Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Platt Bridge (Scrap Storage) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Platt Bridge (Scrap Storage) (/showthread.php?tid=1142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - ANW 2283 - 29/05/2016 14:50

(29/05/2016 13:07)RedPanda Wrote:  Pretty sure that is Blakeleys in Bickershaw although I think it's a recycleing centre and not a scrap yard.
Your Volvo double decker is an ex Pilkington Bus and pictures are on #18 of this thread under motormayhem's pilkington bus. As for the DLA I don't know but I'll have a ride up Tomorrow or Tuesday.

Ow do,
I don't think it was G301 UYK, similar colour scheme but a darker red. Also it still had the front panel on, that's how I knew it was a Volvo with the diagonal slash and square badge on it. I had a look in your Flickr album and I didn't see a picture of it. Thanks anyway... Smile

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - RedPanda - 29/05/2016 16:50

(29/05/2016 14:50)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Ow do,
I don't think it was G301 UYK, similar colour scheme but a darker red. Also it still had the front panel on, that's how I knew it was a Volvo with the diagonal slash and square badge on it. I had a look in your Flickr album and I didn't see a picture of it. Thanks anyway... Smile

Ok. As I said I'll have a ride Platt Bridge at some point see if I can spot anything new or anything sat on death row.

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - RedPanda - 01/06/2016 16:02

Ah yes I know which one your on about. I've recently seen an ex Dublin bus on flickr. That was taken in Wigan, N reg Volvo with damage that as far as I could see was just missing it's windscreen for the top deck. It also appeared to have a tree growing outside of it on flickr.

I'll try and and find it for you all. I'll also upload a few pics that I've taken once edited.

A few recovery trucks were in the yard today reversing into the yard. The staff onsite don't seem very health and safety concious as they didn't have any hi-vis clothing on and there was a child onsite wandering round the yard again no hi-vis.

Edit: the link for a decker https://flic.kr/p/GMRq4r
It was taken yesterday according to the description

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - RedPanda - 01/06/2016 19:24

(01/06/2016 16:02)RedPanda Wrote:  Ah yes I know which one your on about. I've recently seen an ex Dublin bus on flickr. That was taken in Wigan, N reg Volvo with damage that as far as I could see was just missing it's windscreen for the top deck. It also appeared to have a tree growing outside of it on flickr.

I'll try and and find it for you all. I'll also upload a few pics that I've taken once edited.

A few recovery trucks were in the yard today reversing into the yard. The staff onsite don't seem very health and safety concious as they didn't have any hi-vis clothing on and there was a child onsite wandering round the yard again no hi-vis.

Edit: the link for a decker https://flic.kr/p/GMRq4r
It was taken yesterday according to the description

Today's lot
https://flic.kr/s/aHskBmDSPS

No London DLA though
I'll pop up there again possibly on Friday afternoon about 1pm 1.30pm or so and see whats new and whats gone

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - RedPanda - 07/07/2016 20:52

Are there any new acquirements here? I'll go for a mooch round tomorrow if so

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - motormayhem1 - 01/09/2016 14:36

At least 3 ex gha deckers have turned up here by the looks of it.

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - RedPanda - 01/09/2016 17:10

(01/09/2016 14:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  At least 3 ex gha deckers have turned up here by the looks of it.

I'll try and get to Platt Bridge either tomorrow or Monday and I'll confirm registrations

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - iMarkeh - 01/09/2016 17:32

Any buses that are alright condition but no one wants? I would like to own a bus.

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - T42 PVM - 01/09/2016 17:41

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

RE: PLATT BRIDGE (scrap storage) - RedPanda - 01/09/2016 18:07

(01/09/2016 17:32)iMarkeh Wrote:  Any buses that are alright condition but no one wants? I would like to own a bus.

I'm sure there's quite a few darts around that nobody wants