Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Warrington's Own Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Warrington's Own Buses (/showthread.php?tid=170)

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RedPanda - 24/01/2018 18:33

(24/01/2018 18:10)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  We just need route learning on it. After Newton station I have absolutely no idea how it gets to Wigan :-)

Straight road really after turning left at Trebaron. Follow your nose and you end up at the East Lancs, Golbourne, Abram, Platt Bridge. Ince confuses me, bear left onto a slip road before Lidl. Then straight.

Good luck with the town centre's one way system. LOL

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 25/01/2018 19:06

(24/01/2018 12:46)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looking again at the tweet it looks like it will indeed be Warrington - Wigan

The 360 will just operate between Newton-le-Willows and Wigan, but it will link with Warrington's 22 to allow connections to Warrington.

Here are some articles on the subject for anyone interested:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/network-warrington-makes-wigan-link
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/15898233.Network_Warrington_to_operate_new_bus_route_to_Wigan/

RE: WBT Network Warrington - St Helens Rider - 25/01/2018 20:35

I think a through service would have been a better option but at least Newton is now (or will shortly be) an interchange, so the environment for changing vehicles is probably better these days.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - RSTurbo50 - 25/01/2018 20:43

(25/01/2018 20:35)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I think a through service would have been a better option but at least Newton is now (or will shortly be) an interchange, so the environment for changing vehicles is probably better these days.

It will be a through service to Wigan via Earlestown...

RE: WBT Network Warrington - urmstonian - 28/01/2018 21:42

Do Network Warrington normally bid for TfGM contracts, or does this signal a new strategy for them?

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Jack - 29/01/2018 00:15

(25/01/2018 20:43)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  It will be a through service to Wigan via Earlestown...

How will that work then? An extension of the 24E to avoid the 22/22E going back on itself?

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 09/02/2018 21:50

Five of the new Enviros are to have the standard livery.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - iMarkeh - 10/02/2018 20:56

(29/01/2018 00:15)jcksmnr Wrote:  How will that work then? An extension of the 24E to avoid the 22/22E going back on itself?

A driver tells me the route will run upto Earlestown, back to Winwick Road via Burtonwood then upto Newton-le-willows and to Wigan that way. Massive route taking about 1h 15-1h20 I think the driver said.

He is trained up and on the late rota so I can't see why he would be wrong.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - Valandil - 11/02/2018 08:03

That's interesting - I had imagined it going Warrington -> Winwick -> Burtonwood -> Collins Green -> Earlestown -> Newton-le-Willows -> Wigan, so that it wouldn't have to go all the way up Newton Road / Mill Lane between Winwick and Newton-le-Willows twice, but at least they will be covering every bus stop covered on the daytime 360 by doing it that way.

RE: WBT Network Warrington - iMarkeh - 12/02/2018 07:26

(11/02/2018 08:03)Valandil Wrote:  That's interesting - I had imagined it going Warrington -> Winwick -> Burtonwood -> Collins Green -> Earlestown -> Newton-le-Willows -> Wigan, so that it wouldn't have to go all the way up Newton Road / Mill Lane between Winwick and Newton-le-Willows twice, but at least they will be covering every bus stop covered on the daytime 360 by doing it that way.

I thought either that or Warrington - Winwick - Newton - Earlestown - Newton - Wigan. It seems a weird route. There can't be anyone at those Winwick-Newton stops during the day let alone at night, there are hardly any houses or anything there for people. Weird way of running things but I suppose that is Network Warringtons way of working recently.

Anyone noticed 188 and 152 on 16 dupes and bay blocking duties this week? They are determined to get Fairbrothers out.