Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) (/showthread.php?tid=1102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Limos North West - T42 PVM - 28/01/2016 20:43

Yea thats a bit different to the one i picked up in Warringtons Travel centre

RE: Limos North West - Valandil - 28/01/2016 22:02

There was a variation made to the service before it began running, so one or other probably doesn't reflect this ... but which one?!

RE: Limos North West - knutstransport - 29/01/2016 11:58

(27/01/2016 20:27)Dentonian Wrote:  I assume its only because of NW's own behaviour (including refusing to stock other Operator's Bus Timetables), that their Lawyer's have decided not to pursue claims of "passing off" against GHA and now this company.

It's Warrington Council's responsibility to ensure bus timetables are made available at places such as Libraries and kept up-to-date with all services at bus stops. Nothing to do with Network Warrington. One thing that's not good is on WBC's website the bus timetable link just goes to NW's website with no links to timetables operated by other operators, not even any that operate in Warrington not in direct competition with NW routes.

With regards to GHA and red buses I imagine GHA will argue the Wright Renowns were red when they acquired them and they did add their own name to them before they went for a full repaint. Also that they are using a red livery for their premier routes in Cheshire generally - the 88 and 42 buses have similar liveries to the Metrocities despite not going near Warrington. Whether the decision to create a red livery for the 'GHA Gold' routes related to their ambition to start services in Warrington is a different matter.

The red on the front of the GHA Gold buses also looks very similar to D&G red. Without the looking at the destination displays I doubt most people in Knutsford would be able to tell whether a D&G Wright Streetlite is approaching the bus stop or a GHA Enviro 200 and as for when D&G occasionally use Enviro 200s on the 300 route....

RE: Limos North West - K10K11 - 29/01/2016 14:45

(29/01/2016 11:58)knutstransport Wrote:  It's Warrington Council's responsibility to ensure bus timetables are made available at places such as Libraries and kept up-to-date with all services at bus stops. Nothing to do with Network Warrington. One thing that's not good is on WBC's website the bus timetable link just goes to NW's website with no links to timetables operated by other operators, not even any that operate in Warrington not in direct competition with NW routes.

Hi all, long time lurker on this site but first time poster.

As a resident of Warrington I can tell you that WBC doesnt make sure all the bus stop displays are kept up to date. The stop round the corner from us doesnt even have any timetables displayed in it anymore, and quite often used to carry out of date timetables - and from what I've seen this isn't uncommon. As far as I'm aware the only place you can get timetables is the Bus Station. And the WBC website has been like that for years. A few links to all the companies websites wouldn't be too difficult to put up.

To get back to the thread topic though, I saw one of MD's link network buses displaying 'Not in Service' running up Folly Lane and Longshaw Street at about 1pm yesterday - that's the route the 16 takes into Dallam. A couple of minutes later it was heading back towards town again.

RE: Limos North West - knutstransport - 29/01/2016 17:27

(29/01/2016 16:23)Dentonian Wrote:  Don't Warrington Council own Network Warrington? Other ops and/or passengers and the CMA would argue that the Council (as owners of the Interchange) are deliberatly trying to divert custom away from NW's competitors, or - worse still - give the impression some services don't exist.

The point I was trying to make if you write to the general manager of Network Warrington he can legitimately say other operator's timetables are nothing to do with him, but as for the leader of Warrington Council....

RE: Limos North West - Lynx - 29/01/2016 19:03

(29/01/2016 14:45)K10K11 Wrote:  Hi all, long time lurker on this site but first time poster.

As a resident of Warrington I can tell you that WBC doesnt make sure all the bus stop displays are kept up to date. The stop round the corner from us doesnt even have any timetables displayed in it anymore, and quite often used to carry out of date timetables - and from what I've seen this isn't uncommon. As far as I'm aware the only place you can get timetables is the Bus Station. And the WBC website has been like that for years. A few links to all the companies websites wouldn't be too difficult to put up.

To get back to the thread topic though, I saw one of MD's link network buses displaying 'Not in Service' running up Folly Lane and Longshaw Street at about 1pm yesterday - that's the route the 16 takes into Dallam. A couple of minutes later it was heading back towards town again.

Welcome to the forum!

I got some free time this afternoon so decided to try and get some photos of the MD Renowns but didn't have a whole lot of luck in finding them. Appeared that a couple of workings where no shows. Did see one running out of service however that caught me off guard.

RE: Limos North West - T42 PVM - 29/01/2016 19:22

Its a disgrace that this company thinks it can drop the Service whenever it feels like!

RE: Limos North West - X782 NWX - 29/01/2016 19:26

Not sure if its of interest but yesterday saw Fairbrothers DLA S248 JUA on the 110, photo here on my page for those interested:

https://www.facebook.com/danielsbustrainphotos/posts/1719388991640584

RE: Limos North West - RedPanda - 29/01/2016 19:39

(29/01/2016 19:26)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  Not sure if its of interest but yesterday saw Fairbrothers DLA S248 JUA on the 110, photo here on my page for those interested:

https://www.facebook.com/danielsbustrainphotos/posts/1719388991640584

The route is operated by MD Travel isn't it?

RE: Limos North West - SK15 GZG - 29/01/2016 20:05

(29/01/2016 19:39)RedPanda Wrote:  The route is operated by MD Travel isn't it?

MD Travel is part of the Fairbrother Group