Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) (/showthread.php?tid=1102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - RedPanda - 23/04/2017 18:18

(23/04/2017 16:03)Garsty Wrote:  To my surprise I just saw MX05 ELJ heading out of New Broughton, Wrexham with passengers aboard, just 'Link Network' displaying on the display.

They hire out buses and coaches as well as operate services

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - RSTurbo50 - 23/04/2017 18:57

In effect can Arriva just flood more buses on the 329 to ensure Link Network don't pick anyone up? Just thinking they have the resources and don't like the competition...

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - Bevan Price - 23/04/2017 19:05

(23/04/2017 18:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  In effect can Arriva just flood more buses on the 329 to ensure Link Network don't pick anyone up? Just thinking they have the resources and don't like the competition...

Doubt it - they have not flooded the 110 with extra buses since Link Network started.

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - RedPanda - 23/04/2017 20:55

(22/04/2017 18:28)linknetwork Wrote:  You see this is the problem. Large operators like to squeeze in every route into every minute hence causing delays and upset to passengers who rely on the service being on time. You are customed to expecting services to be crammed into each other. Yes sure i can fit the 110 into the 329 but why? If there is a delay and had a knock on effect for an hour thats going to cost money and louse faith in my customers. My approach is simple...

On time
Affordable fares
No confusing ticket offers
Hello
Thankyou
Good morning
Good bye
And a smile.
Oh and clean buses.

Add letting the passenger sit down before taking off again, little things make the difference with the elderly and disabled (non w/chair user)
Something your drivers are good at

Sadly its hard to come by as this is a safety issue that from my observations get ignored by many drivers

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - Raawwwrrr! - 23/04/2017 22:02

(23/04/2017 19:05)Bevan Price Wrote:  Doubt it - they have not flooded the 110 with extra buses since Link Network started.

There hasn't been a need to and the loadings will explain why

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - Lynx - 23/04/2017 23:11

(23/04/2017 19:05)Bevan Price Wrote:  Doubt it - they have not flooded the 110 with extra buses since Link Network started.

It's not necessary due to the fact that Arriva's other services in Halton essentially act as feeder services in effect, giving them the upper hand from the outset. For example, someone living in the other end of Widnes is likely to hop on a 79c/82a and buy a day ticket and then jump off at Morrisons and wait for the Arriva 110 if travelling to Warrington, of course as opposed to using Halton's lengthy 62 service.

Like I've said before it's somewhere that Link Network might want to look towards in terms of expansion. The Halebank/Hough Green - Widnes corridor is overcrowded but the question I ask is why would anyone pay more on Arriva to get to Warrington, providing that the service is of course punctual and reliable. Just to cover all bases it's the same using Halton, why pay more for a service that will ultimately take longer, bearing in mind a Link Network return costs £3.30 against £4 for a Halton day ticket, of course a Halton day ticket adds extra flexibility but if you need it simply for your commute along one set route why pay more?

This is just an example of one coridoor, but my point is that for services linking two towns to be sustainable when the service itself covers very little in populous areas going in and out of each town, feeders will in the long run determine the success of a service.

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - linknetwork - 24/04/2017 07:11

(23/04/2017 23:11)Lynx Wrote:  It's not necessary due to the fact that Arriva's other services in Halton essentially act as feeder services in effect, giving them the upper hand from the outset. For example, someone living in the other end of Widnes is likely to hop on a 79c/82a and buy a day ticket and then jump off at Morrisons and wait for the Arriva 110 if travelling to Warrington, of course as opposed to using Halton's lengthy 62 service.

Like I've said before it's somewhere that Link Network might want to look towards in terms of expansion. The Halebank/Hough Green - Widnes corridor is overcrowded but the question I ask is why would anyone pay more on Arriva to get to Warrington, providing that the service is of course punctual and reliable. Just to cover all bases it's the same using Halton, why pay more for a service that will ultimately take longer, bearing in mind a Link Network return costs £3.30 against £4 for a Halton day ticket, of course a Halton day ticket adds extra flexibility but if you need it simply for your commute along one set route why pay more?

This is just an example of one coridoor, but my point is that for services linking two towns to be sustainable when the service itself covers very little in populous areas going in and out of each town, feeders will in the long run determine the success of a service.

Good reply! Just on your last paragraph were now into the 2nd year of the 110 service and are more than happy with its performance. Things change from time to time but we just counter it when required.

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - linknetwork - 24/04/2017 07:15

(23/04/2017 16:03)Garsty Wrote:  To my surprise I just saw MX05 ELJ heading out of New Broughton, Wrexham with passengers aboard, just 'Link Network' displaying on the display.
Morris Dance troop from St Helens were struggling for transport after being let down, Couldn't see them struggling so I hired MX05 out to them.

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - Lynx - 25/04/2017 13:27

(24/04/2017 07:11)linknetwork Wrote:  Good reply! Just on your last paragraph were now into the 2nd year of the 110 service and are more than happy with its performance. Things change from time to time but we just counter it when required.

Your right of course, and I'm sure you will carry on being successful along the 110 route. I suppose my point was suggesting a way in which you can strengthen your position further against Arriva in the long run as opposed to knocking your current position so I hope it didn't seem that way!

It's nice to see an operator having a good go at Arriva with a quality operation so good luck to you.

RE: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach) - linknetwork - 26/04/2017 06:47

Hi, Thought Id update you on one of our latest additions to our fleet. Will be seen out today on the 268 & 110. Enjoy