Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Northern (Arriva Rail North) (/showthread.php?tid=1273)

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - knutstransport - 24/05/2018 10:14

(24/05/2018 09:27)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I still think clearly displaying via points should solve most of these problems. The problems with the Liverpool - Crewe are mostly logistical in terms of there being too many bottlenecks on route which if there is a delay, the knock on effects are felt far further afield than if the 2 joined routes were separate. Perhaps would have been better to have kept Manchester - Crewe services self contained and extended the Chat Moss stopper to either Hazel Grove or Alderley Edge which are of much shorter distance and thus more easily recoverable in times of disruption. Added bonus of both these routes is that they give an extra connectional point at Stockport.

I think it was in response to the Northern semi-fast on Chat Moss to the Airport being replaced by a TPE service to Victoria, so people using Chat Moss stations could still get a direct service to the Airport albeit slower.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - boby32 - 25/05/2018 06:19

Reduced Blackpool service now extended to 27th May.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/188573.aspx

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - wirralbus - 25/05/2018 09:34

(25/05/2018 06:19)boby32 Wrote:  Reduced Blackpool service now extended to 27th May.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/188573.aspx

This seems to be a moving problem , can they not give a definitive date yet , it just seems as the 27th May gets closer that date may slip as well.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - mikestone - 25/05/2018 12:02

Although of course 26th is a strike day and I cannot find an amended timetable on Northern's website for 27th.
;

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - St Helens Rider - 25/05/2018 12:06

(25/05/2018 12:02)mikestone Wrote:  Although of course 26th is a strike day and I cannot find an amended timetable on Northern's website for 27th.
;

It's probably the same timetable that's been running all week (bar the strike days). For example not all the Liverpool's are running through. Should be found under the improvement works section.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Gordon V - 25/05/2018 12:49

(25/05/2018 12:06)St Helens Rider Wrote:  It's probably the same timetable that's been running all week (bar the strike days). For example not all the Liverpool's are running through. Should be found under the improvement works section.

Amended timetables for the 27th is on the northern website to note is that there are some Liverpool to Oxford Road via Warrington trains running on the 27th may that didn't on the 25th although these seem missing from the website,these trains on the 25th may only ran between Warrington and Oxford Road

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - mikestone - 25/05/2018 14:19

Pardon - 27th is Sunday, I think you mean 26th and 24th?
;
RTT now showing amended Blackpool services next week - again showing most trains to run and additional buses. One change is that they have come to their senses with the Blackpool-Piccadilly services and cut them back to Oxford Road .

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Gordon V - 25/05/2018 14:20

(25/05/2018 14:19)mikestone Wrote:  Pardon - 27th is Sunday, I think you mean 26th and 24th?
;
RTT now showing amended Blackpool services next week - again showing most trains to run and additional buses. One change is that they have come to their senses with the Blackpool-Piccadilly services and cut them back to Oxford Road .

Yes I meant 24th and 26th,everything else I said was correct

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - mikestone - 25/05/2018 15:04

(25/05/2018 14:20)Gordon V Wrote:  Yes I meant 24th and 26th,everything else I said was correct

I still cannot find anything for Blackpool on 27th.
;
I see they have attempted to run some extra Buckshaw-Victoria trains in the peaks.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Gordon V - 25/05/2018 15:45

(25/05/2018 15:04)mikestone Wrote:  I still cannot find anything for Blackpool on 27th.
;
I see they have attempted to run some extra Buckshaw-Victoria trains in the peaks.

I didn't personally mention Blackpool on Sunday 27 May it was someone else.

Only other thing to add from me as regards the 27th May is there will be a reduced train service in the Liverpool area that day timetable itself being confirmed tomorrow