Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Hattons Model Shop - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Hattons Model Shop (/showthread.php?tid=1113)

Hattons Model Shop - T42 PVM - 11/02/2016 15:59

Noticed Hattons have closed their store on Allerton Road (Liverpool) meaning should anyone want to shop there they need to go to Widnes, I know you can shop online but am sure a lot of people would much rather go to the shop in person and browse

Does anyone know why the shop has closed?

RE: Hattons Model Shop - RedPanda - 11/02/2016 19:46

(11/02/2016 15:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  Noticed Hattons have closed their store on Allerton Road (Liverpool) meaning should anyone want to shop there they need to go to Widnes, I know you can shop online but am sure a lot of people would much rather go to the shop in person and browse

Running costs I'd guess.
When did it close? I passed the shop on a Sunday dinnertime in early January and again about a week later I think it was closed then.

RE: Hattons Model Shop - N301 CKB - 11/02/2016 20:30

(11/02/2016 19:46)RedPanda Wrote:  Running costs I'd guess.
When did it close? I passed the shop on a Sunday dinnertime in early January and again about a week later I think it was closed then.

This is part of a longer-term plan which has been brought forward due to the condition of the building being found to be worse than first anticipated

More info at
http://www.ehattons.com/store

RE: Hattons Model Shop - RedPanda - 11/02/2016 20:51

(11/02/2016 20:30)N301 CKB Wrote:  This is part of a longer-term plan which has been brought forward due to the condition of the building being found to be worse than first anticipated

More info at
http://www.ehattons.com/store

Its not good to get to if your on the bus, its at the bottom of Knowsley Express way and no buses stop on the site. I did a course there and it cost me a bomb in taxi fares. A half an hour walk is the only other option through some long grass and steep slopes.

RE: Hattons Model Shop - childwallblues - 09/03/2016 07:33

(11/02/2016 15:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  Noticed Hattons have closed their store on Allerton Road (Liverpool) meaning should anyone want to shop there they need to go to Widnes, I know you can shop online but am sure a lot of people would much rather go to the shop in person and browse

It was on Smithtown Road actually!

RE: Hattons Model Shop - RedPanda - 09/03/2016 09:15

(09/03/2016 07:33)childwallblues Wrote:  It was on Smithtown Road actually!

I meant if your going by public transport to the new shop it's not an ideal location. However parking was an issue when it was on Smithdown Road with it being a high rental area and there being many takeaways along the road itself. Can't please everyone.

RE: Hattons Model Shop - childwallblues - 10/03/2016 06:44

Red Pandas comment is correct although I would disagree with it being a high rental area. However Hattons over the years has grown out of being a local business into being a national/international business and probably make most of their money that way.