Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Northern (Arriva Rail North) (/showthread.php?tid=1273)

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - 508143 - 28/05/2018 22:23

They will be a welcome boost to the fleet because there are quite possibly many stops where 6 car trains can be safely accommodated but 8 cars cannot without extension work being carried out on platforms.

I have only seen a 323 once at lime street station easily 20 years ago but from what I remember before it left I got a quick look on board by permission of the driver and I thought wow.

The amount of room there is seat wise coupled with their longer 23m bodies they have have ample room to accommodate passengers during peak times.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Gordon V - 28/05/2018 22:28

(28/05/2018 22:23)508143 Wrote:  They will be a welcome boost to the fleet because there are quite possibly many stops where 6 car trains can be safely accommodated but 8 cars cannot without extension work being carried out on platforms.

I have only seen a 323 once at lime street station easily 20 years ago but from what I remember before it left I got a quick look on board by permission of the driver and I thought wow.

The amount of room there is seat wise coupled with their longer 23m bodies they have have ample room to accommodate passengers during peak times.

Unfortunately the only peak hour train they will run on out of Liverpool when they do start running is the 1628 to Crewe.All the other services are earlier in the day i.e. off peak and none in the morning peak hour

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - iMarkeh - 29/05/2018 05:55

(28/05/2018 17:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  I have not been into Liverpool or Manchester since the timetable change so does anyone know if 323s are getting used on the Liverpool - Crewe?
Aren't all the 323s meant to be heading off to WMT? That was the point of the extra 319s and many other new electric trains being built to allow the 323s to head to the west mids to increase capacity there. Or has the plan all changed?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - mikestone - 31/05/2018 07:29

06.21 Wigan Lime St a pair of 142s this morning - is this booked?
More surprisingly the 08.03 Carlisle-Nunthorpe was a Scotrail unit. Following it through on RTT it then appears to go Nunthorpe-Hexham-Morpeth-Carlisle and then 19.10 to Glasgow.
Presumably this is as a result of the reduction in Glasgow-Newcastle trains

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - knutstransport - 31/05/2018 08:46

(31/05/2018 07:29)mikestone Wrote:  06.21 Wigan Lime St a pair of 142s this morning - is this booked?

No. It's booked as a 319 and supposed to form the next service back to Wigan. While the unit off the 07:04 arrival from the Airport (via Warrington Central) at Lime Street is supposed to form the 07:09 to Oxford Road. However, this morning there was no 07:04 arrival from the Airport due to a cancellation and the unit off the Wigan service went on the 07:09 to Oxford Rd, so presumably the change was to get a DMU from the sidings at Wigan to Lime Street.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - mikestone - 31/05/2018 17:41

Thanks. I caught the 17.09 from Buckshaw Parkway tonight - information there regarding them using the down platform just a smudged whiteboard, surely someone could have organised proper posters - and at each stop the guard opened all the doors. Is this a requirement when the guard is in the rear unit?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - wirralbus - 01/06/2018 09:54

Just heard on the radio that today all train services between Oxenholme and Windermere have been replaced by replacement bus services.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - St Helens Rider - 01/06/2018 11:18

There has been rumours in the local media in that area that Northern are considering suspending rail services on that line for 2 months as part of the recovery plan - just running replacement buses. What a crazy idea at the height of the tourist season.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - knutstransport - 01/06/2018 11:25

(01/06/2018 09:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Just heard on the radio that today all train services between Oxenholme and Windermere have been replaced by replacement bus services.

If that's what they said it's incorrect. As of Monday Northern are putting an emergency timetable in place which will see all trains to Windermere temporarily suspended and 2 x hourly bus services running in lieu but they are still operating trains today (subject to the usual cancellations.)

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - mikestone - 01/06/2018 18:22

National Rail was certainly showing no trains on the branch all dayearlier, although it now says reduced.