Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - SK15 GZG - 09/09/2019 22:16

Looks like DAF 150 has been withdrawn

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - stankevitch - 10/09/2019 16:40

Just seen J5BUS going down Manchester Road at 17:30, in Jim Stones colours but that Warrington's Own Buses breakout banner on the side. Can confirm fleet no 200.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - johnluke - 11/09/2019 07:40

Dont know much about jim stones but having looked they did withdraw a route not so long ago ..maybe its excess vehicles they have.. I did hear that jim stones are to quit in the not too distant future ..maybe a warrington purchase could be in the offing..who knows
. It's just my guess

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - motormayhem1 - 11/09/2019 07:59

(11/09/2019 07:40)johnluke Wrote:  Dont know much about jim stones but having looked they did withdraw a route not so long ago ..maybe its excess vehicles they have.. I did hear that jim stones are to quit in the not too distant future ..maybe a warrington purchase could be in the offing..who knows
. It's just my guess

If they did take it over which I would be suprised if they did , they would have to name it something other than warrington own bus with them being based in leigh.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - johnluke - 11/09/2019 08:33

Leigh's own buses

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - gilesbus1 - 11/09/2019 13:05

Jim Stones is still operating in Leigh/Atherton with its own branding so definitely not a take-over, would suggest that the vehicle has been bought from Jim Stones, and that the plate will return to Jim Stones shortly. A vehicle in full Jim Stones Livery has been seen in Atherton on a Jim Stones service this morning.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 11/09/2019 18:30

(11/09/2019 07:59)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If they did take it over which I would be suprised if they did , they would have to name it something other than warrington own bus with them being based in leigh.

The bus company name is because it's owned by the borough of Warrington, not because all services serve Warrington. Historically WBT did start operating a number of local services around Northwich in response to North Western starting bus wars in Warrington.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - gilesbus1 - 12/09/2019 00:37

(11/09/2019 18:30)knutstransport Wrote:  The bus company name is because it's owned by the borough of Warrington, not because all services serve Warrington. Historically WBT did start operating a number of local services around Northwich in response to North Western starting bus wars in Warrington.

Warrington have also previously in the early 1990's operated a town service in Leigh between Leigh and Crankwood. As for them though taking over Jim Stones I would say its unlikely currently because of the TfGM franchising proposal, as there is no clear design for it, and they could pay out money end up losing the network of services to other operators and end up with nothing, also Jim Stones is only a minor player so really not able to bid for much. If anyone buys them out I suspect it will be Diamond North West as its area dove tales it nicely and they already have assets in place to take that network over and already now a major player in the area, also no doubt keen to further expand, services could be operated either from Bolton or if space is an issue there by re-opening Atherton, if that's still an option at the time.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 12/09/2019 06:04

(07/09/2019 07:22)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  As far as I can remember a 26/27 then goes onto a 22A and then a CAT6. I can’t remember if it goes onto a number 1

Thanks for the info (belated as I was away for a few days).

On a separate issue, it's slightly disappointing (but not necessarily surprising) that the timetables online don't reflect the changes from 2nd September, but hopefully will be amended if and when the timetables effective from 30th September are released - the website did claim all the info would be available from the 1st week of September, but it's looking more and more like it will be at least the 3rd week now.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 13/09/2019 17:54

Does anyone know what the 19 interworks with please?