Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
European Union - IN or OUT - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: European Union - IN or OUT (/showthread.php?tid=1118)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - childwallblues - 07/03/2016 19:02

Should we be discussing politics on the website?

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - MPTE1955 - 07/03/2016 19:27

I don't see any reason why not, the topic is in the random section that is mostly not about buses so not reason not to, particularly this subject.

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - wirralbus - 09/03/2016 15:21

European Politics is relevant to a lot of items we discus in here , be it bus or train .

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - SLTRegular - 11/03/2016 04:30

Doubt i could vote this time as i should be in Brisbane for Origin when the votes on but i'd vote out i guess

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - wirralbus - 11/03/2016 08:13

If your able you should apply for a postal vote , its going to be close that really every vote will count on either side of the argument .

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - Metroline1511 - 12/03/2016 22:34

(11/03/2016 08:13)wirralbus Wrote:  If your able you should apply for a postal vote , its going to be close that really every vote will count on either side of the argument .

I shall be out of the country, in Dublin when the referendum is held. I shall therefore apply for a postal vote.

I have personal reasons for wanting to be there for the weekend of June 25th/26th. My plans stalled when I first heard June 23rd touted as a potential date. However, once I realised that it could be fascinating to hear the coverage there I booked my flights to go then anyway! Then 3 weeks later this date was confirmed.

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - wirralbus - 09/04/2016 18:19

It looks likely from our straw poll that of users here at Dartslf.com that we want to stay in the European union .

On the day its the don't knows that will decide our fate by the looks of it .

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - RedPanda - 10/04/2016 20:45

(09/04/2016 18:19)wirralbus Wrote:  It looks likely from our straw poll that of users here at Dartslf.com that we want to stay in the European union .

On the day its the don't knows that will decide our fate by the looks of it .

The don't knows may be the people who can't be bothered with politics or students who come to life when darkness comes round.

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - wirralbus - 11/05/2016 08:27

I think there is so much bitterness in both camps that it will still divide the political parties after the Referendum Result has been announced one way or another .

I cant believe that the EU referendum result could cause the next world war was beyond belief .

RE: European Union - IN or OUT - Barney - 11/05/2016 09:34

(11/05/2016 08:27)wirralbus Wrote:  I think there is so much bitterness in both camps that it will still divide the political parties after the Referendum Result has been announced one way or another .

I cant believe that the EU referendum result could cause the next world war was beyond belief .

The League of Nations was set up after the first world war in an attempt to prevent such a thing ever happening again. Because of the nationalistic divisions it didn't last very long and what was the result: another world war. The Balkans war in the early 90s shows how far we are from another calamity: not very.

The EU is by no means perfect but it's better than the alternative.