Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? (/showthread.php?tid=1670)

Pages: 1 2

Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - acocker96 - 04/02/2021 08:31

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on a bus I keep seeing around this time in the morning and in the evening, it has a grey and neon green livery and this morning I finally got a clear sight of it, it had palladium written on the side and I recognised it as a Blackpool Transport Enviro200 MMC as in the article below:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/business/new-green-buses-come-blackpool-roads-next-month-2441834

Anyone got any idea what it’s doing this far east of Blackpool? I keep seeing in Failsworth most often on Mersey Road North, no idea if it in revenue service or not.

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - Jack - 04/02/2021 09:00

Is it not a Plaxton Centro? I know Rosso have a few of these on loan from Blackpool if Rosso have any school services in that area?

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - ant17612 - 04/02/2021 10:23

Blackpool do a fair bit of Rail Replacement work into Manchester.

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - Mayneway - 04/02/2021 13:07

(04/02/2021 08:31)acocker96 Wrote:  Wondering if anyone can shed any light on a bus I keep seeing around this time in the morning and in the evening, it has a grey and neon green livery and this morning I finally got a clear sight of it, it had palladium written on the side and I recognised it as a Blackpool Transport Enviro200 MMC as in the article below:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/business/new-green-buses-come-blackpool-roads-next-month-2441834

Anyone got any idea what it’s doing this far east of Blackpool? I keep seeing in Failsworth most often on Mersey Road North, no idea if it in revenue service or not.

Rosso/Transdev have a few on long term loan so it’s probably working a school.

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - SandyDrew - 04/02/2021 19:02

It’s the demonstrator is it not? (Same livery as Blackpool, but green in place of their yellow)

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - Mayneway - 04/02/2021 19:36

https://flic.kr/p/2jQrGxW

Rosso have 6 on long term loan from Blackpool Transport mainly used on school services.

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - Owl - 04/02/2021 20:42

(04/02/2021 10:23)ant17612 Wrote:  Blackpool do a fair bit of Rail Replacement work into Manchester.

I don't think it is rail replacement in this case. I have seen one on Broadway around school service time.

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - M60lad - 05/02/2021 06:55

It'll be definitely be one of the few Blackpool Transport Centros that Transdev Rosso have got at the moment, before you normally see it I normally see the same vehicle heading down Broadway in afternoon out of service heading to start the School Service.

Don't quote me on this but I think a couple of them might have gone back to Blackpool as I'm only seeing the odd one at the moment whereby in the past when I've been off work I've normally seen at least 2 or maybe 3 heading to do afternoon Schools.

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - Mayneway - 05/02/2021 11:13

(05/02/2021 06:55)M60lad Wrote:  It'll be definitely be one of the few Blackpool Transport Centros that Transdev Rosso have got at the moment, before you normally see it I normally see the same vehicle heading down Broadway in afternoon out of service heading to start the School Service.

Don't quote me on this but I think a couple of them might have gone back to Blackpool as I'm only seeing the odd one at the moment whereby in the past when I've been off work I've normally seen at least 2 or maybe 3 heading to do afternoon Schools.

Don’t think all the school services are running, these loans were originally brought in to cover school dupes obviously they are not running now so that’s why your seeing less. I’m told by a mate at Rosso that they are still there and are being used for schools, route training and taxi bus and are here until at least Easter. Wonder whether Transdev will end up buying them??

RE: Blackpool Transport bus in Manchester? - acocker96 - 05/02/2021 18:20

Makes absolute sense now then, Rosso do run school services through failsworth usually an ex-Coastliner B9TL.