Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - johnluke - 04/05/2019 20:16

I would love to see some kind of merger between halton transport and wbt even if halton transport was given to warrington council in return for some annual percentage in the company..this way wbt could be regional in their operations just like municipal owned reading buses

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Jack - 04/05/2019 21:55

(04/05/2019 18:47)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Iv heard it’s been a bit of a struggle to be honest...

Not surprising, even HTLs tiny Solos struggled sometimes with the way cars are parked round there!

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Metroline1511 - 11/05/2019 23:02

I know that some Eclipses have been repainted into new Warrington's Own Buses livery. A not so close look on Flickr suggests they still have the same interiors as before, so not refurbished with a new moquette.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - M60lad - 12/05/2019 06:36

Seems Warrington's Own Buses are having problems with the new 22 route already with bigger buses (Versa's) having problems with both the turning circle at Wargrave (Vulcan) and the housing estate it now goes round in Haydock, just hope that they haven't tried putting deckers or Volvo B7s singles on the route else I can see them getting stuck.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - T42 PVM - 12/05/2019 08:48

Optare Versas (And even Solo SR's) are known to have poor turning circles

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Bevan Price - 12/05/2019 20:50

(12/05/2019 06:36)M60lad Wrote:  Seems Warrington's Own Buses are having problems with the new 22 route already with bigger buses (Versa's) having problems with both the turning circle at Wargrave (Vulcan) and the housing estate it now goes round in Haydock, just hope that they haven't tried putting deckers or Volvo B7s singles on the route else I can see them getting stuck.

Don't know about Haydock situation, but until the route extension, the turning circle at Vulcan was often been used by "large" buses including double-deckers

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Jack - 12/05/2019 22:16

I know Versas were used more regularly on Sundays which doesn't serve Vulcan but double deckers definitely did the Vulcan route during the week.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Mayneway - 13/05/2019 12:25

(12/05/2019 08:48)T42 PVM Wrote:  Optare Versas (And even Solo SR's) are known to have poor turning circles

Solo SR's have a shocking turning circle very difficult to manoeuvre at times.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 15/05/2019 11:22

It seems like the variation to the 14(/15) has gone through at short notice:

From VOSA:

PC0001977/4 WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT Operating between Warrington Bus Station and Warrington Bus Station given service number 13 / 14 / / / 15 effective from 13 May 2019. To amend Route and Timetable.

The times of the resurrected/modified/reduced 15 are available on bustimes.org:
http://bustimes.org/services/15-warrington-penkethgt-sankey-circ

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - gilesbus1 - 17/05/2019 14:41

(12/05/2019 20:50)Bevan Price Wrote:  Don't know about Haydock situation, but until the route extension, the turning circle at Vulcan was often been used by "large" buses including double-deckers

Yep, I can remember Dennis Dominator's as the regular buses on the 22 to Vulcan Village, although like you not sure what the issue is in Haydock, but unless its a height one they should be able to negotiate it if a Versa can as Warrington's deckers are in the main ex London short wheelbase examples.