Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Avon Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avon Buses (/showthread.php?tid=15)

RE: Avon Buses - CKC 312L - 29/07/2017 20:59

Ironic they can launch a facebook page but can't run a full timetable sorry but it is a case of misplaced priorities I am sure passengers would rather have a decent service that a facebook page.
And all I can say is if AVON HAVE WON THE 124/5 and 145 GOD HELP the passengers on those services hope they have better luck than other passengers on other routes operated by Avon

RE: Avon Buses - wirralbus - 30/07/2017 15:31

The 145 is only three journeys i think in the early morning Monday to Friday

RE: Avon Buses - CKC 312L - 30/07/2017 16:13

Wirralbus you are correct in thinking that the 145 is now reduced down to 3 journeys in the morning but people rely on these journeys to get them to work especially people who work in the factories long the route. Unfortunately for them Merseytravel have decided to award the contract to Avon and judging by the performance over the past month or so I really do feel sorry for the regular users of this service unless something drastically improves in Avon's ability to recruit drivers

RE: Avon Buses - robertclark125 - 30/07/2017 17:33

I know it's a Sunday, but was there any disruption to Avon's services today?

RE: Avon Buses - CKC 312L - 30/07/2017 17:52

Thank you Dentonian
All passengers want is a reliable service that they can rely on doesn't matter what colour this bus is and what the name on the side of the bus says followed by a decent affordable fair price for their journey doesn't matter if it a single,return.weekly,monthly ticket and preferably the bus and service is delivered by a driver who is not stroppy,rude,or a bad driver
Unfortunately,and I won't mention any names,the bus industry is plagued by bad service providers I know I have worked for one or two in the past lie it or not it is time to rid the industry of these operators and fill it with operators who provide a good service and operate good practice doesn't matter if they are independent or a big group operator.

RE: Avon Buses - WAITING FOR THE 437 - 31/07/2017 09:14

Have you seen the vast amount of services cancelled today. This is beyond a joke. It's making Merseytravel look equally as bad.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/mobile/Pages/TravelAlerts-Bus.aspx

RE: Avon Buses - WAITING FOR THE 437 - 31/07/2017 09:32

13 different routes effected today, with multiple journeys on each route cancelled. Services on both the Wirral and Liverpool are affected.

RE: Avon Buses - CKC 312L - 31/07/2017 09:58

Like I have said before is it even worth their while opening the gates of a morning people are looking at other means or other services to get them from A to B so overall ultimately the company will suffer although to be honest if they did go under it would be no great loss as they are running so little at the moment. Looks like everyone will be playing the I-Spy game todat see if the can see a very rare breed a lesser spotted Avon

RE: Avon Buses - wirralbus - 31/07/2017 10:17

Where are the TC when you need them , its almost certain they will soon be reported if they havent already been .

RE: Avon Buses - CKC 312L - 31/07/2017 10:28

Oh they will be about somewhere trust me I am sure the situation has been brought to their attention