Cadet was being used on the 48 this morning

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - CTL45 - 20/09/2019 08:39

Service 48 contract specifies minimum 37 seats for the AM & PM school journeys, in term time. This was also the case when Howards operated the service.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - stankevitch - 24/09/2019 19:26

I suppose the only issue that i can see would be working the 48s into any CAT9 services otherwise thats a fair bit of dead mileage between Warrington and Northwich/Frodsham considering if a large vehicle is only needed on the school peaks and the rest are fine.

Shame Warrington sold their Optare Solo's a few years back :-P

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Rick Hunter - 24/09/2019 21:56

Haven't there been some changes with Mid Cheshire college this term meaning reduced am/pm loadings so a smaller bus can now cope?

(24/09/2019 19:26)stankevitch Wrote:  I suppose the only issue that i can see would be working the 48s into any CAT9 services otherwise thats a fair bit of dead mileage between Warrington and Northwich/Frodsham considering if a large vehicle is only needed on the school peaks and the rest are fine.

Shame Warrington sold their Optare Solo's a few years back :-P

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Y458 KNF - 25/09/2019 11:21

Just seen one of the classic Enviro200s on a 22

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 25/09/2019 12:18

(24/09/2019 21:56)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Haven't there been some changes with Mid Cheshire college this term meaning reduced am/pm loadings so a smaller bus can now cope?

Not sure what loadings in Weaverham are like but it wasn't carrying any college pupils some days in the 18/19 academic year as the AM run sometimes drove past the Greenbank stop without picking up or setting down.

The Mid Cheshire changes have been happening over a few years with only a very small number of courses being offered at Hartford for a couple of years, I think there may be none at all now.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 30/09/2019 11:58

Disappointing (but not entirely surprising) that we get to the day of the changes and the new timetables are still not on Warrington's website, at least as far as I can see.
It's a pretty poor show if your bus service is going down to hourly (service 10).
I know the timetables are available elsewhere, but you can't expect people to keep checking multiple sources.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - iMarkeh - 30/09/2019 13:23

(30/09/2019 11:58)Valandil Wrote:  Disappointing (but not entirely surprising) that we get to the day of the changes and the new timetables are still not on Warrington's website, at least as far as I can see.
It's a pretty poor show if your bus service is going down to hourly (service 10).
I know the timetables are available elsewhere, but you can't expect people to keep checking multiple sources.
WOB has never been good at keeping the site updated. It's not a difficult thing to do either which is a shame.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - T42 PVM - 01/10/2019 09:47

I see WOB 47 and 49 have been declared SORN