Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - SK15 GZG - 27/04/2018 21:35

(27/04/2018 21:10)darylyates17 Wrote:  Have all 13 now been delivered

I don't think so

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - CTL45 - 27/04/2018 21:53

I notice they've been Tweeting pictures of the new bus stops - https://twitter.com/benwakerley/status/989922151057764353 I always thought a bus stop flag/sign needed to have the words 'Bus Stop' on it?! Oh and they've got new timetable cases that are a different shade of orange to the poles and flags....

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 28/04/2018 00:45

(27/04/2018 21:53)CTL45 Wrote:  I notice they've been Tweeting pictures of the new bus stops - https://twitter.com/benwakerley/status/989922151057764353 I always thought a bus stop flag/sign needed to have the words 'Bus Stop' on it?! Oh and they've got new timetable cases that are a different shade of orange to the poles and flags....

Finally, a corner of the country which is having its bus stops updated!
We need more companies to be pro-active, as councils can't be relied on to do it any more - probably a contributary factor to the decline in bus usage in many areas.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Atlanteanfan - 28/04/2018 07:19

Worryingly I don’t think most bus companies see the flags and information as important any way.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 28/04/2018 09:33

(28/04/2018 00:45)Valandil Wrote:  Finally, a corner of the country which is having its bus stops updated!
We need more companies to be pro-active, as councils can't be relied on to do it any more - probably a contributary factor to the decline in bus usage in many areas.

Well across the border in Cheshire East we still have some 1990s Cheshire County Council yellow and black "Cheshire Bus" bus stops mixed in with the later blue Cheshire County Council bus stops - which have a sticker over them to cover up the Cheshire County Council branding plus an obsolete phone number. To top it off some bus stop signs are on roads which no longer have bus services and some roads which have bus services (which didn't used to) have no bus stop signs!

However, I can see some issues with the Cheshire Cat branded bus stops. Most notably if a different operator's service (or even a non-Cat service operated by Warrington's Own Buses) runs along the same road either now or in the future it may appear to some that non-Cat service doesn't stop there, especially to those who are used to using buses in big cities where one operator's service might stop at one bus stop and another operator's service might stop at another bus stop down the road.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Raawwwrrr! - 28/04/2018 09:47

I think people may have missed the fact that the "Cheshire Cat" branding is on the reverse side of the bus stop, and is the only side pictured, surely this would imply that the other side isn't branded at all (hence why it hasn't been photographed for marketing purposes) and therefore would have "Bus Stop" facing the direction the bus is coming from.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 28/04/2018 10:26

(28/04/2018 09:33)knutstransport Wrote:  However, I can see some issues with the Cheshire Cat branded bus stops. Most notably if a different operator's service (or even a non-Cat service operated by Warrington's Own Buses) runs along the same road either now or in the future it may appear to some that non-Cat service doesn't stop there, especially to those who are used to using buses in big cities where one operator's service might stop at one bus stop and another operator's service might stop at another bus stop down the road.

I'm sure this will be the case, for example with Halton's 62 which runs from Warrington to Stockton Heath and onwards.
Some of the Cheshire Cats also cross into Cheshire East and others into Greater Manchester - there are many routes (run by Arriva, Diamond, D&G etc.) which use the same roads there ... will Warrington be putting their Cheshire Cat flags up there too, even in TfGM territory?

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - knutstransport - 28/04/2018 10:57

(28/04/2018 10:26)Valandil Wrote:  I'm sure this will be the case, for example with Halton's 62 which runs from Warrington to Stockton Heath and onwards.
Some of the Cheshire Cats also cross into Cheshire East and others into Greater Manchester - there are many routes (run by Arriva, Diamond, D&G etc.) which use the same roads there ... will Warrington be putting their Cheshire Cat flags up there too, even in TfGM territory?

Will the Cat routes serve Cheshire East given the 47 isn't a Cat route and the Altrincham-Warrington route no longer includes Little Bollington? Cat9 will serve Cheshire West though.

I'm almost certain TfGM won't allow an operator to place their own branding on one of their bus stops. Apparently TfGM insist that all operators serving Greater Manchester have to pay them for the costs of producing a plain TfGM timetable for the route even if the operator produces their own timetables. That does at least prevent passengers having to pick up multiple leaflets for the same route if evening and/or Sunday services are run by a different operator to Mon-Sat daytime services, even if it doesn't allow operators to promote what features a Sapphire or a Cheshire Cat bus has.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - AltrinchamAlex - 28/04/2018 12:05

(28/04/2018 10:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Will the Cat routes serve Cheshire East given the 47 isn't a Cat route and the Altrincham-Warrington route no longer includes Little Bollington? Cat9 will serve Cheshire West though.

I'm almost certain TfGM won't allow an operator to place their own branding on one of their bus stops. Apparently TfGM insist that all operators serving Greater Manchester have to pay them for the costs of producing a plain TfGM timetable for the route even if the operator produces their own timetables. That does at least prevent passengers having to pick up multiple leaflets for the same route if evening and/or Sunday services are run by a different operator to Mon-Sat daytime services, even if it doesn't allow operators to promote what features a Sapphire or a Cheshire Cat bus has.

There are a few routes that are exceptions with no TfGM timetables, Arriva's 263 being one.

RE: Warrington's Own Buses - Valandil - 28/04/2018 12:09

(28/04/2018 10:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Will the Cat routes serve Cheshire East given the 47 isn't a Cat route and the Altrincham-Warrington route no longer includes Little Bollington? Cat9 will serve Cheshire West though.

Sorry, I meant Cheshire West "and Chester" on the CAT 9(A) Northwich services - the dividing line between the two Cheshires always baffles me.