Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - mathias - 05/07/2014 10:46

(04/07/2014 21:16)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Hello guys, id thought id share my photograph of VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar CX58EVJ (2687) at the Launch of the Sapphire Service in Wigan today :-')

Photograph here :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorthwestwaleswrexhamdepotfleet/14388209217/

Nice upgrade!
Only the tarnished headlamps and indicators give clues to the age of this bus (just over five-and-a-half years' old).

Notice the orange marker lights along the flanks (similar to the 13-plate Pulsars).

Nice to see Arriva appealing to younger passengers (who probably cannot afford ridiculous car insurance premiums), with WiFi and charging points rather than pensioners who get on with loss-making passes.

Let's hope it's a success!

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 05/07/2014 14:09

I don't know if it's just me, but personally I believe Arriva are making a mistake with what services they are choosing to upgrade (with the exception on the 12).

I'm really shocked that they haven't chosen to upgrade either the X1, 500 or 375/385. The airlink 500 service especially due to it's higher flat fare, and lack of branding to say that it is an express service of somewhat, plus with the bendybus catching fire minutes from the airport not too long ago, that really gave a "Welcome to Liverpool" experience to any tourists on board at the time.

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - skemnational - 05/07/2014 14:13

The 375/385 will be done by end of September But with brand new double deckers

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - FC Pictures - 05/07/2014 14:27

(05/07/2014 14:09)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I don't know if it's just me, but personally I believe Arriva are making a mistake with what services they are choosing to upgrade (with the exception on the 12).

I'm really shocked that they haven't chosen to upgrade either the X1, 500 or 375/385. The airlink 500 service especially due to it's higher flat fare, and lack of branding to say that it is an express service of somewhat, plus with the bendybus catching fire minutes from the airport not too long ago, that really gave a "Welcome to Liverpool" experience to any tourists on board at the time.

The whole Sapphire branding idea is misplaced really and confusing to passengers,why Sapphire it`s still an Arriva bus,to my way of thinking it`s a pointless bit of branding,if anything you would put the Arriva name larger perhaps with Sapphire as a much smaller after thought not how it`s being done at the moment,

I also don`t get the 2 plus 1 seating on the upper deck of the Enviro400`s ,how is that helpful at busy times,the on board next stop announcements on the 1s to wrexham are poorly done and must irritate regular passengers rather than help their journey.

The X1`s do have leather seats and Wi -fi without the stupid Sapphire brand on the buses, and the 375/385 is getting new buses soon,also with leather seats but not branded as Sapphire,the 500 is likely to see some of speke`s new Enviro400`s used on it when they come into service,it`s had a very mixed allocation now for years,almost anything can run on there,It`s a shame about the bendys but they have brought their firecracker reputation with them from London,losing 2 recently must have meant Arriva`s insuarance company wanted them off the road now,before one is involved in a more serious accident. Welcome to Liverpool here`s your 15 year old Renown i admit is not the best image to present to visitors.

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - kuyoyo - 05/07/2014 15:32

(05/07/2014 14:09)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I don't know if it's just me, but personally I believe Arriva are making a mistake with what services they are choosing to upgrade (with the exception on the 12).

(05/07/2014 14:13)skemnational Wrote:  The 375/385 will be done by end of September But with brand new double deckers

The 362/575 is the only North West route being upgraded. The 375/385 don't fit what so far appears to be the Sapphire criteria (no route launched so far haven't had a combined frequency less than every 15 minutes).

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - MPTE1955 - 05/07/2014 15:58

(05/07/2014 14:13)Dentonian Wrote:  But who have probably worked all their lives to earn those passes, and don't have aspirations/medical ability to abandon the bus (and their green principles) the minute they can afford car insurance. Besides, with Pension age increasing much faster than life expectancy in Greater Manchester - though not so much in Bolton/Wigan as east Manchester/Tameside - the cost to the tax payer will fall anyway.

Indeed, I think some people forget that pensioners may have worked all their lives and have earned their bus passes.

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - R557 ABA - 05/07/2014 16:56

It's probably worth noting too that most future orders will come with led saloon lighting, eleather covered seating and WiFi as standard.

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 05/07/2014 18:35

(05/07/2014 16:56)R557 ABA Wrote:  It's probably worth noting too that most future orders will come with led saloon lighting, eleather covered seating and WiFi as standard.

Sadly not charger ports, Even if I had my phone on the lowest brightness setting and used the wifi on say the new 375/385 enviro's, my battery would probably die between southport and the hospital let alone Wigan! Laugh

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 05/07/2014 18:37

(05/07/2014 15:32)kuyoyo Wrote:   (no route launched so far haven't had a combined frequency less than every 15 minutes).

That's something I haven't really noticed before, except at how low the Sunday Service is on routes such as the 575 (full route)

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - M60lad - 06/07/2014 06:19

Have these Sapphire vehicles just been programmed with the next stop announcements for 362/575s or will it work on other routes as I can see Bolton Depot use these Pulsars on other routes especially in the evening and on Sund ay's, probably can see a Pulsar or 2 showing up on Sunday's on 510 for example