Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Club Class Bus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Club Class Bus (/showthread.php?tid=1417)

Club Class Bus - mikestone - 24/06/2018 08:48

Anything known about a company of this name.
They had LK04CUY on Thameslink standby on Thursday with no legal lettering, but the only thing on DVSA operator search similar has a Ruislip adress
(here is the on topic bit)
with OCs in Huyton, Manchester and on Tyneside.

RE: Club Class Bus - St Helens Rider - 24/06/2018 09:15

(24/06/2018 08:48)mikestone Wrote:  Anything known about a company of this name.
They had LK04CUY on Thameslink standby on Thursday with no legal lettering, but the only thing on DVSA operator search similar has a Ruislip adress
(here is the on topic bit)
with OCs in Huyton, Manchester and on Tyneside.

I maybe barking up the wrong tree here but is this company linked to the short lived venture in the Middleton area a few years ago. The company was known as Club Class but branded their vehicles Little Gem's (I know not very original).

RE: Club Class Bus - robertclark125 - 24/06/2018 12:09

Could the company be something like the long defunct Fraser Eagle, who organised rail replacement coaches on TOCs behalf, during engineering works? I know Fraser Eagle didn't, to my knowledge, own any vehicles, but it's just a thought that the operating centres could be just one bus at each location, necessary for having an O licence. The work being contracted out by them to other firms, like how National Express works.

RE: Club Class Bus - djb - 24/06/2018 20:16

(24/06/2018 12:09)robertclark125 Wrote:  Could the company be something like the long defunct Fraser Eagle, who organised rail replacement coaches on TOCs behalf, during engineering works? I know Fraser Eagle didn't, to my knowledge, own any vehicles, but it's just a thought that the operating centres could be just one bus at each location, necessary for having an O licence. The work being contracted out by them to other firms, like how National Express works.

They are (or used to be) a party bus type operator. Many years ago they used to have a silver ex merseybus f- ytj Olympian in use in Manchester. I’ve not seen them around Manchester for a long time but I think the bus is still in use down south.

Edit : f245 ytj for anyone interested.

RE: Club Class Bus - YN05 WKE - 24/06/2018 20:40

Seen F-YTJ last year

RE: Club Class Bus - Mayneway - 25/06/2018 09:48

(24/06/2018 09:15)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I maybe barking up the wrong tree here but is this company linked to the short lived venture in the Middleton area a few years ago. The company was known as Club Class but branded their vehicles Little Gem's (I know not very original).

In a word no. Club class travel from
Middleton was a farther and son set up with a pair of minibuses that ran for many many years. They registered the little gem service which wasn't very successful but it soon ended and the whole company was wound up with the licence surrendered - I was told at the time the farther had died after a short illness.

RE: Club Class Bus - St Helens Rider - 25/06/2018 10:23

(25/06/2018 09:48)Mayneway Wrote:  In a word no. Club class travel from
Middleton was a farther and son set up with a pair of minibuses that ran for many many years. They registered the little gem service which wasn't very successful but it soon ended and the whole company was wound up with the licence surrendered - I was told at the time the farther had died after a short illness.
Thanks for confirming. Just thought there may have been a connection given the name.