Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Avon Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avon Buses (/showthread.php?tid=15)

RE: Avon Buses - wirralbus - 10/01/2017 15:41

To be honest there T42PVM the service 122 has been going for so long , I actually think that neither Stagecoach or Arriva are that interested in taking it over , if Avon was to ever fold then that's the interesting time when both Stagecoach and Arriva would be vying for it .

To be honest if you look at what Avon have elsewhere they don't have anything which is remotely competition material. Stagecoach have tried the X22 and didn't work out.

The one thing that is noticeable with Avon , too much chopping and changing , whats the low down on the changes to the 80 , 82 and 88 , bet these change again soon enough.

RE: Avon Buses - T42 PVM - 10/01/2017 15:51

Am on about the 23

RE: Avon Buses - mr t - 10/01/2017 17:24

(10/01/2017 15:41)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest there T42PVM the service 122 has been going for so long , I actually think that neither Stagecoach or Arriva are that interested in taking it over , if Avon was to ever fold then that's the interesting time when both Stagecoach and Arriva would be vying for it .

To be honest if you look at what Avon have elsewhere they don't have anything which is remotely competition material. Stagecoach have tried the X22 and didn't work out.

The one thing that is noticeable with Avon , too much chopping and changing , whats the low down on the changes to the 80 , 82 and 88 , bet these change again soon enough.

The 122 is identical to the 63

RE: Avon Buses - N271CKB - 18/01/2017 17:37

Avon have got the 883, Huyton - Airport from Monday

RE: Avon Buses - T42 PVM - 18/01/2017 17:44

Feel sorry for the Driver on the 4:31 start from Huyton, its long enough from Prenton to Huyton

RE: Avon Buses - iMarkeh - 19/01/2017 16:08

What will Avon be using on the 883? HTL use the sprinter and I went on it for the full journey the other day and throughout the whole journey it picked up about 8-10 people along the route. There were never more than 3 people on the bus. Avon doesnt have any low floor minibuses does it to use?

RE: Avon Buses - T42 PVM - 19/01/2017 16:13

When i last used the 883 HTL had a 12 Seater Minibus with 14 people on it, i also believe the early trips get busy as well

RE: Avon Buses - CX06 EBK - 19/01/2017 16:18

They'll probably just use Darts as HTL have done in recent times when Sprinters have been unavailable. Apart from the early runs there is little need for anything bigger.

RE: Avon Buses - iMarkeh - 19/01/2017 17:46

I admit I was on the 15:30 from Huyton so not many people used it. Morning and evening runs I guess would be busy because of the Airport and Land Rover. The whole route is kind of served by other services apart from Huyton Ind Est and Land Rover so I guess it is because of that area. It will also be a problem with Avon running it because if a bus brakes, that means another hour to wait for the next bus and it will take a long time to get a replacement from Prenton so Avon must have some tricks up their sleeve.

RE: Avon Buses - CX06 EBK - 19/01/2017 18:22

The evening runs are probably the quietest of the lot, quite often that is where X338 SKJ would end up without any issues in terms of capacity.